(Topic ID: 224646)

Data East/guns n roses dmd issue,rolling?

By stickler88

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gnr2 (resized).jpg
    gnr1 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

My game is driving me nuts. It seems to be from what I would call a half of a rolling screen. The game plays scores, sounds and attempts to display correctly but it's not right. I can read it enough because I know the game, I have rebuilt the power supply with Action pinball's KIT-DE-HV4. Still with the same result. My voltages at the P1 connector, I have my 5, 12 and 68 volts. The only thing that I have a question at what points do I test for the -110 and -98 voltages? I have tried several sources and if I use the ground on the connector I get -65 for the -110 and -3 for the -90. Where do I put my meter lead for a good reading or was I correct? I also have my 5 volts at CN2. I have unplugged and plugged back in all cables and ribbons and nothing improves or changes. I have switched the rom out, no change. No cold solder joints from what I can see and have tested all the power traces on the board. I would like to either comfirm or rule out a DMD before springing for that. The best way to describe it, it seems to be rolling, about the lower quarter of the dmd seems to be duplicating what would be the regular readout. It almost appears as a mirror looking image with it rolling rapidly. Any help would be appreciated, thanks to you all.

gnr1 (resized).jpggnr1 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpggnr2 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-guns-n-roses-dmd-issuerolling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.