(Topic ID: 212913)

Dart Machine Official Fan Club- Show us your Darts setup!

By Khabbi

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230920_152744 (resized).jpg
IMG_2736 (resized).jpeg
6300DipSettings (resized).png
6300BullSettings (resized).png
E4BB3662-70E9-4A0C-ADE3-25205DF55F66 (resized).jpeg
63AA1EB3-55C9-4E1D-ADA9-03EA1245F647 (resized).jpeg
20211111_145005 (resized).jpg
20210731_081141 (resized).jpg
20210225_170332 (resized).jpg
20210409_203258 (resized).jpg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpg
IMG_1487 (resized).jpg
B9252F89-14DD-4195-BBB1-E3BC99DE63CD (resized).jpeg
5CB8DD2A-97D1-4F5D-9DC0-75EE7AAD9687 (resized).jpeg
994E9163-1131-41AB-8302-E8A3666E6FB9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
medalist spectrum darts (resized).png
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

She cleaned up quite nicely!

There's a bunch of broken dart tips in the board that I'd like to fix. Is removing the matrix an easy/safe job?

I also have the ghost characters on the start-up screen, almost certainly due to the spider writer cap being so old (see pic of that pregnant cap below). Does anyone have a source on a replacement?

Lastly...I was impressed by the clever free play hack since the machine doesn't have a free play option. During a prior restoration, a switch added so that coin return registers as a credit insert.

IMG_6944 (resized).jpgIMG_6944 (resized).jpgIMG_5315 (resized).jpgIMG_5315 (resized).jpgIMG_6426 (resized).jpgIMG_6426 (resized).jpgIMG_1253 (resized).jpgIMG_1253 (resized).jpgIMG_2432 (resized).jpgIMG_2432 (resized).jpg
#52 3 years ago

You are good on the Galaxy parts. Segment assembly, catch web, and switch matrix.

#53 3 years ago

4 nylon thumb screws, and unplug the matrix. Whole assembly will lift out. Just make sure you note the alignment of everything. The cap is a mylar style and loiks ok , but hard to tell.
Tip removal you can use a ice type , an awl or if you want remove each segment and take the back off and pull them through.

Enjoy.

#54 3 years ago

Awesome. Thanks @chad. I'll do the disassembly and probably replace the catch web - mine is a bit cracked.

Also going to give the spider writer a try and see if I can banish the garbage characters.

#55 3 years ago

Just curious, what is the appeal of soft tip machines in a home environment? Is it because that's what bars/leagues/tournaments use locally?

Most places in my area have steel tip. That's also what I prefer. On top of that, its much cheaper to own than a machine.

#56 3 years ago

In my case, I play soft tip with my young daughters. Much safer than their wild throws with steel tips.

I have a version of the Valley Cougar with the Honest Ernie AI player so I can play against the machine solo. Picked it up for around $200 a year or two ago.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from NTXCoog:

Just curious, what is the appeal of soft tip machines in a home environment?

For me...it adds more to the home arcade feel than a steel tip dartboard. There’s also a lot of variety with the games that can be played and auto scoring makes games faster and a bit more lively. Busy just my $.02

3 months later
#58 3 years ago

I no longer use arcade dart machines. Swapped over to a Gran Board S3 that has a terrific app with online play. Anyone have one?

8 months later
#59 2 years ago

I just picked up a Galaxy II that shows a “bad zilog detected (58)” error. Arachnids manual is seriously lacking.

Anyone know what I’m looking at here?

4 months later
#60 2 years ago

Glad to find a darts club thread!

I am restoring an old Arachnid darts game and the cabinet is covered in that classic textured plastic control panel stuff. There are a few scuff marks that I have been unable to remove, and I need some ideas. So far I have tried Simple Green style cleaner and a stiff plastic brush, and even a Magic Eraser... The yellow base color looks good now, but I can't touch the scuffs. Anyone know a trick for cleaning this stuff?

The Arachnid just needs some bulbs and cleaning and it's good to go. I'll be moving it out and keeping the Medalist Dart Star Spectrum since it has more games... though I need to fix a scratchy sound problem.

medalist spectrum darts (resized).pngmedalist spectrum darts (resized).pngscuff (resized).pngscuff (resized).pngsuper 6 plus ii darts arachnid (resized).pngsuper 6 plus ii darts arachnid (resized).png
#61 2 years ago

Is love to get one of these. Never seen one for sale in Canada.

#62 2 years ago

I have an Arachnid English Mark Darts Super 6 Plus II (later version...in the same cabinet as Top Gun Challenge)

It has worked great for the past year but now the two light bulbs are flickering a bit during play. Any idea what could cause this?

994E9163-1131-41AB-8302-E8A3666E6FB9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg994E9163-1131-41AB-8302-E8A3666E6FB9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#63 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

and keeping the Medalist Dart Star Spectrum

Ive had that same unit for about 5 years, got it for cheap at a storage unit sale. Once I got it going it has been a reliable machine with a lot of fun games. The crt monitor did go out last year, but theres a port on the board to just plug in a computer monitor to the board and back in business.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

The crt monitor did go out last year...

Fortunately mine has a recently refurbished monitor, the previous owner took care of it, so it should be good for a long time. But it's great we can fall back to the composite output if needed.

I do need to figure out the scratchy audio and I should also see if there is a software update available. It's a lot harder to find help for darts than pins and vids though!

#66 2 years ago

arcademan1 there's something I need but didn't see on your site... I could use an updated ROM for my Arachnid Super Six Plus II. It is a model 6000 which has not been updated to use the Galaxy target head. I THINK that means I can use rom version 2.7, but nothing newer. LMK if you can burn one...

2 weeks later
#67 2 years ago

Here is the updated rom for a galaxy

https://www.arcadeadventures.com/arachnid-galaxy-dart-board-upgrade-to-version-7-04/

Quoted from horseflesh:

Fortunately mine has a recently refurbished monitor, the previous owner took care of it, so it should be good for a long time. But it's great we can fall back to the composite output if needed.
I do need to figure out the scratchy audio and I should also see if there is a software update available. It's a lot harder to find help for darts than pins and vids though!

#68 2 years ago

If anyone needs Arachnid 6000 - 6300 segments , I have a bunch of various NOS ones available.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademan1:

Here is the updated rom for a galaxy

Unfortunately I am pre-Galaxy, it's a 6000.

If I can find the file, I'd even buy a burner... good excuse!

#70 2 years ago

I searched for a used dart board but couldn’t find one. So I picked up a Shelti Eye 2 from @pinballpro. Dart board gets played more than the pins…

5CB8DD2A-97D1-4F5D-9DC0-75EE7AAD9687 (resized).jpeg5CB8DD2A-97D1-4F5D-9DC0-75EE7AAD9687 (resized).jpeg
#71 2 years ago

Getting one of these next week. Talked to Mike at Land of Oz in Muscatine a few times. Very knowledgeable guy and pleasant to talk to. Looking forward to playing it next week….stay tuned

B9252F89-14DD-4195-BBB1-E3BC99DE63CD (resized).jpegB9252F89-14DD-4195-BBB1-E3BC99DE63CD (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#72 2 years ago

I have owned an Arachnid Galaxy II.5 for the last 8 years and today I finally upgraded to an Arachnid Galaxy 3 Fire Plus.

IMG_1487 (resized).jpgIMG_1487 (resized).jpg

IMG_1491 (resized).jpgIMG_1491 (resized).jpg

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I have owned an Arachnid Galaxy II.5 for the last 8 years and today I finally upgraded to an Arachnid Galaxy 3 Fire Plus.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Interested in what you think. I have the fire and absolutely love it.

Gets huge amount of play.

#74 2 years ago

Cool looking board. I was just looking at them, why does the board flip? What is the point of that?

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool! What’s the price point on these? Do they still make them?

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Very cool! What’s the price point on these? Do they still make them?

Yes, the G3 Plus models are around $4300 to $5300 depending on shipping/configuration:
$4375
+ $500 shipping
+ optional bill acceptor $425

I ordered from Birmingham Vending, super fast communication and delivery (considering it was over the holidays). They drop ship them directly from Arachnid brand NIB.
https://www.bhmvending.com/Amusements/Arachnid/galaxy3_fire.html

Quoted from jorge5240:

Interested in what you think. I have the fire and absolutely love it.
Gets huge amount of play.

So far, I'm liking it a lot. I'm familiar with the Arachnid Galaxy OS system, but I'm still exploring some of the new features/games. The 15" board is the black/red segments and I prefer the international colors, so I ordered an international segment kit from Suzo Happ. I also ordered a TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 Dual Band Wireless PCIe Network Interface Card to maybe explore some online play, but it's probably going to not work because Arachnid is particular about allowing online play unless your an operator.

Quoted from Tortelvis:

Cool looking board. I was just looking at them, why does the board flip? What is the point of that?

There are two different sized boards on the G3 Plus and G3 Plus Fire. One is a 15" target and the other is a smaller 13" target.

The G3 and G3 Live have a 19" monitor and a two 15"/13" targets that you have to manually swap between. No 'flip games' are included with those versions. The G3 Plus models come with a 24" monitor, the switching between the 15"/13" targets is automatic (or manual) and therefore, there are 'new' flip games included w/ that model. I was really in between getting the standard black cabinet G3 Plus and the G3 Fire Plus. They are the same machine w/ the exception that the Fire has LEDs inside that allow the cabinet to hypnotically glow red. NOTE: If you find the glowing red LEDs in the cabinet obnoxious/distracting, you can turn them off in the settings (as well as other LED brightness/color options).

I will probably get around to posting a review/video on my YouTube channel later in the week. There just isn't a whole lot of info on the Arachnid Galaxy 3 machines on YouTube right now.

History:
Arachnid has been making electronic dartboards since the 1970's. Arachnid is the main company. Spider360 is the sister company of Arachnid and both companies are made in Loves Park, IL. Over the years, Arachnid made several models of dartboards called, Galaxy. Normally, you'd see Galaxy across the marquee. They made a Galaxy, Galaxy II, Galaxy II.5, and then eventually the Galaxy 3. The Galaxy 3 was the latest version of dartboard that Arachnid was making prior to the new Spider360 models. The Galaxy 3 models are VERY common in bars and venues today.

To take it a step further, a lot of the Galaxy 3's that you see in venus have a marquee that say, 'Bullshooter' across the top. Bullshooter is also part of Arachnid. Technically, Bullshooter is a software program that is licensed through Arachnid. Bullshooter is an online, web-based program that you can play tournaments online with other people around the world. With a properly configured G3, you can find various tournaments online around the world going on at various times/days and participate in them. The Bullshooter version is primarliy designed for commercial use, but if you want to use the Bullshooter tournament play online at home, then you have to pay around $100/year in order to fascilitate the fees required for licensing.

Arachnid is now producing two scaled back versions of the Arachnid G3 called the Spider360 (designed for home use).

The Spider360 just came out in November 2019. That version is the newest, latest, and greatest version of the G3, but its designed for home use only. The Spider360 comes w/ Mark Dart™ (AI opponent that cheats just like ‘Ernie’). Mark has the ability to adjust to your style of play or teach you to be a better dart player by watching how he plays the game. You can also play up to 3 players and have Mark be the fourth. On the -1000 model, when you register your dart game you will receive Mark Dart™ for the first 3 months for free, $1.00 per month thereafter. Mark Dart is included in the -2000 model.

The Spider360 -1000 and the -2000 models do NOT have coin doors because they are desinged for home use only. The -2000 has LED strips that light up the dartboard face as well as in the marquee. The model -1000 does not have those features. The -2000 does not have all the bells/whistles that the bar-style venue G3 Plus has, but it does have a live camera (both on the player and dartboard face). Both the -1000 and the -2000 have a way to play in online leaderboards. It connects via Wifi. Online play is free for the first 3 months and then after that it's $1.99/month for the -1000 and (I believe) $2.99/month on the -2000. 'Leaderboard' is very similar to 'Bullshooter' minus some of the features. The Leaderboard™ is an online global ranking system based on your individual skill level by tracking your Marks Per Round (MPR) or Points Per Dart (PPD). You can test your skills and get ranked by seeing your name or nickname displayed on all Spider Series dart games and on the mobile app. When you register your dart game you will receive The Leaderboard™ for the first 3 months for free, $1.99 per month thereafter. It’s $2.99/month on the -2000.

