(Topic ID: 219245)

Data East 5047-00 Rev C - High Voltage Values too high?

By crazi

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi

I'm checking a PSU board for a friend (long distance) so I don't have a proper DE game to check it in. His is a TMNT and I have a LAH. So I can connect voltage inputs (CN1 & CN2) and do output checks only. So:

1) I have fixed the 5v issues and now reading 4.98v
    2) 12v +&- circuit is fine giving +13.65 and -13.60v

The High Output section has been previously tampered with. Checked all components and they measure fine. Resoldered a few suspicious dry joints. Output voltages are a bit strange though.

CN5

Pin 1 Ground - Tick
    Pin 2 -98VDC (I get -114.6v) Suspicious
    Pin 3 -110VDC (I get -127.5v) Suspicious
    Pin 4 +68VDC (I get 70v) Tick
    Pin 5 +12 VDC (I get +12v) Tick
    Pin 6 +5 VDC (I got +4.98v) Tick
    Pin 7 key - Tick

My input voltage on CN1-9 is 117vac

So all is fine except a suspicious Pin 2 & 3. They are both about 17v too high.

As mentioned tests are being done with no load connected (no displays connected or other PCB's).

So my question is:

1) Are these too high and would possibly damage the display boards when attached? If so what is the probable cause?
    or
    2) Are these two voltages within range and will work fine?

Thanks
    Crazi

#3 5 years ago

The DMD schematic shows high voltage in as -120v. If that's the case my unloaded -125v to -127v from the PSU may be fine. And it shows the other high voltage as -108v where mine is -114v so again should be in tolerance. I think this board is now fine but would love for anyone whose got a Hook or TMNT etc who could do a quick voltage reading on your PSU High voltages?

#5 5 years ago

Yes it's a 1N5379B and seems to be testing fine on the DMM. Weird...

#6 5 years ago

Just for info. I modified the #00 in to my LAH #02 (CN7 is different) and turned on. Everything working 100% in attract mode. So the higher voltages are fine as they are in line with the DMD tolerance input voltages.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-5047-00-rev-c-high-voltage-values-too-high?tu=crazi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.