6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by StotzBotz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hello again. I had the Data East Secret Service pinball machine that had the left upper cabinet speaker humming. I took the sound board off and re soldered all of the connector pins in case there was a cold solder joint. I then switched speakers. There is still no change in the humming or the volume of it. Would this mean that I need to replace the capacitors on the sound board? Appreciate the help very much.

#2 6 years ago

I have read that this is a very common issue with these machines and although there are many suggestions, the only solution is to use an external power supply to power the sound board. Has anyone else heard of this and if so any suggestions on where to get the board and which board to buy??

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from StotzBotz:

I have read that this is a very common issue with these machines and although there are many suggestions, the only solution is to use an external power supply to power the sound board. Has anyone else heard of this and if so any suggestions on where to get the board and which board to buy??

You need a 40watt open frame power supply capable of outputting +5v, +12v and -12v. (need all 3 volatges)

There a long thread here on pinside that has pics and discussion.

Let me find it.

This: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-speaker-noise-ideas-for-a-cure

RussM

#4 6 years ago

Yes thank you. Would anyone know where I can get this supply from? I'm not sure if Ebay is the right place to look as I've searched many different ways and can't get anything to show up.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from StotzBotz:

Yes thank you. Would anyone know where I can get this supply from? I'm not sure if Ebay is the right place to look as I've searched many different ways and can't get anything to show up.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/xp-power/ECM40UT31/1470-1238-ND/4487619

RM

#6 6 years ago

WOW thank you so much! Good Karma coming to you. Appreciate it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-pb-machine-left-speaker-humming-follow-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.