(Topic ID: 212913)

Dart Machine Official Fan Club- Show us your Darts setup!

By Khabbi

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 67 days ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190210_125841 (resized).jpg
IMG_9402 (resized).jpg
3041F9D3-CCCE-4D32-BBF5-8B153F767885 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
Wizard Dart Board (resized).jpg
2FD6DF76-8CE9-456A-9FD1-C5EB018EF380 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2271 (resized).jpg
0111191859 (resized).jpg
IMG_1024 (resized).jpg
IMG_1076 (resized).jpg
s-l1uhu600 (resized).jpg
20180713_152406 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1516785845238 (resized).jpg
$_59.JPG.jpg
20170325_182052 (resized).jpg
20170319_161552 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I've been collecting classic 80's arcade and pinball machines on and off now for 16 years, and about 10 years ago really started my home arcade. After all this time, I started to look for something a little different to add.. I have been a big fan of the Super Chexx and it's usually a big hit at my place when I have company, so I know that sometimes having something different than pinball or classic arcades can be a nice addition.

I'm not sure how I really became interested in Darts or a Dartboard, as I hadn't played darts in probably over 20 years, but in looking through arcade photo's and videos, I saw that some had a dartboard and it peaked my interest. So recently, I put my search out for a machine and found a Scorpion DX 9000... it has me totally addicted. In the 2 weeks I've had it, I've had friends and family over to play it and have played so much that my arm started hurting (sucks getting old, eh?).

I must say that it has very much been a surprising addition to the arcade and it gets a ton of attention in addition to the pins, arcade machines, and bubble hockey. Wish I would have done it sooner, and now I want to keep moving forward with getting a better machine, playing local tourney's, etc., and just having some fun with it.

So lets see your dart machines and hear your story on them... share whatever you would like, whether it be a basic dartboard or a Galaxy G3! Seems to be dozens of variations of these out there.

The other picture is of the English Mark Dart Machine that was given to me from my neighbor, at first he wouldn't let it go but then decided he didn't want it anymore. It's a cool machine that dates back to 1984.. I ended up passing it on to another local arcade collector and kept my Scorpion.

IMG_1222 (resized).jpg
IMG_1213 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Dartslive is very popular around here... a local place down the road has about 10 machines lined up, along with a bunch of pool tables.

I personally prefer the Arachnid Galaxy 3 machines where you can find them, however, and they seem to be the go-to home machines for the serious players.

o (resized).jpg

#3 1 year ago

I have the Gran Board 2 online board in my game room. Hooks up to your cell phone/TV for display.

Not sure how to embed a picture from my website, let me try it here:

http://gameroominfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Gran-Board-2-Dart-Board.jpg

EDIT: Ack, it won't embed, the whole article is here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/12/29/gran-board-2-online-dart-board-review/

#4 1 year ago

I run soft tip and steel tip leagues and tournaments here. Radikal for the win!

FB_IMG_1521920399318 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1521920372838 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1521920387706 (resized).jpg

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I run soft tip and steel tip leagues and tournaments here. Radikal for the win!

Wow that's awesome! I've never seen a radikal machine before. Do those run on dartslive?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I have the Gran Board 2 online board in my game room. Hooks up to your cell phone/TV for display.
Not sure how to embed a picture from my website, let me try it here:
http://gameroominfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Gran-Board-2-Dart-Board.jpg
EDIT: Ack, it won't embed, the whole article is here:
http://gameroominfo.com/2017/12/29/gran-board-2-online-dart-board-review/

I was looking at these and it appears they are no longer being imported into the united states? But what an awesome way to have on-screen scoring in a casual setup. If I didn't have a Scorpion machine and wanted a smaller setup, this would be the way to go! Just have to import them now, and it looks like one is going to set you back $400 which is a little high IMO.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Wow that's awesome! I've never seen a radikal machine before. Do those run on dartslive?

Nope. They have their own proprietary software.

Check out their player site: eng.radikalplayers.com

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

So lets see your dart machines and hear your story on them... share whatever you would like, whether it be a basic dartboard or a Galaxy G3! Seems to be dozens of variations of these out there.

