4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

735D225A-87EA-49AF-8590-8637DF8AC5B4 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hi all! I bought my first pinball machine yesterday after years of wanting one! I got a great deal on the Data East Batman from 1991 and have an issue that I am stuck on and can’t find any answers. The display was working fine when I got it setup but now it is stuck with the same wording. See the pic attached. Any suggestions on what I can do? I have the manual but it is all Greek to me. Any help is welcome! Thanks!

735D225A-87EA-49AF-8590-8637DF8AC5B4 (resized).jpeg735D225A-87EA-49AF-8590-8637DF8AC5B4 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

Take off the backglass, there is a ribbon cable on the back of the display that goes to the CPU board.
Reseat both ends of that cable.

#3 4 years ago

Congrats!! I hope to get one in the future. I agree with what kba78 stated.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks to you both! I fixed it! It was a little lose and I snapped it back together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apex, NC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-batman-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.