(Topic ID: 158539)

Darlings of the Day and those that have fallen!

By azpinguy

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by azpinguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Ok. I'm curious about other pinsiders options on what makes a pin suddenly great or formerly sought after and now unloved...
    Examples of newly great are WH2O FT Taxi BSD SG RFM and RBION. "Back in the day" These were strong "B" games at best now They are said to to the greatest games ever... Note that there is even strong love for JD JM and DM. (disclaimer I LOVE JD and have since I picked one up 15 years ago I think the soundtrack is awesome.)

Then there are those that have fallen. Like CP JY CFBL SS and NGG. These were games that people lined up to buy for almost the same prices as CV TOTAN and TOM. Now I see them for trade fairly often.

Third category. Games people consistently say suck, but still cost 10K. CC MB TOTAN and WOZ. Is this just jealousy?

What is next Sopranos, Popeye, and Buck Hunter will be newly loved? (Popeye did get a colorDMD...

Opinions?
    -S

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

Dude, remind me not to shop at the same places you do.
    I'm having a hard time accepting the entire premise of this thread. Best I can come up with is that B titles are still more affordable and folks are looking for them because they can grow their collections without going broke.

It says they -were- games as in the past tense. Like for people who have been in the hobby for more than 5 years I guess. CV and TOM were $4K games for quite a while. and so were SS CFBL JY and CP.

#8 7 years ago

Yes, and now it is NF that is a parts machine for an OP I know...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/darlings-of-the-day-and-those-that-have-fallen?tu=azpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.