Thanks for the invite to the group.
I just replaced my original Valley Cougar FM. A friend asked if I wanted it for free about 3 years ago and the only place I had for it was in the unfinished basement.
20141203_143341 (resized).jpg
About a month ago, someone had some Valley Cougar HBs on Craigslist, so I figured it was maybe a good time to get an updated model. So I contacted the friend that gave me the FM and asked if he would like to have it back. He (more so his 2 sons) was very happy to be get it back, so it has returned to its home.
The HB works fine, but was in a little rougher shape than the pictures of the seller. I have already replaced the T molding around the dartboard hole as well as the entire dartboard spider and segments and the 4 segments of the catch ring.
pasted_image (resized).png
So it now sits where the original once stood. Though I don't seem to have a picture of it
game room feb2018 (resized).jpg
Then there is the "clubhouse" where my PGA Tour Team Challenge (online) presides.
pasted_image (resized).png

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I was looking at these and it appears they are no longer being imported into the united states? But what an awesome way to have on-screen scoring in a casual setup. If I didn't have a Scorpion machine and wanted a smaller setup, this would be the way to go! Just have to import them now, and it looks like one is going to set you back $400 which is a little high IMO.

I don't know exactly what is going on with them. Ever since Christmas they've been MIA on ebay and Amazon. They clearly have a winner but can't get them shipped out for some reason. The smaller Gran board is still available, so it's not like the whole company is gone or having import issues, it appears to be just the one product.

1 month later
#10 11 months ago

Had an Arachnid. Miss it so much.

6 months later
#11 5 months ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I just found the Gran Board 3 which is the latest generation of the Gran Board line. My brother (850 miles away) and I each recently picked one up and have started playing online. It works very well and is a very solid board. They were hard to find earlier this year when they were switching from gen 2 to gen 3.

https://www.dartbrokers.com/GRAN-BOARD-3-GRAN3.htm

#12 5 months ago

Basket case Arachnid 6300 conversion in progress.

3BA8ED33-F9D2-4DDF-9BEB-F8EB5B3C640F (resized).jpeg
#13 5 months ago

Just picked this up, 1 owner since new!

1896C567-E5A8-4080-A42F-00ACE8DEA756 (resized).jpeg6B22E20B-7C2E-495F-A00D-8DD7BD3A7678 (resized).jpegA77D8FDD-1451-46DD-B49A-5F080CE5EBE2 (resized).jpegAEEB26DC-C76F-4FED-AF0B-261562E92493 (resized).jpeg
#14 5 months ago

The pictures are from before the walls went up.

20170319_161552 (resized).jpg20170325_182052 (resized).jpg
#15 5 months ago

There's a Pro Dart for sale on a localish buy and sell. Any idea of ballpark value? Has 2 sets of darts included. Seller said he's open to offers. Sorry about sideways pic

$_59.JPG.jpg

#16 5 months ago

I love these. This is all I use!

FB_IMG_1516785845238 (resized).jpg
#17 5 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

There's a Pro Dart for sale on a localish buy and sell. Any idea of ballpark value? Has 2 sets of darts included. Seller said he's open to offers. Sorry about sideways pic
[quoted image]

I can't help you with that specific board but working basic boards (early Arachnid B/W, etc) around here can be had for $150-300. The asking price for some of the newer Valley boards seem to go for a little more $500-600. Then again, some can be had for nothing if you look/wait long enough.

#18 5 months ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I can't help you with that specific board but working basic boards (early Arachnid B/W, etc) around here can be had for $150-300. The asking price for some of the newer Valley boards seem to go for a little more $500-600. Then again, some can be had for nothing if you look/wait long enough.

Thanks. The seller is asking $600 cdn but open to offers. I was thinking half of that as a fair offer. If not, I'll wait for something else.

#19 5 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Just picked this up, 1 owner since new!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

mine is for sale if anybody is looking, 1 owner huo its whole life.

#20 5 months ago

Really like my English Mark Darts 5000!

... but it doesn't play Cricket. Hope to get a 6300 as well.

Btw, one of my EMD 5000 has dart-recognition issues. Hope swapping some 2N4400's will fix.

20180713_152406 (resized).jpg

Hey! Does anyone have a kit???

s-l1uhu600 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#21 3 months ago

My current Dart Machine setup, a G3 Live Fire unit:
IMG_1076 (resized).jpg

Prior to that, I had a G3 unit :

IMG_1024 (resized).jpg
#22 3 months ago

Pulled all my boards out of bars. Opened a dart hall...

