• Latest reply 6 years ago by MarkG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 10.36.23 AM (resized).png
stepper (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDM0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Any non-functioning stepper unit I have come across has been fixed with cleaning. I cleaned this Darling player stepper unit completely... like every single part... dismantled it all. No matter what I do, I can't it to progress forward. The top latch wont catch on the teeth. So the arm falls to catch another groove but the wheel falls with it. The only way to get the top latch to catch it is if I manually move the wheel forward a tiny tiny bit. If I detach the spring - it will catch it. But any little pressure - it can't. Of course, I need to put the spring on to get it to reset. The wheel feels a bit loose (moving side to side in the hole a bit), but not sure if that matters or how I can fix that. It is frustrating because I spent a ton of time cleaning it but grime doesn't seem to be the issue. Help!

stepper (resized).jpgstepper (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SDM0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/darling-stepper-problem-1?tu=SDM0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.