New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 263527)

Data East JP trough eject doesn’t always eject

By chubtoad13

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by chubtoad13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

21D0AD71-5F0C-4F95-8C70-4FD65048E90E (resized).jpeg
BC5E0600-C1FB-448C-B337-28EABE5E1FBC (resized).jpeg
4C005138-F5C5-4C68-BA94-CBD562580792 (resized).jpeg

#1 7 months ago

I’m having an issue with my trough eject on JP and I can’t seem to find a schematic for that assembly.
The issue is the VUK eject doesn’t always put the ball in the shooter lane. It’s about 50%. The rest of the time the ball falls back down.
I replaced the coil sleeve. Nothing seems to be mechanically binding. Does anyone has a photo of their trough coil or a schematic for the assembly? Thanks

#2 7 months ago

Here’s what my coil/trough looks like currently.

21D0AD71-5F0C-4F95-8C70-4FD65048E90E (resized).jpeg4C005138-F5C5-4C68-BA94-CBD562580792 (resized).jpegBC5E0600-C1FB-448C-B337-28EABE5E1FBC (resized).jpeg
#3 7 months ago

I may have fixed my own problem. I rotated the coil. (I didn’t think this would change anything) but I saw that coil is flipped in some DE troughs. Now it seems to be working. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

#4 7 months ago

Ok since you changed around the coil and is working that’s good but if problem returns test that drain switch in switch test using a ball not your fingers to see if it registers properly.Drain switch might need a bit of adjusting

#5 7 months ago

I did adjust that switch a lot. I’m going to get a new one regardless, since it seems to cause of a lot of trough issues.

I may have spoke too soon. The issue has happened a couple more times since my last post.

Is there a lock washer, spring washer, or something in the coil mechanism that keeps it tight? Right now the coil is assembled from top to bottom with:

-metal bracket
-Coil
-metal bracket with 2 mounting screws
-spring
-plunger
-rubber stop.

EDIT: I checked the TFTC manual and it seems to have the same ball trough. It looks like mine is assembled correctly. New switch is on order.

#6 7 months ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I did adjust that switch a lot. I’m going to get a new one regardless, since it seems to cause of a lot of trough issues.
I may have spoke too soon. The issue has happened a couple more times since my last post.
Is there a lock washer, spring washer, or something in the coil mechanism that keeps it tight? Right now the coil is assembled from top to bottom with:
-metal bracket
-Coil
-metal bracket with 2 mounting screws
-spring
-plunger
-rubber stop.
EDIT: I checked the TFTC manual and it seems to have the same ball trough. It looks like mine is assembled correctly. New switch is on order.

You have everything in correct order the problem could most likely be the drain switch is bad/faulty.The switches last for a very long time but not forever.They are good for about 1 million cycles

1 month later
#8 6 months ago

Just wanted to leave an update for anyone reading this in the future.

I replaced the drain switch, and with a little adjustment the problem is fixed.

The original still technically worked, which is why the issue was intermittent. The new switch requires less pressure to activate. Now the ball is able to push the switch closed every time.

Thanks pinmike for the help!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside