3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Don44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E1546E30-EDFA-44C1-B378-EFDF6F61677C (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I purchased some nvram for my data east games FM1608-120 FM1608. I am not exactly sure which socket to plug it into and don't want to do anything stupid. Any help on the process would be appreciated.
    E1546E30-EDFA-44C1-B378-EFDF6F61677C (resized).jpegE1546E30-EDFA-44C1-B378-EFDF6F61677C (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I purchased some nvram for my data east games FM1608-120 FM1608. I am not exactly sure which socket to plug it into and don't want to do anything stupid. Any help on the process would be appreciated.
    [quoted image]

Location "D"

Some advice.

1) Machine off.
    2) Leave batteries in place.
    3) swap chips.
    4) Turn on.
    5) make changes in adjustments.
    6) shut off.
    7) remove batteries.
    8) turn back on.

play pinball!

#3 3 years ago

The Hyundai chip right below the Game ROM is your target - you'll see it's a 6264...pop it out and put in your NVRAM!

#4 3 years ago

Watch the orientation of the chip!
    Location D4.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

Watch the orientation of the chip!
    Location D4.

I missed that, thanks for pointing out!

You do so much chip work it becomes second nature and you don't even think of it.

#6 3 years ago

Thanks for the help! I successfully got it installed in lethal weapon three, Tommy, and tales from the crypt.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-nvram-placement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.