Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Data east robocop. I cant get it to boot up. When it powers on the blanking, 5v and pia leds light immediately. Then a split second later the pia led turns off then back on... and all 3 stay on until I power the game off. I really dont know where to start looking for the problem and im not ready to spend the money for a new cpu board.
the cpu has 5v

#2 10 years ago

PIA LED/Suspect Component/Location

Stays On/One of the 6821 PIAs/various
Flashes 1 Time/6064 RAM/ D5
Flashes 2 Times/EPROM /B5
Flashes 3 Times /EPROM /C5

From your information, it sounds to me like one flash, this chart says 6064 RAM would be a suspect. From other information I have found online, the suggestion is to install a test ROM for diagnosis.

Perhaps another Pinsider knows more or has experience with this problem, please stand by.

#3 10 years ago

I had a similar issue recently with a MPU that I know was working 100% for years. It ended up being the batteries. Data East MPUs seem to have a hard time booting if the voltage being supplied by the batteries is between 1.5 and 2.5 volts. Can you test on the board to see how much voltage you have where the battery holder connects to the PCB? (It's to the right on the holder)

Also, you could remove the batteries completely and quickly flip the game ON-OFF-ON within 1 second to see if that gets it to boot. DE MPUs work just like System 11's... Just keep repeating it over and over in your head... DE MPUs work like System 11's, DE's work like System 11's.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-cpu-problems-please-help?hl=alistaircg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.