5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190420_152333 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Just picked up my first data east pin star wars. When checking to make sure the fuses where correct one of the clips on the flipper board fell apart. I have new clips, just wondering if this is a stright forward solder job or if there is anything special I should look out for when doing the replacment.
    Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

Straight forward. DE clips are known to be weak. Wouldn't hurt to replace them all while you have the board out if you're inclined.

#3 5 years ago

Just did all of them on my Baywatch yesterday.

a few things to note:
    take the fuse out before desoldering, it acts like a heatsink
    solder the new ones with the fuse clipped in, so they'll have proper alignment
    it looks like the tabs are bent after being put through, so you may need to do some prying to get them to come out even after the solder is gone

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

it looks like the tabs are bent after being put through, so you may need to do some prying to get them to come out even after the solder is gone

I thought I read somewhere that the fuse is connected to both the top and bottom of these boards.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I thought I read somewhere that the fuse is connected to both the top and bottom of these boards.

Not sure about SW, but I have replaced them on a Baywatch power supply and they were only soldered on the rear of the board.

#6 5 years ago

Make sure you have the proper amperage fuse clips. GPE offers two amperage ratings.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Only through the magic of solder wicking through the hole.
    Regardless, you need to get as much solder out first to avoid tearing the mounts up. Ideally it you can cut it in half that would make it easier then you can wiggle the top while heating the bottom and worry about getting the solder out of the hole after the hosed clip is out.

#8 4 years ago

These are the ones I bought at my local electronic store. Will thses work?

20190420_152333 (resized).jpg20190420_152333 (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago

Russell (Seneca) doesn't give any information regarding the current rating of these - so assume they are tin plated brass. Should be ok to use them for fuse locations that are 10 amps or less.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-fuse-clips?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.