Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Left flipper on last action hero seemed to be losing power during multiball and was fluttering a bit and then stopped working altogether. Upon closer examination it seems that the low power works as it will stay up when I hit the button and lift it up, but won't go up on it's own. All fuses on the flipper board test out ok. If the flipper seems to be working on low power, is it safe to assume that the problem is with the flipper board? I'm going to try to work on it this weekend, but if anyone has any suggestions of where to look for a problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

Poor solder joint or broken wire at the coil lug ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Poor solder joint or broken wire at the coil lug ?

I guess I'm confused...with only the two coil lugs on data east, if the 9V is working, then doesn't that mean the connection is good? Sorry, first time dealing with a problem with data east flippers, I was surprised to see that the coils didn't have the usual 3 lugs, so I'm just catching up....

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from resipsa:

I guess I'm confused.

My mistake. Sorry to confuse you.

#5 1 year ago

Check your end of stroke switch on that flipper make sure the contacts are clean and making good contact. That is the most common problem with data east flippers

#6 1 year ago

Reflow the print header pins at the SSFB (Solid State Flipper Board).
Located at the left side in the cabinet.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from MagicSmoke:

Check your end of stroke switch on that flipper make sure the contacts are clean and making good contact. That is the most common problem with data east flippers

This is what I run into the most often.

#8 1 year ago

Had the same issue on mine during Expo and i simply tied the 2 eos wires together
. IIRC the eos is just used as a sense to let the game know flipper is in down posistion.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

My mistake. Sorry to confuse you.

No worries...hope I didn't come off as a jerk as I really appreciate all the help you've provided me over the years.

#10 1 year ago

You guys were exactly right on the EOS switch. Thanks!

Somehow I always seem to miss obvious stuff like that and jump right to it being a much more serious problem.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from resipsa:

hope I didn't come off as a jerk

Not at all. I was wrong and you help others now, and in the future.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside