Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mikat11
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 6 years ago

I just bought my first Data east pin, Rocky and Bullwinkle (until now my extensive pin experience has been system 11 and 80B). It's not gonna be here for a couple weeks however I'm already collaborating a parts list and wasn't sure if Data east games require non-ghosting LEDs or if i can cheap out and get the regular ones.

#2 6 years ago

Yes they do, my lw3 was ghosting at almost every led but was ok once I installed non ghosting leds.

#3 6 years ago

Non ghosting leds work great in mine except for color changers. For some reason non ghosting color changers fade a bit on my Simpsons.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks guys!

#5 6 years ago

My Tftc has a mix of led's and the non ghosting are great. The cheaper ones are definitely ghosting.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

Yes they do, my lw3 was ghosting at almost every led but was ok once I installed non ghosting leds.

I was looking to swap to LEDs soon on my LW3 and was going to bulk order a buncha white for my good'nuff approach. Ghosting woulda sucked, so thanks for the heads up!

Any pics?

#7 6 years ago

I'll see if I can find some time for that tonight.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I was looking to swap to LEDs soon on my LW3 and was going to bulk order a buncha white for my good'nuff approach. Ghosting woulda sucked, so thanks for the heads up!

Watch out with to bright white leds at the inserts above the flippers, I changed to colored ones there because they were to bright and distracting.

#9 6 years ago

The best solution by far is an LED OCD board. It allows you to install regular LEDs and have them act more like incandescents. No more ghosting, flickering, etc ... The best part is that each controlled lamp can be individually customized through the software. This allows you to tweak the fading characteristics and brightness of each LED to your heart's content ...

http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=23

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The best solution by far is an LED OCD board. It allows you to install regular LEDs and have them act more like incandescents. No more ghosting, flickering, etc ... The best part is that each controlled lamp can be individually customized through the software. This allows you to tweak the fading characteristics and brightness of each LED to your heart's content ...
http://ledocd.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=23

Yes, this!
Even if you use non-ghosting leds, you can still get flickering on some insert lamps when others are lit during game modes.
Get the led ocd board it takes care of the issues. Use in conjunction with regular leds.

#11 6 years ago

I use Comet Pinball 1 SMD 50 50 leds on my LW3 with no ghosting or flicker issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
PinSound

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-and-led-ghosting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.