12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Has anyone had any problems with installing LEDs into a Data East machine? I am specifically talking about ghosting or problems with flashing or power? I have a MNF I am stripping down and was thinking of replacing the bulbs while I am in there. Any Suggestions?

#2 12 years ago

They will ghost. It is noticeable in the pop bumpers when you use 3 led bulbs or 4+1's. The flicker on spotlights and indicator bulbs can be annoying so I ordered non-polarized to put in those.

Using concave 170 degree non-frosted bulbs for the gi and the backglass. You can see some places in the backglass and plastics where it is darker directly above the led.

So far i am really liking how tommy is shaping up using the cool whites in the gi. It makes the game look much cleaner.

#3 12 years ago

I messed around with a bunch of different bulbs underneath my TFTC, and the bulbs in the removable sockets in lighting boards gave me the most problems with ghosting. Not so much on the bulbs that were direct wired under the playfield.

Could just be my machine, but that was my experience. Those that did ghost were bad enough to make it unworkable. But I still have a few in some of the hard-wired sockets and they don't ghost at all. Go figure.

#4 12 years ago

I have LEDs in my Tommy, and I think they look awesome. There is some minor ghosting, but it's minimal compared to some of my Bally/Willaims games:

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-machines-and-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.