(Topic ID: 212913)

Dart Machine Official Fan Club- Show us your Darts setup!

By Khabbi

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230920_152744 (resized).jpg
IMG_2736 (resized).jpeg
6300DipSettings (resized).png
6300BullSettings (resized).png
E4BB3662-70E9-4A0C-ADE3-25205DF55F66 (resized).jpeg
63AA1EB3-55C9-4E1D-ADA9-03EA1245F647 (resized).jpeg
20211111_145005 (resized).jpg
20210731_081141 (resized).jpg
20210225_170332 (resized).jpg
20210409_203258 (resized).jpg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpg
IMG_1487 (resized).jpg
B9252F89-14DD-4195-BBB1-E3BC99DE63CD (resized).jpeg
5CB8DD2A-97D1-4F5D-9DC0-75EE7AAD9687 (resized).jpeg
994E9163-1131-41AB-8302-E8A3666E6FB9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
medalist spectrum darts (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 5 years ago

For those of you that have experience with the Gran Board 3, I'm curious to know your thoughts. I'm very intrigued by this company that makes custom cabinets for them ...

https://landofozarcades.com/wizard-dartboards/

Wizard Dart Board (resized).jpgWizard Dart Board (resized).jpg
2 years later
#77 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Yes, the G3 Plus models are around $4300 to $5300 depending on shipping/configuration:
$4375
+ $500 shipping
+ optional bill acceptor $425
I ordered from Birmingham Vending, super fast communication and delivery (considering it was over the holidays). They drop ship them directly from Arachnid brand NIB.
https://www.bhmvending.com/Amusements/Arachnid/galaxy3_fire.html

So far, I'm liking it a lot. I'm familiar with the Arachnid Galaxy OS system, but I'm still exploring some of the new features/games. The 15" board is the black/red segments and I prefer the international colors, so I ordered an international segment kit from Suzo Happ. I also ordered a TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 Dual Band Wireless PCIe Network Interface Card to maybe explore some online play, but it's probably going to not work because Arachnid is particular about allowing online play unless your an operator.

There are two different sized boards on the G3 Plus and G3 Plus Fire. One is a 15" target and the other is a smaller 13" target.
The G3 and G3 Live have a 19" monitor and a two 15"/13" targets that you have to manually swap between. No 'flip games' are included with those versions. The G3 Plus models come with a 24" monitor, the switching between the 15"/13" targets is automatic (or manual) and therefore, there are 'new' flip games included w/ that model. I was really in between getting the standard black cabinet G3 Plus and the G3 Fire Plus. They are the same machine w/ the exception that the Fire has LEDs inside that allow the cabinet to hypnotically glow red. NOTE: If you find the glowing red LEDs in the cabinet obnoxious/distracting, you can turn them off in the settings (as well as other LED brightness/color options).
I will probably get around to posting a review/video on my YouTube channel later in the week. There just isn't a whole lot of info on the Arachnid Galaxy 3 machines on YouTube right now.
History:
Arachnid has been making electronic dartboards since the 1970's. Arachnid is the main company. Spider360 is the sister company of Arachnid and both companies are made in Loves Park, IL. Over the years, Arachnid made several models of dartboards called, Galaxy. Normally, you'd see Galaxy across the marquee. They made a Galaxy, Galaxy II, Galaxy II.5, and then eventually the Galaxy 3. The Galaxy 3 was the latest version of dartboard that Arachnid was making prior to the new Spider360 models. The Galaxy 3 models are VERY common in bars and venues today.
To take it a step further, a lot of the Galaxy 3's that you see in venus have a marquee that say, 'Bullshooter' across the top. Bullshooter is also part of Arachnid. Technically, Bullshooter is a software program that is licensed through Arachnid. Bullshooter is an online, web-based program that you can play tournaments online with other people around the world. With a properly configured G3, you can find various tournaments online around the world going on at various times/days and participate in them. The Bullshooter version is primarliy designed for commercial use, but if you want to use the Bullshooter tournament play online at home, then you have to pay around $100/year in order to fascilitate the fees required for licensing.
Arachnid is now producing two scaled back versions of the Arachnid G3 called the Spider360 (designed for home use).
The Spider360 just came out in November 2019. That version is the newest, latest, and greatest version of the G3, but its designed for home use only. The Spider360 has a 4-tier-level (cheater) AI player, called 'Mark' that you can play against (similar to the Valley AI named, Ernie).
The Spider360 -1000 and the -2000 models do NOT have coin doors because they are desinged for home use only. The -2000 has LED strips that light up the dartboard face as well as in the marquee. The model -1000 does not have those features. The -2000 does not have all the bells/whistles that the bar-style venue G3 Plus has, but it does have a live camera (both on the player and dartboard face). Both the -1000 and the -2000 have a way to play in online leaderboards. It connects via Wifi. Online play is free for the first 3 months and then after that it's $1.99/month for the -1000 and (I believe) $2.99/month on the -2000. 'Leaderboard' is very similar to 'Bullshooter' minus some of the features. With Leaderboard, it allows you to compete against other people who own Spider360 dartboads in their homes and it will show you your ranking amongst people with the same model dartboard.
The Spider360 2000 is around $3500.

Great information!

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage of the commercial models vs. the 360 models in a home environment? Are there any games you can't play on the 360? Are the boards themselves the same quality?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/darts-official-fan-club-show-us-your-dart-machine-or-setup?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.