Darling - Same Ball

By SDM0

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Jubilee-lot-of-work-done-orpalis.pdf (PDF preview)
0Jubilee-Work-03 (resized).jpg
Darling (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I have never seen this. When you are on player 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5... if you don't hit any switches that advance the match unit... then it wont move on to the next ball (ie: if you are on ball 2 and don't make that match unit move then it will stay on ball 2 after it drains). It's almost like a "shoot again" or "ball saved" because your turn has to suck pretty hard in order to avoid setting off the match unit. But it is confusing to the players and I don't think it is a planned thing with EMs. How can I fix this?

Darling (resized).jpgDarling (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

There is nothing wrong with your machine. If the ball does not hit any switches after launch and drains, the game will replay that ball. Consider it a "ball saved" feature.

#3 6 years ago

It is specific to the match unit. It can bounce on the bumpers, hit the advance rollovers and activate the kickout holes and still let you replay. It doesn't make sense and none of my other Williams EMs do this.

#4 6 years ago

Hi SDM0
if the pin would be a Jubilee:
See the first picture, JPG, "encircled green" - when You make 10 points: The medium chime chimes and the No. Match Unit steps - ALSO the Ball-Index-Relay is made pulling-in (and it closes its Self-Hold-Switch and stays pulling for the rest of the life of the ball).
Jubilee has (encircled red) also switches on the 100-Point-Relay and the 1000-Point-Relay to make the Ball-Index-Relay to pull-in. After loss of the ball: The pulling Ball-Index-Relay makes "stepping to next player / next ball" possible.
So in a Jubilee I would say "encircled red" is not functioning. Do You have an schematics and an manual "Darling" ? - look-up for connecting wires, wire-colors, (in the last pages of the manual) the position of the switches on these relays. If You have no paper stuff: Have a look at the 10-, 100-, 1000-Point-Relay(s) - clean contact-points on the switchblades - look for broken-off wires.

(I like to do some "work" in MS-Paint / paint.net - freshening-up JPGs) I have put together snippets of "Jubilee" to an continuous schematics, then did a lot of work to freshen-up, then made an PDF - then used an "PDF-Reducer" and the second picture, PDF shows "my work". May want to make You a copy / download (?).
BECAUSE I might have made an error / faulty deleting stuff in my work: ALSO copy / download from here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-jubilee-gi-lamp-fuse-pops-on-start-up/page/2#post-3251666 --- the "ORIGINAL PAGES". Greetings Rolf

0Jubilee-Work-03 (resized).jpg0Jubilee-Work-03 (resized).jpg

0Jubilee-lot-of-work-done-orpalis.pdf0Jubilee-lot-of-work-done-orpalis.pdf

#5 6 years ago

I don't know about the match part, if you didn't score on Fun-Fest it didn't advance. A Ball Index relay thing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/darling-same-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.