• Yes, I have one. 361 votes
    58%
  • I have one or more. 169 votes
    27%
  • Considering buying one or more. 56 votes
    9%
  • No, never 32 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 618 votes by 602 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 383 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190826_143215_resized (resized).jpg
4167D3CE-13C3-40C4-8126-2F0D8B1A0B1C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.28.23 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 3.48.19 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 3.55.02 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 4.01.46 PM (resized).png
20190809_162617 (resized).jpg
20190809_162606 (resized).jpg
20190809_162309 (resized).jpg
20190809_162257 (resized).jpg
20190809_162248 (resized).jpg
IMG_7264 (resized).JPG
IMG_1667 (resized).JPG
IMG_1666 (resized).JPG
0BDE6503-6D8B-4635-9B19-6B36817A8F53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1423 (resized).JPG

There are 1330 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 27.
#701 2 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

There's a whole ordeal about the JP CPR plastics. You can find that information over in the JP club thread.

Thanks for letting me know, I will definitely check out that thread.

#702 2 years ago

All, am currently doing a full restore on my Checkpoint and am wondering where I can get this type of metallic shield paper that goes behind the DMD. Pictures attached. Thanks in advance.

IMG_9338 (resized).JPG

IMG_9341 (resized).JPG

IMG_9340 (resized).JPG

IMG_9342 (resized).JPG

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

All, am currently doing a full restore on my Checkpoint and am wondering where I can get this type of metallic shield paper that goes behind the DMD. Pictures attached. Thanks in advance.

Oddly enough I think I saw some at hobby lobby

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Just finishing up on our Rocky & Bullwinkle plastic set mini kit, ready to be sent off for production next week. Haven't decided on how many we will have made so wondering what the level of interest would be?
Anyone know if there's an R&B club on Pinside?

How much?

#705 2 years ago

Well my #Simpsons now has a new El Barto plastic, ready to be broken again and my center nuclear tower pop bumper light was getting weaker and eventually died. This little jerk right here:

Little Jerk of a Diode (resized).jpg

After a bunch of troubleshooting (these lights are AC not DC duh, if I jumped the bridge without the diode the light worked fine) I was able to do my first ever diode replacement. The light works great now!

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

these lights are AC not DC duh

Do you mean DC not AC.

DC = Direct Current
AC = Alternating Currnet
Lamp Strobes = Direct Current.
GI Lamps = Alternating Current.
Ah, the joys of pinballs.

#707 2 years ago

Crap, you're right. I am looking at DC *not* AC. I even remember saying that to myself when I didn't see any significant AC voltage.

I'm new at this.

In any case I hate diodes.

#708 2 years ago

...just as long as you weren't...thunderstruck...

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

...just as long as you weren't...thunderstruck...

I... Iii... Ii... Iii... Ii... Iiiiii...

#710 2 years ago

Looking for a replacement for my Secret Service ramp. Anything out there?

Secret Service

WIN_20170406_21_13_23_Pro (resized).jpg

#711 2 years ago

Can someone please do me a favor and take a couple photos of the back of your DMD and Speaker panel? I yanked my DMD out to put in a colorDMD LED panel and want to refer to a few screws and post placement of the original setup.

My rule is to try and always take photos of things I pull apart, since I can always delete them if not needed, but this time I accidentally skipped that step. Doh!

#712 2 years ago

Is there any advantage to just arbitrarily upgrading the roms in my machine? I have a #Simpsons with ROMs B5-A6 and C5-A6. I saw A7 is out and about... but considering the thing is almost 30 years old there aren't any change logs or any appreciable info on what the difference is. Would there be a point to upgrading?

#713 2 years ago

Do any of you data east guys happen to have used plastics for a star trek 25th? I know I can buy a CPR set but, I only need the lower lane guides and the two girls over the slings. Hate to drop $160+ when I only need those.

#714 2 years ago

Ok guys, just aquired the lanes guides and still need the two girls over the slingshots for star trek 25th. Any help would be great

#715 2 years ago

Looking for trouble shooting help regarding Playboy 35th.

I get all the issues resolved, except for the music still not playing, but now, after I start a game and shoot the ball, when it hits only the right pop bumper - along with me holding the right flipper button - that activates the VUK, which of course tells the game that a ball is in the grotto, so it ejects another ball into the shooting lane ready to play while the other ball is still in play. How does this happen when none of them are associated with each other??

Oh, and I did a switch test and it doesn't show any issues... Only happens when a game is played.

Thank you for any brainstorming resolve you might have in advance.

Here is my link that I started on fixing this beast up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-playboy-35th-issues

#716 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-delay-on-power-up

I'm having an issue with my LAH on start up. If anyone can help us really appreciate it.

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/last-action-hero-delay-on-power-up
I'm having an issue with my LAH on start up. If anyone can help us really appreciate it.

I think the last reply in that thread had it - a cap isn't charging. If you have good voltage to the board and something is slow getting going, it really sounds like a capacitor to me.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I think the last reply in that thread had it - a cap isn't charging. If you have good voltage to the board and something is slow getting going, it really sounds like a capacitor to me.