0111191859 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#23 86 days ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I love these. This is all I use!
[quoted image]

What are these machines? I am looking at galaxys right now but want to do my homework on these as well.

#24 86 days ago

I recently bought a Cougar 8 which is my favorite board. I am trying to get my 18 your old son hooked and it's working. The other night he did this.

IMG_2271 (resized).jpg
#25 80 days ago

I love the look of the G3 fire but I called the manufacturer and they said they do not sell the units to individuals. Look for any info? Can you set it for free play if I can find one? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

#26 80 days ago

I spent more on the wall to compliment the machine than I did on my machine! But I refurbished it myself. I’m actually having a guys dart night soon.

2FD6DF76-8CE9-456A-9FD1-C5EB018EF380 (resized).jpeg

#27 80 days ago

For those of you that have experience with the Gran Board 3, I'm curious to know your thoughts. I'm very intrigued by this company that makes custom cabinets for them ...

https://landofozarcades.com/wizard-dartboards/

Wizard Dart Board (resized).jpg
#28 79 days ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I spent more on the wall to compliment the machine than I did on my machine! But I refurbished it myself. I’m actually having a guys dart night soon.
[quoted image]

That's the dart machine I want to upgrade to. What do you think of the games? I've only seen videos of this in action and I do like the color screen and interesting games it has. What's the height of it with the screen mounted up top?

#29 78 days ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

My current Dart Machine setup, a G3 Live Fire unit:
[quoted image]
Prior to that, I had a G3 unit : [quoted image]

Good to know the right people. Got myself a fire!!!!!

#30 78 days ago

My old school Spectrum, got it for 50 bucks at a storage unit sale.

image (resized).jpg
#31 78 days ago

G3 home unit. Always gets a ton of play with people over. Old pic but dartboard is still there.

3041F9D3-CCCE-4D32-BBF5-8B153F767885 (resized).jpeg
#32 78 days ago

anyone heard of these guys,
never knew they made steel tip electronic darts

https://www.bmigaming.com/wild-bull-live-electronic-steel-tip-tournament-dartboard-machine.htm

#33 78 days ago

I'm going to look at an arachnid galaxy 1 top gun challenge this weekend. The guy wants $500 for it and says it's fully working. Anything I need to look for? I've never owned or worked on a dart machine before. Is that an ok price?

#34 77 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

I'm going to look at an arachnid galaxy 1 top gun challenge this weekend. The guy wants $500 for it and says it's fully working. Anything I need to look for? I've never owned or worked on a dart machine before. Is that an ok price?

That price seems to be a few hundred $$ high. I have a Top Gun Challenge and have owned other older Arachnid dart machines and $250 was the highest price I paid.

#35 77 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That price seems to be a few hundred $$ high. I have a Top Gun Challenge and have owned other older Arachnid dart machines and $250 was the highest price I paid.

+1 - They can be had for $300 or less if you are patient.

#36 77 days ago

Brother in law got this for free. Works, but needs love. Is there like, a site dedicated to these machines? There seem to be A LOT of variances between units, etc.

Id like to help him get this up and running nice. Any info is appreciated.

IMG_9402 (resized).jpg
#37 77 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Brother in law got this for free. Works, but needs love. Is there like, a site dedicated to these machines? There seem to be A LOT of variances between units, etc.
Id like to help him get this up and running nice. Any info is appreciated.
[quoted image]

Not really dedicated to dart board but it is dedicated to arcade games and Ken Layton there really knows these games. kenlayton is here too.

https://www.arcade-museum.com/

#38 77 days ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Not really dedicated to dart board but it is dedicated to arcade games and Ken Layton there really knows these games. kenlayton is here too.
https://www.arcade-museum.com/

Thanks dude, ya I hit up Ken already after searching the web and seeing he was the man.

1 week later
#39 67 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Thanks dude, ya I hit up Ken already after searching the web and seeing he was the man.

Ken responded "guide attached"...you can attach things to pinside messages? Since when? I cant find this "attachment"....any help?

#40 67 days ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

[quoted image]

Where did you find the 4 Carnival knock-down game clowns? That’s awesome!!!

#41 67 days ago

All set up and ready to go!!

IMG_20190210_125841 (resized).jpg
#42 67 days ago

Does anyone know where I can purchase
Cabniet restoration decals? Looking for a few different versions. Arachnid of course

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 299.00
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside