9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chet
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Hoser:

Bingo!!!! It was J5 on the PPB! Connector did not look burnt. I cleaned/sanded the pins for now. Problem got better. Then replaced the connector ... and voila ... steady GI everywhere including the Backbox!!!
Thank you for guidance!
Now I have a new problem: After installing a missing standup target in the middle of the playfield ... I have a new weird problem. NOT NECESSARILY RELATED THOUGH. When I boot up the machine my Autolaunch AND Middle VUK coils fire repeatedly.
NOW GET THIS: When I lower the playfield back into its playable position ... the problem goes away. When I lift it back up to inspect it ... the problem returns.
Ha ... I'm sure I'll find the problem soon. Just thought I would share this funny/quirky behavior.
Anywho ... thanks again for the help with J5!

I would
pull that board and check the J5 header pins for cold cracked solder joints and reflow them. Your insert panel lights might work for a while but when things heat up they may go out again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals
Toppers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-gi-fun?tu=chet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.