image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Congrats on your purchase. The batteries have failed, corrosion on the battery holder, or has no batteries installed at all. Can you post a picture of your CPU board? I would go with NVRAM to forget about batteries since it is plug and play on this machine. https://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

#3 5 years ago

You can open the coin door and close it to get it in attract mode, if you have all 6 balls in the game, and play it even with this failure. Though, you would be going through this every time you turn on the game until you have good battery voltage or install NVRAM. If you want to stick with batteries, go with Lithium batteries, stay away from alkaline ones since they have been known to leak often and sooner than expected.

#5 5 years ago

You may get lucky to get it past the "open the door" message if you turn off and on the game fast 2 times. If not, you will have to drill the lock to open the coin door.

#6 5 years ago

It would be good if you post a picture of the CPU board for another set of eyes to be sure there is no battery corrosion.

#8 5 years ago

There are 2 solder tabs on the right side of the battery holder on the middle and bottom pins where it is soldered into the board. At least there you should be able to tell if the voltage made it to the board.

#9 5 years ago

Is the game in attract mode, as in the insert lamps are blinking throughout the playfield?

#12 5 years ago

That sounds good. Take voltage readings on the top right of the power supply..5v, 12v, and -12v.

#14 5 years ago

12 volts sounds a bit too low for not being in attract mode. Sure would like to see a picture of that power supply as well. If it is an original board, I would change the capacitors on fhe board.

#16 5 years ago

Yes. It should work fine. Seems your capacitors need to be changed on the JP power supply. Need to consider doing the same for Tommy as well in the near future too.

#18 5 years ago

Basically, the power supply from the standard size 128x32 DMD game is compatible only with those style games, which are what you have now between JP and Tommy. Large size DMD power supply will not physically at all in either of the other 2 DMD sized games.

#20 5 years ago

I am hoping t hat you can measure the 12v on the Tommy power supply before you oull it.

#32 5 years ago

This is why I like seeing pictures of boards when someone has battery leakage. Need to see how bad it is. Hopefully, only a new socket and NVRAM will take care of it, if there is no other corrosion anywhere.

#39 5 years ago

Do you have the original JP power supply in it now or the one from Tommy?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

Hi hawk when i took out that chip, the corrosion was white.
I already used white vinegar on a q tip on the socket and chip legs to help remove the corrosion. Still want a pic?
Theres not much to see.

I'm still waiting to see a picture of the MPU board.

#45 5 years ago

ChrisHibler would be happy to give you an estimate.

2 weeks later
#49 5 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

As before, after i launch a ball, the left sling fires and machine guns.

You need to adjust both switch contacts with a bit of a gap on the left slingshot.

Quoted from SPARKY70:

When i power on the game, the LEFT SCOOP (coil test 4L) locks on, and i have to power it off so i dont burn it out. There were a few times that i powered it on where it did not energize, but then it started again.
I believe the Manual says its Q43.

Pretty sure if you test the Q43 on the MPU, it would measure as a short between 2 of the legs.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

Im 99.9% sure that the first thing i did was check the 2 leafs by removing the rubber, and sticking 2 fingers between the leafs to spread the leafs apart to make sure there was no contact. It was 3 weeks ago, so there is a .1% chance that i am mistaken.

The correct way to adjust that leaf switch is bend the leaf close to the stack of the switch under the playfield. It is possible that the 2 leafs are touching under the surface of the playfield, where you have to look down into the hole the switch is sticking out of. Remember the slingshot has 2 switches and it can be either one.

Quoted from SPARKY70:

I definately did a “Quick” test of the transistor by doing a contiuity test from the tab to ground, but did not get continuity.

I normally just do an ohm test. Outer leg to outer leg, then middle leg to an outer leg and middle leg to other outer leg. You can compare to another one next to it but I would imagine you would find one of those three measurements reading under 10 ohms. A transistor can short in any of these combinations, so measuring to ground will not always find that the part is shorted.

#54 5 years ago

You can use the tab on the top of the part as that is connected to the middle pin anyway.

For the outer pins you might be able to see from the top side of the board what connects to each of the outer 2 pins. That may be easier to measure.

I usually.pull the board out anyway and measure on the backside of board since it is highly likely to be a transistor problem.

#56 5 years ago

If you swap the leads around on the 2N4401, you would likely get the .4 to .6v reading. Though, long as you didn't see a short and all of them measured the same, then they all sounds good.

You used the diode test. I was suggesting just to use the regular ohm test on the meter (horseshoe) to look for a short between a pair of legs, which you did find. Either way of testing works anyway.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from SPARKY70:

During tests, i noticed that a set of 4 flashers did not work, with all new bulbs installed. They are designated 4R.
I think that these are both controlled by Q43. Is that correct, and is it common for both L and R to fail together?
If not, could something else have caused Q43 to fail? Thanks. Sparky

Since the Q43 is shorted, it will not allow the flashers to work. So once you change the Q43, I am expecting all to be good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-jurassic-park-wont-fully-boot-up?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.