(Topic ID: 212913)

Dart Machine Official Fan Club- Show us your Darts setup!

By Khabbi

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230920_152744 (resized).jpg
IMG_2736 (resized).jpeg
6300DipSettings (resized).png
6300BullSettings (resized).png
E4BB3662-70E9-4A0C-ADE3-25205DF55F66 (resized).jpeg
63AA1EB3-55C9-4E1D-ADA9-03EA1245F647 (resized).jpeg
20211111_145005 (resized).jpg
20210731_081141 (resized).jpg
20210225_170332 (resized).jpg
20210409_203258 (resized).jpg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpg
IMG_1487 (resized).jpg
B9252F89-14DD-4195-BBB1-E3BC99DE63CD (resized).jpeg
5CB8DD2A-97D1-4F5D-9DC0-75EE7AAD9687 (resized).jpeg
994E9163-1131-41AB-8302-E8A3666E6FB9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
medalist spectrum darts (resized).png
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I've been collecting classic 80's arcade and pinball machines on and off now for 16 years, and about 10 years ago really started my home arcade. After all this time, I started to look for something a little different to add.. I have been a big fan of the Super Chexx and it's usually a big hit at my place when I have company, so I know that sometimes having something different than pinball or classic arcades can be a nice addition.

I'm not sure how I really became interested in Darts or a Dartboard, as I hadn't played darts in probably over 20 years, but in looking through arcade photo's and videos, I saw that some had a dartboard and it peaked my interest. So recently, I put my search out for a machine and found a Scorpion DX 9000... it has me totally addicted. In the 2 weeks I've had it, I've had friends and family over to play it and have played so much that my arm started hurting (sucks getting old, eh?).

I must say that it has very much been a surprising addition to the arcade and it gets a ton of attention in addition to the pins, arcade machines, and bubble hockey. Wish I would have done it sooner, and now I want to keep moving forward with getting a better machine, playing local tourney's, etc., and just having some fun with it.

So lets see your dart machines and hear your story on them... share whatever you would like, whether it be a basic dartboard or a Galaxy G3! Seems to be dozens of variations of these out there.

The other picture is of the English Mark Dart Machine that was given to me from my neighbor, at first he wouldn't let it go but then decided he didn't want it anymore. It's a cool machine that dates back to 1984.. I ended up passing it on to another local arcade collector and kept my Scorpion.

IMG_1222 (resized).jpgIMG_1222 (resized).jpg
IMG_1213 (resized).jpgIMG_1213 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Dartslive is very popular around here... a local place down the road has about 10 machines lined up, along with a bunch of pool tables.

I personally prefer the Arachnid Galaxy 3 machines where you can find them, however, and they seem to be the go-to home machines for the serious players.

o (resized).jpgo (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago

I have the Gran Board 2 online board in my game room. Hooks up to your cell phone/TV for display.

Not sure how to embed a picture from my website, let me try it here:

http://gameroominfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Gran-Board-2-Dart-Board.jpg

EDIT: Ack, it won't embed, the whole article is here:

http://gameroominfo.com/2017/12/29/gran-board-2-online-dart-board-review/

#4 6 years ago

I run soft tip and steel tip leagues and tournaments here. Radikal for the win!

FB_IMG_1521920399318 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521920399318 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1521920372838 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521920372838 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1521920387706 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521920387706 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I run soft tip and steel tip leagues and tournaments here. Radikal for the win!

Wow that's awesome! I've never seen a radikal machine before. Do those run on dartslive?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I have the Gran Board 2 online board in my game room. Hooks up to your cell phone/TV for display.
Not sure how to embed a picture from my website, let me try it here:
http://gameroominfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Gran-Board-2-Dart-Board.jpg
EDIT: Ack, it won't embed, the whole article is here:
http://gameroominfo.com/2017/12/29/gran-board-2-online-dart-board-review/

I was looking at these and it appears they are no longer being imported into the united states? But what an awesome way to have on-screen scoring in a casual setup. If I didn't have a Scorpion machine and wanted a smaller setup, this would be the way to go! Just have to import them now, and it looks like one is going to set you back $400 which is a little high IMO.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Wow that's awesome! I've never seen a radikal machine before. Do those run on dartslive?

Nope. They have their own proprietary software.

Check out their player site: eng.radikalplayers.com

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

So lets see your dart machines and hear your story on them... share whatever you would like, whether it be a basic dartboard or a Galaxy G3! Seems to be dozens of variations of these out there.

Thanks for the invite to the group.
I just replaced my original Valley Cougar FM. A friend asked if I wanted it for free about 3 years ago and the only place I had for it was in the unfinished basement.
20141203_143341 (resized).jpg20141203_143341 (resized).jpg
About a month ago, someone had some Valley Cougar HBs on Craigslist, so I figured it was maybe a good time to get an updated model. So I contacted the friend that gave me the FM and asked if he would like to have it back. He (more so his 2 sons) was very happy to be get it back, so it has returned to its home.
The HB works fine, but was in a little rougher shape than the pictures of the seller. I have already replaced the T molding around the dartboard hole as well as the entire dartboard spider and segments and the 4 segments of the catch ring.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
So it now sits where the original once stood. Though I don't seem to have a picture of it
game room feb2018 (resized).jpggame room feb2018 (resized).jpg
Then there is the "clubhouse" where my PGA Tour Team Challenge (online) presides.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I was looking at these and it appears they are no longer being imported into the united states? But what an awesome way to have on-screen scoring in a casual setup. If I didn't have a Scorpion machine and wanted a smaller setup, this would be the way to go! Just have to import them now, and it looks like one is going to set you back $400 which is a little high IMO.

I don't know exactly what is going on with them. Ever since Christmas they've been MIA on ebay and Amazon. They clearly have a winner but can't get them shipped out for some reason. The smaller Gran board is still available, so it's not like the whole company is gone or having import issues, it appears to be just the one product.

1 month later
#10 5 years ago

Had an Arachnid. Miss it so much.

6 months later
#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I just found the Gran Board 3 which is the latest generation of the Gran Board line. My brother (850 miles away) and I each recently picked one up and have started playing online. It works very well and is a very solid board. They were hard to find earlier this year when they were switching from gen 2 to gen 3.

https://www.dartbrokers.com/GRAN-BOARD-3-GRAN3.htm

#12 5 years ago

Basket case Arachnid 6300 conversion in progress.

3BA8ED33-F9D2-4DDF-9BEB-F8EB5B3C640F (resized).jpeg3BA8ED33-F9D2-4DDF-9BEB-F8EB5B3C640F (resized).jpeg
#13 5 years ago

Just picked this up, 1 owner since new!

1896C567-E5A8-4080-A42F-00ACE8DEA756 (resized).jpeg1896C567-E5A8-4080-A42F-00ACE8DEA756 (resized).jpeg6B22E20B-7C2E-495F-A00D-8DD7BD3A7678 (resized).jpeg6B22E20B-7C2E-495F-A00D-8DD7BD3A7678 (resized).jpegA77D8FDD-1451-46DD-B49A-5F080CE5EBE2 (resized).jpegA77D8FDD-1451-46DD-B49A-5F080CE5EBE2 (resized).jpegAEEB26DC-C76F-4FED-AF0B-261562E92493 (resized).jpegAEEB26DC-C76F-4FED-AF0B-261562E92493 (resized).jpeg
#14 5 years ago

The pictures are from before the walls went up.

20170319_161552 (resized).jpg20170319_161552 (resized).jpg20170325_182052 (resized).jpg20170325_182052 (resized).jpg
#15 5 years ago

There's a Pro Dart for sale on a localish buy and sell. Any idea of ballpark value? Has 2 sets of darts included. Seller said he's open to offers. Sorry about sideways pic

$_59.JPG.jpg$_59.JPG.jpg

#16 5 years ago

I love these. This is all I use!

FB_IMG_1516785845238 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1516785845238 (resized).jpg
#17 5 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

There's a Pro Dart for sale on a localish buy and sell. Any idea of ballpark value? Has 2 sets of darts included. Seller said he's open to offers. Sorry about sideways pic
[quoted image]

I can't help you with that specific board but working basic boards (early Arachnid B/W, etc) around here can be had for $150-300. The asking price for some of the newer Valley boards seem to go for a little more $500-600. Then again, some can be had for nothing if you look/wait long enough.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I can't help you with that specific board but working basic boards (early Arachnid B/W, etc) around here can be had for $150-300. The asking price for some of the newer Valley boards seem to go for a little more $500-600. Then again, some can be had for nothing if you look/wait long enough.