The Spider360 2000 is around $3500-$4000

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Yes, the G3 Plus models are around $4300 to $5300 depending on shipping/configuration:
$4375
+ $500 shipping
+ optional bill acceptor $425
I ordered from Birmingham Vending, super fast communication and delivery (considering it was over the holidays). They drop ship them directly from Arachnid brand NIB.
https://www.bhmvending.com/Amusements/Arachnid/galaxy3_fire.html

So far, I'm liking it a lot. I'm familiar with the Arachnid Galaxy OS system, but I'm still exploring some of the new features/games. The 15" board is the black/red segments and I prefer the international colors, so I ordered an international segment kit from Suzo Happ. I also ordered a TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 Dual Band Wireless PCIe Network Interface Card to maybe explore some online play, but it's probably going to not work because Arachnid is particular about allowing online play unless your an operator.

There are two different sized boards on the G3 Plus and G3 Plus Fire. One is a 15" target and the other is a smaller 13" target.
The G3 and G3 Live have a 19" monitor and a two 15"/13" targets that you have to manually swap between. No 'flip games' are included with those versions. The G3 Plus models come with a 24" monitor, the switching between the 15"/13" targets is automatic (or manual) and therefore, there are 'new' flip games included w/ that model. I was really in between getting the standard black cabinet G3 Plus and the G3 Fire Plus. They are the same machine w/ the exception that the Fire has LEDs inside that allow the cabinet to hypnotically glow red. NOTE: If you find the glowing red LEDs in the cabinet obnoxious/distracting, you can turn them off in the settings (as well as other LED brightness/color options).
I will probably get around to posting a review/video on my YouTube channel later in the week. There just isn't a whole lot of info on the Arachnid Galaxy 3 machines on YouTube right now.
History:
Arachnid has been making electronic dartboards since the 1970's. Arachnid is the main company. Spider360 is the sister company of Arachnid and both companies are made in Loves Park, IL. Over the years, Arachnid made several models of dartboards called, Galaxy. Normally, you'd see Galaxy across the marquee. They made a Galaxy, Galaxy II, Galaxy II.5, and then eventually the Galaxy 3. The Galaxy 3 was the latest version of dartboard that Arachnid was making prior to the new Spider360 models. The Galaxy 3 models are VERY common in bars and venues today.
To take it a step further, a lot of the Galaxy 3's that you see in venus have a marquee that say, 'Bullshooter' across the top. Bullshooter is also part of Arachnid. Technically, Bullshooter is a software program that is licensed through Arachnid. Bullshooter is an online, web-based program that you can play tournaments online with other people around the world. With a properly configured G3, you can find various tournaments online around the world going on at various times/days and participate in them. The Bullshooter version is primarliy designed for commercial use, but if you want to use the Bullshooter tournament play online at home, then you have to pay around $100/year in order to fascilitate the fees required for licensing.
Arachnid is now producing two scaled back versions of the Arachnid G3 called the Spider360 (designed for home use).
The Spider360 just came out in November 2019. That version is the newest, latest, and greatest version of the G3, but its designed for home use only. The Spider360 has a 4-tier-level (cheater) AI player, called 'Mark' that you can play against (similar to the Valley AI named, Ernie).
The Spider360 -1000 and the -2000 models do NOT have coin doors because they are desinged for home use only. The -2000 has LED strips that light up the dartboard face as well as in the marquee. The model -1000 does not have those features. The -2000 does not have all the bells/whistles that the bar-style venue G3 Plus has, but it does have a live camera (both on the player and dartboard face). Both the -1000 and the -2000 have a way to play in online leaderboards. It connects via Wifi. Online play is free for the first 3 months and then after that it's $1.99/month for the -1000 and (I believe) $2.99/month on the -2000. 'Leaderboard' is very similar to 'Bullshooter' minus some of the features. With Leaderboard, it allows you to compete against other people who own Spider360 dartboads in their homes and it will show you your ranking amongst people with the same model dartboard.
The Spider360 2000 is around $3500.

Great information!

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage of the commercial models vs. the 360 models in a home environment? Are there any games you can't play on the 360? Are the boards themselves the same quality?

