You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy[1].gif
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0393 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BradLinden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

I have owned a POTO for ~4 years; bought mine without ever having played it because my wife and I love the theme (and the price was good).

The trap door seems to be the most impossible to replace part. The trap door on mine was 50% in tact when I bought it, so I had to hack it a little, but it's fully functional and pretty good looking. Ramps and plastics seem to hold up well, but I believe there are new replacements available if necessary. Also, the Phantom's mask, which is printed on the *outside* of the backglass, is very often flaked away. However, my wife printed out a replacement mask and stuck it to the backglass, and it looks great. A 10 cent solution that did a B+ job (i'm sure with some experimenting with different paper types etc you could make it an A+ job). I have a hi-res file of the mask that I could share if needed.

Gameplay wise, it is simple but challenging. The main goal is the multiball (which actually has a pretty interesting progression). What keeps me coming back is the difficulty of the game. It is very fast and unforgiving. The super jackpot is a serious achievement. It's a great game to compete with friends on because the ball times are short, the objectives are clear, and getting a good score is challenging. I'd be wary of having it in a small (1-3) game collection just because of the simplicity, but it works great in my 5 game collection.

Finally, what most people say about the game is that the artwork and music are its best aspects. I'm more concerned with playing the game than looking at it, but I do agree that the sound is fantastic (I hooked mine up to a sub and it's incredible), and the artwork really is beautiful and so detailed.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from shelby1000:

No, sorry I don't. I had a tech repair guy come in and he took the board and sent it to a guy that he knows and got it back in about two weeks. I asked him but he said he didn't bother to ask what was wrong. He put it in and it worked just fine. If the guy coming to your place is experienced in board repair he should be able to figure it out. It does really sound to me like it is the CPU as mine was doing the same exact thing.
Steve

I too had a non-booting game that got repaired. I believe the issue was the 2 main capacitors (one of which is huge) on the CPU board. Your tech guy should know better than me, but that solved it on my game.

7 months later
#38 7 years ago

No, I have never had the organ open and slam back down like that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
3,395 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BradLinden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-phantom-of-opera-discussion?tu=BradLinden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.