Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MAJRob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a phantom of the opera 16 digit displays, they work fine when cold, after warm up the characters go dim and flicker, I changed out the 39k ohm reisistors on the 100 volt side on the power supply, no change, when monitoring the -100 volts, it fluctuated from 80 to 110 volts depending on how many letters are on. I am planning on changing out the 2 zener diodes d6 and d8 . question is would the diodes cause this voltage fluctuation, I am thinking my displays are good, voltage bad
Just looking for some guidance on this one, hoping I am heading in the right direction
Thanks guys

#2 9 years ago

I had the same issue with my Monday Night Football. I ended up buying a new display from little shop of games and all is well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 18.95
3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-east-16-digit-display-voltage-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.