(Topic ID: 245731)

Data bus corrupting when pulled up to 5v

By Nusilor

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
    #1 4 years ago

williams flash sys 6. Currently have only thing in, leons rom. The only other thing connected to the data bus is ic18 pia display, buffers are jumperd(and the rom). The problem occurs when any line on the data bus is pulled up to 5v through a 4.7k resistor. Ill investigate further, but any help would be great
    Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#2 4 years ago

i can't tell if what you are saying the data bus is shorted to ground or not, but i would start removing things until i find the short in the bus, these boards are not complicated or very complex

i guess verify the 6800 cpu is good for starters (if thats what it uses - i don't remember off the top of me head 6800 or 6802/8)

#3 4 years ago

No short to ground. Just corrupted data. As i said everything is removed, and the issue still happens. There is literally nothing left that could be causing this.

#4 4 years ago

Cpu seems fine even tried a new one

#5 4 years ago

so, no signs of acid damaged traces or sockets & leons test rom does not run/boot ?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/data-bus-corrupting-when-pulled-up-to-5v and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.