Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5266 (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).png
61C9AB70-A7B0-481B-9E99-B31BEFFB5572 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 months ago

I’ve got a Robocop that has no sound coming from the left speaker. I’ve checked all connections including the ribbon cable. My guess is a dead left channel amplifier. I can’t find schematics for the sound board. In this picture, which is the left speaker amplifier? 1,2 or 3?

61C9AB70-A7B0-481B-9E99-B31BEFFB5572 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 months ago

Looks to be the same as Secret Service. Left would be number 2. Get the full schematics for Secret Sevice from IPDB.com Also while looking at your pic, I noticed you have a bent pin at CN1 speaker output connector at the top. That could be your problem right there.

Untitled (resized).png

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Looks to be the same as Secret Service. Left would be number 2. Get the full schematics for Secret Sevice from IPDB.com Also while looking at your pic, I noticed you have a bent pin at CN1 speaker output connector at the top. That could be your problem right there.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned in my original post that the picture isn't my actual board. I wasn't near my machine at the time of posting to take a picture. Here is my actual sound board. I guess I'll try ordering a new amplifier chip for the left channel and see if that helps. Is there a way to test an amplifier chip to see if it's bad or not?

IMG_5266 (resized).JPG
#4 4 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned in my original post that the picture isn't my actual board. I wasn't near my machine at the time of posting to take a picture. Here is my actual sound board. I guess I'll try ordering a new amplifier chip for the left channel and see if that helps. Is there a way to test an amplifier chip to see if it's bad or not?
[quoted image]

You could examine the pins with an oscilloscope. If it isn't the amplifier IC, it could be a capacitor problem or even something else.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 24.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 18.95
$ 174.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside