6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikat11
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PINBALL-LUST.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I got a Phantom of the Opera with a burnt CN1 connector on the power supply board. My question is: If I replace that connector and the pins, etc. will that fix my power board issue of game randomly restarting? I mean, what caused it to burn? Will something else cause the new parts to also burn? Should anything else be replaced when that happens? All fuses are good on the DMD. Thanks

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's for GI lighting, fixing it will fix GI lights that aren't lit. Not cure a reset issue.
If it's GI, they typically burn from too much current going through them. Higher than what they are rated for. Not your fault, manufacturing defect, by many manufacturers.
In home use, it probably won't burn again. If you do a good job replacing connector and pins on the board.
LTG : )

Thanks @LTG. I am using all LED lights in the game now and don't suspect it's a high GI current problem. Does this change anything? Thanks

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

CN1 on the power supply has nothing to do with GI. It is for several very important systems including logic power, solenoid power and display power. I would replace header pins and connector. It might fix the resetting. Also see:
http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/desega/index2.htm#reset

Got it. Thanks wayout440

#7 6 years ago

Thanks.. I saw that Great Plains Electronics is currently down due to illness. I hope that guy makes a full recovery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PINBALL-LUST.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-cn1-burnt-help?tu=PINBALL-LUST and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.