46255426_1423586177777709_2425389519772581888_n (resized).jpg
20180813_202544 (resized).jpg
IMG_2282 (resized).JPG
C4639064-6AF5-4091-9CD3-CB591D1E8154 (resized).png
EDC08E29-082D-4F23-98A8-99D426EFDF88 (resized).jpeg
20180727_215703 (resized).jpg
20180714_130432 (resized).jpg
20180716_211200 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Well, I did it. I bought a roached DE batman. My PF look like everyone elses' which is no surprise really. Before I started tearing down I had to see if I could do anything about it. I did some digging and managed to find some images and scans that were not too terrible. I sent them off to a graphic designer to work on them for me, and he is very confident that he can make a very usable image for me to print an overlay. So I decided a total resto is in order.

This will take some time and get worked on whenever I have a spare minute. So far I have the PF stripped and got one round of sanding in this evening. Still needs more work to get the PF clear of paint and mylar. I have a list of parts to order, and when I have a few extra bucks I'll order some cab decals from retro refurbs.

I'm planning on making decals for a few things, so when I get the scans done I'll post them all up for people to use. Specifically the joker ramp as my decals are great.

Anyhow here are a few pics of where I'm at with the PF stripping.

Cheers

20180714_130432 (resized).jpg20180714_130432 (resized).jpg20180716_211200 (resized).jpg20180716_211200 (resized).jpg20180727_215703 (resized).jpg20180727_215703 (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

Thanks guys

Gonna be a long project, but totally worth it. This game has always been very high on my list to own. Restoration is going to be super fun! It's part of what makes this hobby so great for me!

Cheers
Greg

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from romainmp:

Good luck guy.
Here's a thread of a complete PF restoration done by @f-2niro (it's in french but it's a good pictures bank): https://www.flipjuke.fr/sauvetage-plateau-batman-data-east-t122195.html

I've seen this before. That guy has unbelieveable talent. Much more than me haha. I'm just really hoping my graphic artist can make something happen so i can at least get a useable overlay or something for it.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Following to watch this progress, genuinely wish you the luck, can’t wait to see how this progresses and your end results.

Thanks so much! Im super determined for this project. Before i started stripping, i did the work to get it playing at least. So i have good bones to start with.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from ContraForce:

Awesome! Just bought my first pin, Batman!!! A little discouraged I can’t find replacement ramps, how are yours? I’ll be following your progress, looking forward to it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Luckily my ramps are good. One of the new replacement badcaves came with my game so im good there too! Those are worth it if yours is cracked up.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from romainmp:

Yes they're very talented (he works with his wife, she's the artist). But at the end of the topic there's another pictures from someone else less talented but he'd good result too.
One more time, good luck, I'm following the thread, expect some good news soon.

Thanks! I hope for some good news soon myself!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from newy16216:

Photo of overlay I did on my batman , good luck my friend a lot of work , also I am interested to see what you come up with for the ramp decals
[quoted image]

That looks amazing! great work on that!

#22 5 years ago

Not a huge update, but i got a few hours in last night and finally got all the artwork off the pf. There is 4 raised interts to deal with and a couple sunk one I'll get leveled out hopefully this weekend.

Good news though! I got some artwork sorted out this week, so if all goes well, ill have a printed tester overlay by the weekend.

Todays goal is getting my joker ramp decals scanned and cleaned up. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be sold out of the repo ramps, so im not sure what ill do there yet. If anyone has a spare joker ramp they would part with, ill happily buy it off ya.

20180813_202544 (resized).jpg20180813_202544 (resized).jpg
#23 5 years ago

So I got my joker ramp decals scanned. They're complete, but a little rough (color) I'll link them here if any photoshop whizzes want to take a crack at it. I'm hiring a local GD to go over my personal set, then I'll create some new waterslides for whatever I can find for a half decent ramp. I might try to repair mine for now wheile a search for one of the repos. Hope this helps someone out. I scanned them at 600DPI, so they should be good enough to work with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qryoujbuzkwolam/Joker%20Ramp%202.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3vrx9n8u05lbpp/Joker%20Ramp%201.jpg?dl=0

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from leedog:

Hey gregh i'm just about to take on the same project. Wonder if you could help me out with a few things since you've got yours all pulled apart.....whats the 5 lamp pcb at the top rear of the playfield look like (skill shot etc) and can you take a snap of the auto ball launcher setup cause i cant find any picks of them. Much appreciated

Sure thing!I'll be at my workshop this evening and can snap some pics for ya!

1 week later
#27 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Great thread. Hoping to join the Batman club one of these days. Saw a beautiful example of this game in Uruguay of all places in 2015. Best of luck with your project, my fellow Canadian.

Thanks man, I haven't had much time the last couple of weeks to touch it unfortunately. But I'm planning on getting a test print for the overlay done next week and make sure it all lines up. Then it should go much faster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-batman?tu=gregh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.