(Topic ID: 55662)

Danger Room in XMLE code 1.3 - COMPLETED!

By drshaw

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by drshaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

danger.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drshaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Sorry if this has been previously discussed, but I just HOLY SHIT! I just finished Danger Room!! Help me understand what just happened. I prefer stacking heroes so I play with that mode on (2 shots to start a hero). I got the Magneto SJP with all heroes started, but heroes were not finished. It's funny though, because Danger Room didn't become immediately available after Magneto mode. I played the ball for another few minutes without any mode started, played Ice Man mode again, flailed away, drained, and then on the new ball, Danger Room lit (wtf?) I started Danger Room and let me see if I can remember what happened:

(I love how all the shots in danger room correlate with the weapons and their positions on the DMD).

Phase 1: Small Ball Saver (1 ball). Had to hit Beast, Magneto and Phoenix. After that scoop lights. Hit scoop.
Phase 2: Another Small Ball Saver and an added ball (2 balls). Have to hit Beast, Magneto, Phoenix and both Nightcrawlers. After that scoop lights. Hit Scoop:
Phase 3: Another Small Ball Saver and an added ball (3 balls). Have to hit Beast, Magneto, Phoenix, and both Nightcrawlers and Brotherhood and Hell Fire targets (seemingly more than once?). After that Scoop lights. Hit Scoop:

Final Phase: Another Small Ball Saver and an added ball (4 balls). Have to hit Xavier, Storm, Ice Man. Constant (and random) night crawler popups block shots yet are worth 4M points. Nightcrawlers seem to coincide with brotherhood and hell fire targets. I was down to the final ball and FINALLY hit the storm shot I needed. Then Wolverine lights for the final shot. Hit that and BOOM Danger Room Finished. (106M total in DR mode)

Only finished with 189M, which isn't that great considering, and I didn't break my combo record (60 combos).

Question: Who is the final bad guy in Phase 4 of Danger Room? He was calling out all sorts of stuff but the volume on his voice was so low I couldn't quite make out most of it. I didn't recognize him. Anybody remember what he says? Is there a more detailed Danger Room (in its current version state) FAQ that someone has a link to?

Thanks for the indulgence,
DrShaw

Bonus Question: how many extra balls can you get from nightcrawler and after 3 heroes, what triggers him to start? I got the extra ball after finishing 3 heroes and nightcrawler, but he came up again after I randomly beat Sentinels, I beat him, and extra ball lit but I drained my last ball before collecting it. I thought you could only get one extra ball from nightcrawler... I've played him before and beat him without lighting extra ball in the past.

#3 10 years ago

Hahaha.. you bring up a good point: I should probably add a disclaimer that this is based off my memory, for better or worse (probably worse). I would like to see how close I got though!

#9 10 years ago

Yeah, that was definitely the guy. I may need to glass it this time to hear the callouts, because 1) I don't think I'll be able to get to his portion again, let alone finish it and 2) if I happen to, I won't be able to concentrate on the audio whilst flailing away trying not to drain.

Quoted from Rcade:

I have the full detailed rundown of DR wizard rules in my 1.24 rules breakdown.
Congrats! The requirements for qualifying DR are different with hero stacking ON or OFF. Still a hell of a marathon to finish the mode though, one of the more well thought out and implemented wizard modes in pinball IMO

I think so too, like I said earlier, the tie in with the DMD is really neat. I'll go read your rulesheet and thanks for doing it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drshaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/danger-room-in-xmle-code-13?tu=drshaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.