Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by jk2171
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Went to dealer to get my book on Twister, and lo and behold there sits a Harley Davidson pin. Knowing squat about the pinball world, the Harley pin is what I wanted to begin with, .. fits my game room decor and I am a rabid Harley guy, have had a couple in the past and currently riding a Electra Glide. Anyhooo, thinking about getting this one as well, but online research rated it so-so, if not lower than Twister. Anyone own this one (1966 vintage, Sega)... mucho less expensive than the 3rd edition Stern, but played (again, for novice me) fun. Comments?

#2 14 years ago

Hmmm .. never played it. I do know the guy bringing my Street Fighter II on tuesday will have a Harley Davidson 2nd Edition pinball on the truck. It's out of my price range even though he'd prolly go down from the $1700. It's his most expensive machine left and I'm sure it's because of the highly collectible nature. Like it says on IPDB only about 300 were made.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5277

If you think you are interested and in the US he will be traveling back to Colorado from Indiana this week. Here is his contact info:

Wolfman aka

Juke Joint Johnnie
Sales & Service of Vintage Coin Operated Equipment since 1974
Westminster Colorado
303-350-0635
[email protected]

#3 14 years ago

I am sure you know this, and I do not mean to be out-of-line by saying, but sometimes a pin. is alluring for the theme and what it means to someone and not so much for the game play.

For example, I bought what might arguably be my last pin. (unless I sell something or win a lotto) which was a Back to the Future (BTTF). If you look at IPDB for the title ( http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=126 ) it does not rate very highly, and some of the comments are downright scary. Of course, the old Data East bias might be a factor for some of the negative reviews on IPDB (and one sure seemed that way as the reviewer noted that Data East means Played the Least), yet I knew these comments before I bought. There is just something about the game that I like, so I used both good and bad comments and a lot of You Tube to watch the game play and listen to sounds before I made my decision. As there were only 3,000 units made it was not like I could just find a BTTF pin. and try it out before I decided to buy, thus I decided to take the risk. Perhaps you might be in a similar situation?

Always...

#4 14 years ago

I can only give one advice in these situations: Play it! Decide for yourself! If you are really a Harley Davidson fan, the theme could raise a mediocre game to a higher level. Don't get me wrong, I've never played it so I'm not saying that Harley Davidson is mediocre. I'm just saying that in cases where the theme really, really appeals to you, you should give the game a try and not just go with the general consensus surrounding a game.

By the way, there's also a Harley Davidson game from Bally, I played it years ago and remember enjoying the game ( http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/harley-davidson ).

#5 14 years ago

Just played a Harley 2nd edition over the weekend. Pretty cool game, and highly collectible which is why the price is where it's at. The wife loved it, and now she wants one...lol. It has some cool features, and like Robin said, if it fits your gameroom decor then it might be a no brainer. You gotta try it out though. I tried out a bunch of games this weekend I thought I'd like to own, and a lot of them did nothing for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dang-this-is-habit-forming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.