Thanks. The seller is asking $600 cdn but open to offers. I was thinking half of that as a fair offer. If not, I'll wait for something else.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Just picked this up, 1 owner since new!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

mine is for sale if anybody is looking, 1 owner huo its whole life.

#20 5 years ago

Really like my English Mark Darts 5000!

... but it doesn't play Cricket. Hope to get a 6300 as well.

Btw, one of my EMD 5000 has dart-recognition issues. Hope swapping some 2N4400's will fix.

20180713_152406 (resized).jpg20180713_152406 (resized).jpg

Hey! Does anyone have a kit???

s-l1uhu600 (resized).jpgs-l1uhu600 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#21 5 years ago

My current Dart Machine setup, a G3 Live Fire unit:
IMG_1076 (resized).jpgIMG_1076 (resized).jpg

Prior to that, I had a G3 unit :

IMG_1024 (resized).jpgIMG_1024 (resized).jpg
#22 5 years ago

Pulled all my boards out of bars. Opened a dart hall...

0111191859 (resized).jpg0111191859 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#23 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I love these. This is all I use!
[quoted image]

What are these machines? I am looking at galaxys right now but want to do my homework on these as well.

#24 5 years ago

I recently bought a Cougar 8 which is my favorite board. I am trying to get my 18 your old son hooked and it's working. The other night he did this.

IMG_2271 (resized).jpgIMG_2271 (resized).jpg
#25 5 years ago

I love the look of the G3 fire but I called the manufacturer and they said they do not sell the units to individuals. Look for any info? Can you set it for free play if I can find one? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

#26 5 years ago

I spent more on the wall to compliment the machine than I did on my machine! But I refurbished it myself. I’m actually having a guys dart night soon.

2FD6DF76-8CE9-456A-9FD1-C5EB018EF380 (resized).jpeg2FD6DF76-8CE9-456A-9FD1-C5EB018EF380 (resized).jpeg

#27 5 years ago

For those of you that have experience with the Gran Board 3, I'm curious to know your thoughts. I'm very intrigued by this company that makes custom cabinets for them ...

https://landofozarcades.com/wizard-dartboards/

Wizard Dart Board (resized).jpgWizard Dart Board (resized).jpg
#28 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I spent more on the wall to compliment the machine than I did on my machine! But I refurbished it myself. I’m actually having a guys dart night soon.
[quoted image]

That's the dart machine I want to upgrade to. What do you think of the games? I've only seen videos of this in action and I do like the color screen and interesting games it has. What's the height of it with the screen mounted up top?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

My current Dart Machine setup, a G3 Live Fire unit:
[quoted image]
Prior to that, I had a G3 unit : [quoted image]

Good to know the right people. Got myself a fire!!!!!

#30 5 years ago

My old school Spectrum, got it for 50 bucks at a storage unit sale.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#31 5 years ago

G3 home unit. Always gets a ton of play with people over. Old pic but dartboard is still there.

3041F9D3-CCCE-4D32-BBF5-8B153F767885 (resized).jpeg3041F9D3-CCCE-4D32-BBF5-8B153F767885 (resized).jpeg
#32 5 years ago

anyone heard of these guys,
never knew they made steel tip electronic darts

https://www.bmigaming.com/wild-bull-live-electronic-steel-tip-tournament-dartboard-machine.htm

#33 5 years ago

I'm going to look at an arachnid galaxy 1 top gun challenge this weekend. The guy wants $500 for it and says it's fully working. Anything I need to look for? I've never owned or worked on a dart machine before. Is that an ok price?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I'm going to look at an arachnid galaxy 1 top gun challenge this weekend. The guy wants $500 for it and says it's fully working. Anything I need to look for? I've never owned or worked on a dart machine before. Is that an ok price?

That price seems to be a few hundred $$ high. I have a Top Gun Challenge and have owned other older Arachnid dart machines and $250 was the highest price I paid.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

That price seems to be a few hundred $$ high. I have a Top Gun Challenge and have owned other older Arachnid dart machines and $250 was the highest price I paid.

+1 - They can be had for $300 or less if you are patient.

#36 5 years ago

Brother in law got this for free. Works, but needs love. Is there like, a site dedicated to these machines? There seem to be A LOT of variances between units, etc.

Id like to help him get this up and running nice. Any info is appreciated.

IMG_9402 (resized).jpgIMG_9402 (resized).jpg
#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Brother in law got this for free. Works, but needs love. Is there like, a site dedicated to these machines? There seem to be A LOT of variances between units, etc.
Id like to help him get this up and running nice. Any info is appreciated.
[quoted image]

Not really dedicated to dart board but it is dedicated to arcade games and Ken Layton there really knows these games. KenLayton is here too.

https://www.arcade-museum.com/

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Not really dedicated to dart board but it is dedicated to arcade games and Ken Layton there really knows these games. kenlayton is here too.
https://www.arcade-museum.com/

Thanks dude, ya I hit up Ken already after searching the web and seeing he was the man.

1 week later
#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Thanks dude, ya I hit up Ken already after searching the web and seeing he was the man.

Ken responded "guide attached"...you can attach things to pinside messages? Since when? I cant find this "attachment"....any help?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

[quoted image]

Where did you find the 4 Carnival knock-down game clowns? That’s awesome!!!

#41 5 years ago

All set up and ready to go!!

IMG_20190210_125841 (resized).jpgIMG_20190210_125841 (resized).jpg
#42 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can purchase
Cabniet restoration decals? Looking for a few different versions. Arachnid of course

2 months later
#43 4 years ago
received_427724771362785 (resized).jpegreceived_427724771362785 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#44 4 years ago

Just got into darts. Seems like every unit for sale around me is listed at $650-$1000. Is this the going price? I wonder because new internet enabled boards are available on Amazon for around $400. For example https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KRLK9BN/
Thanks for any advise. Never looked into these before.

8 months later
#45 3 years ago

Been wanting a machine for a while and just saw an English Mark Darts Super 6 Mark II come up for sale near me. $450 but seems like everything is working. Anything I should look for in particular when I go to check it out?

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Been wanting a machine for a while and just saw an English Mark Darts Super 6 Mark II come up for sale near me. $450 but seems like everything is working. Anything I should look for in particular when I go to check it out?

Check every segment to make sure it scores properly.
Inspect each segment looking for cracks and broken segments.
Inspect the spider for condition.

Basically no replacement parts are available for this era game so if something goes wrong with it, you may not be able to find replacement parts.

$450 is top-top dollar for one of these. It better be damn near HUO and in pristine condition for that price.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Does it haved the original head, spider and matrix? Maybe if you're lucky, it was updated to Galaxy head, catch web and matrix. They still use the same ones since The Galaxy came out.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Does it haved the original head, spider and matrix? Maybe if you're lucky, it was updated to Galaxy head, catch web and matrix. They still use the same ones since The Galaxy came out.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did a fairly thorough inspection and it seems to be in good shape. All segments work and I just need to disassemble to pull out a few broken tips. Picked it up for $400 because time was against me.

Game was refurbed years ago and has been HUO since. All segments work and the cabinet is quite clean. I felt a bit more confident because it is a late-model version that is in a Galaxy cabinet.

Two questions:
- Because it is a Galaxy cabinet, does that mean it uses the Galaxy head, catch web, and matrix?

- There are a few garbage characters on the startup screen which I've read is due to the spiderwriter memory chip being past its life. Is it necessary to replace this? Is there a current source for one?

(pic is in my garage. It was assembled and tested before I bought it

IMG_5156 (resized).jpgIMG_5156 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#49 3 years ago

Sorry for the lenghty time. I did not bookmark this. Yes the Galaxy parts will work. When you get a chance get a couple pictures inside and inside door.

#50 3 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Just about to set it up - hopefully tomorrow. Will send pics...

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/darts-official-fan-club-show-us-your-dart-machine-or-setup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.