You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

21 (resized).jpg
20240402_2002042 (resized).jpg
#1 21 days ago

Hi folks!
I am happy to announce that after many years we, owners of Checkpoint, finally have a real replacement for the original fluorescent colored drop targets. I want to create a post to highlight just how good these are. If you have seen a restored checkpoint game, you probably have seen all kinds of drop targets on them ranging from red, yellow, Porsche crests, Harley Davidson twin cam, to even just blank. NONE of these are original! This is because the originals are a fluorescent color that has been notoriously difficult to reproduce. I sent ClassicArcades an original target and after alot of effort, he was able to perfectly match them. He used a special screen printing process because a regular printer can't do true fluorescent. It is difficult to capture fluorescent well on my phone but you can see how the new ClassicArcades targets closely matches the original targets compared to the dark red targets which are available to other vendors. If you are a checkpoint owner I advise you reach out to ClassicArcades and pick up some spare drop targets/decals ASAP since no others on the market match the originals. I have bought them all and he is the ONLY one that has reproductions true to the original fluorescent targets.

20240402_2002042 (resized).jpg20240402_2002042 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg
#2 19 days ago

It was my pleasure working with you to get these made. There is not other way to make these look like the original on any printer. They have to be screen printed with flourescent inks. The process was very expensive to have these made but if you want your game to look perfect and original then these are for you... Apply these flourescent decals to a set of new targets and your game will thank you

ebay.com link: itm

Jeff
Classic Arcades Inc.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-checkpoint-original-style-fluorescent-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.