4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mikat11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Ball launch coil sucked on and burnt up. Replaced Q5 D4 and 12 and R4 on the PPB. Turned on with same problem. Question I have is why do the new coils have the diodes on them reversed from the originals? So going by the diode band yellow/violet and violet/yellow on the non banded side even though those positions are reversed on the original coil as the original diode is reversed as well. Turned back on for a split second and coil sucked on. Q43 on the CPU swap? any other suggestions? Thanks!
    Forgot to add. After the PPB was re-built with those parts and the same problem I sent the boards out to be checked and repaired. Came back with a note saying to replace the ball launch coil or the boards will be damaged again. Had to since original was toast. Same problem. So am I back to re-building the PPB again and the transistor on the CPU?

#2 4 years ago

It doesn't matter which way the diode is positioned on the coil. What does matter is the wire that carries the voltage to the coil is attached to the banded side of the diode. The other wire is the ground return that is connected to the transistor and other components on the PPB.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-batman-problem?hl=mikat11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.