Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by GoVols
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Yep, Did my daily check on Craigslist and there is a Judge Dredd not 5 miles from my house in good shape for $500. Unfortunately I emailed and she said someone was on their way and I was 3rd on the list for if he did not take it.

No one in their right mind will pass on that! And I am betting it is our local pin flipper that is getting it. It will be back on CL in 2 weeks for $2500 ... you wait and see.

Ah well, can't win them all.

#2 8 years ago

Yeah it blows, I was second for a $950 Addams Family! Just missed it AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHH........

#3 8 years ago

Yea, it really does. But I can't complain TOO much. I did land a HOU Addams Family for 2k in October.

#4 8 years ago

Yeah, that sucks, especially around here where hardly anything ever shows up.

#5 8 years ago

I missed a Funhouse in nice condition for $1200 about a week ago. I told the guy i
would take it he said he couldnt hold it (first come first served) Needless to say i wasnt the first to come I was 40 miles away
O well what can you do

#6 8 years ago

YEa there is very little besides Bingo machines that EVER pops up around here... That is NOT for sale by the dealer in NAshville or Chattanooga. And they sell for Ebay++ Prices.

#7 8 years ago

Yeah, there was a JunkYard and No Fear that was listed in Knoxville about 2 months ago for $1800 total.

#8 8 years ago

Nice... I missed those.
I am actually trying NOT to buy any machines atm.. As I am working on funding my Virtual Pin cabinet. But $500 was just TOO good to pass up. As would have been the deal you mentioned.

#9 8 years ago

There was a virtual pin listed up here in tricities about a month ago for ~$3700, only lasted a few days. Can't afford that, but I did want to go over and play it for a little while and see how it played.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from GoVols:

Yeah, there was a junkyard and No Fear that was listed in Knoxville about 2 months ago for $1800 total.

Don't worry those didn't sell that cheap. I called and was second in line. The guy called me back and was taking offers after so many people called him. He was already over twice his initial price. I told him no thanks and wasn't interested in a bidding war.

#11 8 years ago

if someone offered $3600 for those 2, he should jumped on it and considered it a gift. Unless both were exceptional.

#12 8 years ago

I missed a $400 Dale Jr a few years ago. Another Pinsider landed it, and I expressed interest in purchasing it, but they sold it elsewhere... oh well...

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from GoVols:

There was a virtual pin listed up here in tricities about a month ago for ~$3700, only lasted a few days. Can't afford that, but I did want to go over and play it for a little while and see how it played.

Yea, you can build a fully decked out (force feedback and all) Virtual Pin for between $2500 and $3500. But they will EASILY sell for $5k-$7k My MAME Machine is about to be listed for $2500 to fund my Pin. I just have to finish a couple bits of the software config that are giving me issues, Order a generic Marquee and put new Plexiglas on it.

I built a Virtual Pin for a co-worker last year. Total cost was $2800 with some wise shopping. Mine will be closer to $3500 as I am having a Pinball 2000 Cabinet custom built for me, with some custom engraving.

Also, the lady with the Judge Dredd told me she was offered $800 by caller #2, but she was more than happy with $500!!

#14 8 years ago

At least there are still some deals to be found. Too bad about Judge Dredd, that's a fun game.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwiz:

Don't worry those didn't sell that cheap. I called and was second in line. The guy called me back and was taking offers after so many people called him. He was already over twice his initial price. I told him no thanks and wasn't interested in a bidding war.

Good to know, don't think I personally would do that as a seller, but to each their own.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballwiz:

Hey, just figured out that I talked to you a week or so ago about my DM.

#17 8 years ago

Missed a $300 willams ij last year by 15 mins

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Missed a $300 willams ij last year by 15 mins

Ouch, was it in one piece?

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from GoVols:

Hey, just figured out that I talked to you a week or so ago about my DM.

Haha yeah that is right. You still selling it? Should sell here with no problem. Still got my Shadow up for sale. Hopefully a fellow pinsider in Chattanooga will pick it up soon.

#20 8 years ago

No, haven't officially decided to sell it yet, may trade it this weekend though, we'll see.

#21 8 years ago

Missed a 1250 wh20 by ten minutes, was not surprised. I am annoyed at Craigslist pinball shopping and find myself searching less and less there.

#22 8 years ago

Yea, CL can be extremely frustrating to say the least.

#23 8 years ago

Yeah, sometimes I wonder why I waste the time looking.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from ViriiGuy:

And I am betting it is our local pin flipper that is getting it. It will be back on CL in 2 weeks for $2500 ... you wait and see..

And you would be wrong...I know who got that JD and he is a great guy and by no means a flipper...He also collects "Movie themed" pins...Beleive me, it found a great home.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

And you would be wrong...I know who got that JD and he is a great guy and by no means a flipper...He also collects "Movie themed" pins...Beleive me, it found a great home.

Then I am by all means glad
The Flippers seem to get most of them on CL around here.

#26 8 years ago

bummer only 5 miles away
sure you will score next time things have away of working out

#27 8 years ago

Same story here in france with a judge dredd
Found a jd at 300 euros on a portal of a second hand store named troc.com
Took my credit card and bought in the evening.
Had the ticket to pickup the machine ! Yes...
But the morning after, checked my transaction with a call to the shop.
All is ok.
And 30 minutes after , they called to say it was a mistake with the it.....
And the machine appears on the local craiglist for sale at 1850..
No comment
No more jd thanks.

Post edited by lb45

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from ViriiGuy:

And I am betting it is our local pin flipper that is getting it. It will be back on CL in 2 weeks for $2500 ... you wait and see.
Ah well, can't win them all.

One of my local friends (who's a professional flipper) sent me a pic yesterday of a Judge Dredd that he had scored. Hmmmm...

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

One of my local friends (who's a professional flipper) sent me a pic yesterday of a Judge Dredd that he had scored. Hmmmm...

Hmmmm indeed.

#30 8 years ago

I missed a $600 Addams Family on CL when I was looking for my 2nd pin. Needless to say the ad was up for less than 24 hours.

#31 8 years ago

I can second the statement that it went to a good home and not a flipper... I can say this 100% certain because I am the one who bought it

(Btw, anyone want to buy a JD for $2500.00?? )

#32 8 years ago

Congrats on a great find. I'll give you 800 for it.

#33 8 years ago

I missed a $1400 NGG yesterday at 5am, but the posting got flagged so don't know if it was real

#34 8 years ago

Good one BV. Enjoy!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside