New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 128123)

Data east bumper adjustment

By joekiss

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by EEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Working on both LW3 and TFTC. On both top 2 bumpers work pretty well on both the bottom one is very sluggish. Ball has to hit just right. I took off the switches and spoons and cleaned them up on all. seemed to help a bunch. Are DE bumpers just not as strong as BW?? Any way to make them just crank?? Thanks in advance!!!

#2 5 years ago

I replaced the spoons and springs with Williams springs and spoons when I rebuilt my Jurassic park. that helped quite a bit with the bumper action. They are still sluggish compared to Williams bumpers of the same period and definitely more so that modern Sterns. Make sure the big ass blue plastic bumper body assembly is tight and not cracked where it is fastened to the playfield. I left the coils as is.

#3 5 years ago

I agree with Chet about checking the blue housings? I have found that they are brittle and crack.

The pops can be dialed into a point where they work pretty well, but not quite to a B/W level, or to even that of newer Sterns.

Is it possible to slightly lower the height of the actual pop bumper ring so that it has a shorter up/down travel?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 32.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 64.00
$ 15.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside