Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

#1 9 years ago

My friend just picked up a Rocky and Bullwinkle and it is having a strange ball launch issue. When the ball is in the shooter lane you can press either the right flipper button or left flipper button and it will launch the ball and automatically say you missed the skill shot. You can still use the ball launch button as well.

Any help is appreciated!

#2 9 years ago

bump

#3 9 years ago

I think it is a setting. When I got my Gn'R, the plunger wasn't working, and I was able to launch the ball with the flipper until I got it fixed.

#4 9 years ago

I thought it was when you hit both flippers at once that it launches the ball. Plus I think you can turn that option on or off in settings.

Mike

#5 9 years ago

When you hit either flipper the ball launches, so it looks like it isn't a menu setting (unfortunately). Any ideas?

#6 9 years ago

The right/left eos switches are in the same column as the launch button so it could be a switch matrix problem. Go into switch test and see if more than one switch indicates closed when either eos switch is closed.

Any work done on the game prior to the problem arising?

#7 9 years ago

I will have him take a look this evening, thanks!

He just bought the game yesterday, and the previous owner said they didn't do any work on it.

#8 9 years ago

read the title and immediately thought switch matrix. that's where i'd start

#9 9 years ago

Since you're passing on the info. If more than one switch shows closed when the eos switches are closed then remove all the balls from the game and repeat the test. If that works then add the balls back one at a time, doing a test after each ball.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from terryb:

Since you're passing on the info. If more than one switch shows closed when the eos switches are closed then remove all the balls from the game and repeat the test. If that works then add the balls back one at a time, doing a test after each ball.

Will do, thanks! I will report back with my findings

#11 9 years ago

I agree switch matrix all the way.... check the switch test and any others that show up as bad check all the switches in the row or column they belong too. Could have a short or bad diode... Sometimes games are spooky. As terryb and I found out ... lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.50
$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,900 (OBO)
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-flippers-launch-ball-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.