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Great information!
Out of curiosity, what is the advantage of the commercial models vs. the 360 models in a home environment? Are there any games you can't play on the 360? Are the boards themselves the same quality?

Some of the Spider360 -2000 notable differences w/ the commercial models:
* The Leaderboard™ is an online global ranking system based on your individual skill level by tracking your Marks Per Round (MPR) or Points Per Dart (PPD). You can test your skills and get ranked by seeing your name or nickname displayed on all Spider Series dart games and on the mobile app. When you register your dart game you will receive the first 3 months for free, $1.99 per month thereafter.
* 19” LCD monitor
* Standard 15” target (no 13” target, no flip games)
* Mark Dart (AI player)
* Made of the same commercial-grade product with a Roto-Molded Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) Cabinet.
* Over 40+ games including:
6 types of X01 with all standard Opening and Closing options
6 different variations of Cricket
8 nonstandard fun games based on the ones found on the commercial Galaxy 3 dart games

#79 2 years ago

I have the Spider 360 2000 series.
Love it. Love it. Love it.
I also just added a DiscGlo Shuffle. That really
is a crowd pleaser..

20210225_170332 (resized).jpg20210225_170332 (resized).jpg20210409_203258 (resized).jpg20210409_203258 (resized).jpg20210731_081141 (resized).jpg20210731_081141 (resized).jpg20211111_145005 (resized).jpg20211111_145005 (resized).jpg
#80 2 years ago

Shout to Mike at the Land of Oz for building this beautiful dart cabinet!!
Looks, sounds and plays great!
Mike was great to work with on this project!
I would highly recommend checking them out
https://landofozarcades.com/

63AA1EB3-55C9-4E1D-ADA9-03EA1245F647 (resized).jpeg63AA1EB3-55C9-4E1D-ADA9-03EA1245F647 (resized).jpegE4BB3662-70E9-4A0C-ADE3-25205DF55F66 (resized).jpegE4BB3662-70E9-4A0C-ADE3-25205DF55F66 (resized).jpeg
1 year later
#81 12 months ago

My Arachnid English Mark Darts Super Six Plus II is scores a double bull (50 pts) whether you hit the single or double bullseye. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I inspected and cleaned the matrix and everything looks good.

thanks!

#82 12 months ago
Quoted from scootss:

My Arachnid English Mark Darts Super Six Plus II is scores a double bull (50 pts) whether you hit the single or double bullseye. Any ideas what could be causing this?
I inspected and cleaned the matrix and everything looks good.
thanks!

In Cricket? Or just 01?

#83 12 months ago

From the manual...

6300BullSettings (resized).png6300BullSettings (resized).png6300DipSettings (resized).png6300DipSettings (resized).png
#84 12 months ago

That did it. Thank you!!

4 months later
#85 7 months ago

Does anyone have any experience w/ an Augmented Dart Machine?

https://segaarcade.com/games/augmented-reality-darts

For me, right away, I see the dart’s shadows that the projector casts across the board and that would seem distracting.

2 weeks later
#86 7 months ago
Quoted from AJB4:

I have the Spider 360 2000 series.
Love it. Love it. Love it.
I also just added a DiscGlo Shuffle. That really
is a crowd pleaser..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Who has the best price on the Spider 2000?

#87 7 months ago

Might be letting go of one of my galaxy fire dart machines if you are interested let me know.

Located in Dublin Ca

IMG_2736 (resized).jpegIMG_2736 (resized).jpeg
#88 7 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Who has the best price on the Spider 2000?

I bought direct from Arachnid.
AJB

1 week later
#89 7 months ago

Delivered today.

20230920_152744 (resized).jpg20230920_152744 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#91 4 months ago

Decided to keep the fire but a couple questions. I am looking for best 18 gram darts for the board. I was using 20 gram but they seem to be hurting the board and tips getting stuck.

On the same note where is the best place to get replacement plastics? Dart got stuck in the board and is ruining the target segment. Need to replace it.

Lastly best tips recommended?

Thanks,

Mike

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/darts-official-fan-club-show-us-your-dart-machine-or-setup/page/2?hl=richard-nba-sf2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.