Thanks! I will start there. Thanks for looking out for others!

#719 2 years ago

I did some cleaning on my play field and when I turned my Simpsons back on, half of my playfield lights were dead and my right slingshot was machine gunning when the game started, and the play logic went crazy - the game wanted me to start multi ball right after starting a game. I was panicking.

The leaf switch was closed on the slingshot and that was easy to fix, and that also seemed to cure the game logic issue. For the GI, the fuses were fine, and traced the section that was dead to the violet GI wiring, F4 fuse I think. After looking under the playfield and looking for any voltage on either side of the violet loop I went back to the power board and noticed the GI connector was burnt on pin 9 which held the violet white GI wire. I was able to cut back some of the burnt wire and put it back in the connector securely but I think maybe I should replace the connector.

Where could I find a 9 pin GI connector for a DE Simpsons?

#720 2 years ago

Marco Specialties has them. Don't remember what the wire size is but they carry both red and orange color code. I think red is for 22g wire. You can also use a larger IDC connector like an 11 pin if you have one and cut it down. FYI, usually when a connector burns the header needs changing too, little more involved job, DYI not recommended if you don't have board repair soldering/desoldering experience.

IMG_0808 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#721 2 years ago

I just posted this in the Alphanumerica tech thread but just in case, here it is here, too.

Hi everyone. I've read about this problem before and I've tried a couple fixes but it's not enough yet. The Princess Kashmir Right Vertical Up Kicker on my DE Simpsons is crazy inconsistent. Sometimes it kicks super hard for maybe 30 or 40 straight kicks, then it can't get the ball up the wire ramp for 6-10 straight kicks. It's really inconsistent.

I've replaced the ball cup since it seemed really worn and I have smoothed down the metal plunger with 220 grit until it is very smooth as mentioned in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/de-simpsons-weak-vuk

It wasn't that rough in the first place but I wanted to try some easier stuff first.

I have NOT changed the coil sleeves yet. I ordered some but they were not flanged. I just now ordered some flanged ones. That being said the sleeve seems to be in good shape, and the plunger seems to move very smoothly in it. The switch works great and is very responsive. The whole assembly is pretty clean. No apparent attempts to grease or oil the thing in the past.

I haven't swapped out the VUK assembly with the Bigfoot Left VUK, though I understand that's an option. I have not replaced the coil yet, although I have one on order.

It's just the inconsistency that's killing me here - so many times in a row that sucker will push the ball onto the ramp like it is brand new for 40 straight kicks, and then it gets weak for 6 kicks, then it's back to being strong again.

Does anyone have a good idea for the best plan of attack?

#722 2 years ago

i cleaned and waxed my sttng wire ramp, and it made a huge difference. the symptoms were the same. depending on the ball spin, it would affect momentum.

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

i cleaned and waxed my sttng wire ramp, and it made a huge difference. the symptoms were the same. depending on the ball spin, it would affect momentum.

That's interesting because I'm going to order some newly powder coated rails soon, too. Thanks for the advice!

#724 2 years ago

Am currently restoring my backbox. What methods are being applied to clean up the pcb panel. Mine seems to be light dolphin grey. I've seen others with Williams machine shine these up with a da sander (120,220,320,etc) but factory does not appear to be this way. Any advice is appreciated.

IMG_9519 (resized).JPG

IMG_9522 (resized).JPG

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Am currently restoring my backbox. What methods are being applied to clean up the pcb panel. Mine seems to be light dolphin grey. I've seen others with Williams machine shine these up with a da sander (120,220,320,etc) but factory does not appear to be this way. Any advice is appreciated.

You could take some 000 steel wool to it to clean and polish it

#726 2 years ago

Can anyone air brush a speaker cover on my DE Simpons

20170201_205710 (resized).jpg

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You could take some 000 steel wool to it to clean and polish it

After I posted, that is exactly what I did...

IMG_9525 (resized).JPG

IMG_9536 (resized).JPG

IMG_9537 (resized).JPG

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

After I posted, that is exactly what I did...

Looks nice and clean!

#729 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

And can this same person do the dino speakers for Jurassic Park?
Repros are definitely needed for this kinda thing!

#730 2 years ago

Proud owner of Data East Star Wars, from Bogota Colombia(South America), its been on storage more than 15 years, in poor condition and missing tons of parts, but just a little love and perseverance.......she's getting there...strong with the force.

Looking for Death Star target mech, I know it's tough..... I was able to get one from Mexico but it's in pieces.

Gustavo

IMG_0159 (resized).JPG

IMG_0169 (resized).JPG

image2 (resized).JPG

#731 2 years ago
Quoted from Meloyelo51:

I am going to be purchasing a silhouette cameo soon and will be making stencils for my checkpoint.

One of my ideas is to re-spray the speaker grills -will probably use the Porsche / Wurttemberg coat of arms

#732 2 years ago

Just purchased my first DMD R&B with LED lighting upgrade recently. Love this machine. Was attracted to it due to being a 70s kid and watching the cartoon. I have a friend who is a massive R&B fan. She has 5 R&B tattoos! Another factor was the bright colored play field. Future upgrade will be to color display screen.
Want more DE machines? Yup!

IMG_8833 (resized).JPG

IMG_8840 (resized).JPG

#733 2 years ago

I am looking for a Phantom of the Opera backglass desperately if someone has one to give up. Please
Let me know

#734 2 years ago

Just had my POTO boards serviced. After putting everything back together some of the voice sounds are not working. It no longer says "I am the Phantom of the Opera" and a few other things. Could this be as simple as a bad eprom or does anyone have a different idea of what's wrong? Thanks.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from OrangeSC:

Just had my POTO boards serviced. After putting everything back together some of the voice sounds are not working. It no longer says "I am the Phantom of the Opera" and a few other things. Could this be as simple as a bad eprom or does anyone have a different idea of what's wrong? Thanks.

Contact whomever repaired the boards.

#736 2 years ago

Unfortunately he's just left on vacation. I do not think he ended up doing anything to the sound board. We just gave him all the boards to test. We had some broken fuse holders and had an nvram chip installed.

#737 2 years ago

Does not hurt to send another message to him. My only suggestion would be to,reseat both ends of the sound board ribbon cable at the sound board and at the MPU .

#738 2 years ago

Thanks. We are going to patiently wait for him to return from vacation. I am pretty sure it's the EPROMs but I've been wrong before.

#739 2 years ago

Anyone have a transformer they would be willing to part with? Part # 010-5003-00. Same transformer used in several Data East games.
BATMAN, GUNS N ROSES, JURASSIC PARK, LAST ACTION HERO , LETHAL WEAPON 3, STAR WARS , TALES FROM THE CRYPT, TOMMY,

I wanted to check here first just in case before I create a Parts Wanted add.

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from OrangeSC:

Thanks. We are going to patiently wait for him to return from vacation. I am pretty sure it's the EPROMs but I've been wrong before.

Honestly, I cannot see that being sound ROMs if it worked before sending out the boards, it sounds more like a connection issue which is why I suggested reseating the sound board ribbon cable. Might as well reseat the other cables to the sound board too.

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from OrangeSC:

Unfortunately he's just left on vacation. I do not think he ended up doing anything to the sound board. We just gave him all the boards to test. We had some broken fuse holders and had an nvram chip installed.

Sucks to hear. All my Checkpoint boards are in the queue over at Coin-op Cauldron (9-10 week turnaround, Im at week 6).

Can't wait to put those back into the machine. On a side-note, Clive has been absolutely awesome to deal with.

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Quoted from Meloyelo51:

I can do airbrushing on these. Let me know if you want me to do them for you. Just PM me.

#743 2 years ago

New gear for Rocky and Bullwinkle Nell Log

Hi,

I have had my R&B for a while now and have always felt disappointed that my Nell was not working. The cause was obvious, no motor and no driving gear. I managed to pick up the motor a while ago and have finally gotten around to designing and 3D printing a working gear. For the torsion return spring I adapted a TOMMY blinders spring (I also print these blinders, see https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/another-tommy-blinders-repro).

Now that it's fully assembled and tested I very happy to have it working.

Cheers.

IMG_20170507_130934582 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170507_135510558 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170507_135501818 (resized).jpg

#744 2 years ago

Looking for the metal ball guide that goes on the upper right of the playfield for a Jurassic Park. Tried all the usual suppliers but no luck, seems it's probably unobtaniuim.

Long-shot, but anyone has one, please let me know.

Thanks.

Archived after 319 days
Unknown reason:
Parts - Wanted
Wanted! “Looking for the metal ball guide that goes on the upper right of the playfield. Circled in the pic below.”
2017-05-14
Wescosville, PA
Wanted

guideb08d6 (resized).jpg

#746 2 years ago

I own a teenage mutant ninja turtles that I have been trying to get in complete working order for the past couple years but this summer will be the year. Most of my main upgrades and replacements bought excpet the leds I need to get to complete it. I paid 50$ for it, its in decent shape except the ball launch assembly was sticking but the playfield is good for the time period and the outside is a little beat up but i have seen a lot in worse shape. My buddy got a star wars which was a great game but he has had some issues with it as of late.

1 week later
#747 2 years ago
Quoted from OrangeSC:

Tried this yet?

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

reseat both ends of the sound board ribbon cable at the sound board and at the MPU .

1 week later
#748 2 years ago

Progress...

On these decals, to minimize scratching I wrapped my hand in a new cloth baby diaper instead of using a brayer roll. Results were great

IMG_9814 (resized).JPG

IMG_9815 (resized).JPG

IMG_9817 (resized).JPG

IMG_9818 (resized).JPG

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Progress...
On these decals, to minimize scratching I wrapped my hand in a new cloth baby diaper instead of using a brayer roll. Results were great

Looking good! Good luck with this project.

#750 2 years ago

Have 88 secret service for sale it in the market if interested plz let me know thanks everything works comes with lots of extras alot replaced including flipper kits balls led display knocker etc..

20170603_215137 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods
$ 15.00
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Statesboro, GA
There are 1330 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside