Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

camper-low_bridge-wreck_(resized).jpg
camper_trailer-lowbridge-wreck_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi,

I'm looking into possibly traveling with a senior citizen from Arkansas to California and back. Flying is most likely not an option, so I figured driving with an RV Motorhome would be the most comfortable way for the senior citizen to travel. A quick google search tells me there's not many rental locations in Arkansas, but perhaps anyone of you has any ideas. Or maybe one of you has such a Motorhome and would be interested in such a trip (which is pinball related and should be a lot of fun) and we can work something out. I'm open for serious suggestions

Thanks,

Jonathan

#2 7 years ago

Very common in California to rent an RV. Based on the parent website, its not out of the ordinary in many other states.

http://www.rvrentalsofamerica.com/arkansas-rv-rental.aspx

#4 7 years ago

Hi Jonathan/unigroove,

Pretty major road trip. Could be epic fun, or could be a real bummer.
Looks like 1650 to 2000+ miles each way depending on which way and where you are headed, and stops along the way.
24 to 30+ hours driving each way.
Weather concerns: heat in summer, snow/ice in winter.
Road construction delays are usually worse in the summer, but always something to consider in route planning.

You will want to avoid having this happen:
camper-low_bridge-wreck_(resized).jpgcamper-low_bridge-wreck_(resized).jpg
camper_trailer-lowbridge-wreck_(resized).jpgcamper_trailer-lowbridge-wreck_(resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago

Yeah, people here do it all the time... Great way to see the country. Much better for someone who might have trouble flying as they age. After my parents retired, they traversed the country many times in a RV. Go for it, you will meet some interesting people. Just think of the Griswolds, but watch out for cousin Eddie.

#6 7 years ago

I just looked into an RV excursion for 2 weeks across the US, it was so expensive that I considered buying one and than selling it when I was done. They charge by the mile.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dare-to-ask-rv-motorhome-rental-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.