• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wamonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211130-210914.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

So, I am finishing up the restore on my LW3 and I am tweaking the game after putting it all back together.

So, I have a new PPB and Power supply board, new flipper rebuild kit (complete - springs and all), new flipper coils and sleeves, new flipper buttons but not switches etc. and now the flippers will not hold. They give a good solid pulse so it works just not holding. I have double and triple checked my wiring and soldering, the coils were purchased and are supposedly the right ones. I have searched the forums and there is a lot out there but the flippers worked before I did the restore and now they do not so hoping someone else had a similar experience on a Data East DMD vintage pinball that can help me out.

Hope someone has some good direction for me from what I have seen there is a lot it could be...so far I cannot see anything wrong with it. I have heard Data East games can be a little strange since they have no EOS switch.

I read the one about fuses in this game, making sure the coin door is closed, checking the flipper switches - is far the basic little things seem OK. Again the coils are new, the sleeves are new, the flippers were completely rebuilt.

#7 2 years ago

not a rottendog flipper board - the PPB is....

I checked the fuses they all ohmed good but maybe I should just replace them - says 3amp SB....I may have them....

I will double check connections but the flippers work - they just do not hold, so I cannot trap the ball only a pulse. Hit the flipper and it will actuate just not hold up

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Shogun00:

Check the PPB for dip switches and make sure they are set to your game. Rottendog is known for using them on most of their boards.

There are no dip switches on the power supply board or the play field power board PPB.

The MPU is existing and I didn’t change anything from before.

#11 2 years ago

So for speed to get this working to get it out of the living room to make room for the Christmas tree…I bought another flipper board and that appears to be what solved it. I would guess a bad fuse holder on the old board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-lw3-pinball-flippers-will-not-hold-any-suggestions?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.