Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Bohdi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dreg604.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hello Everyone. I'm the guy who created the custom yagov sticker for the F-14 and decided to go a step further in pinball mod. This is a new mod I developped for the EAPTM pinball

Those are articulated skeletons toys that I modified and adapt to be easily fitted in the original Boogie Men area. I'm quite happy with the result and I listed a few of them for sale on eBay.

ebay.com link: Boogie Men to Skeletons Mod for Elvira and the Party Monsters Bally Pinball

Or simply watch the final result here:

Tell me what you think

Cheers

#10 10 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys! I know it's a bit sacrilegious, boogie men are classics, but when I play pinball I'm always asking myself "how it could have been better if it wasn't for the production cost"

That's why I came up with a mod that is not too invasive but add a bit more fun. My son laughs at it every time and for me that's all that counts.

As for myself I go an extra mile by actually removing the boogie plastic underneath, keeping the legs on the skeletons, painting the light bulb red and green, adding a Dracula figure behind them matching the "Thank you boys!" audio cue and putting some red velvet fabric to cover the wood area. Since it's only for home use I can live with the balls ending in dead spot on extremely rare occasions.

Oh! I also remove the original Elvira cauldron plastic, which is simply awesome and clearly not showcased well enough on the pinball, and put it at the entrance of the party ramp instead...to my advice, it just makes more sense with the "Quick! head for the cauldron" audio cue during multiball...I know... sacrilegious ;p

I just guess that foolin' around with your pinball is part of the fun. Should I ever sell it back one day, which I strongly doubt, I can always bring it back to it's original condition in a jiffy.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from BadBrad97:

OK. The boogie men are supposed to be scary. Those skeletons are funny. That is not what Elvira is all about.

Interesting interpretation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dreg604.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dancing-skeletons-mod-for-elvira-and-the-party-monsters?tu=dreg604 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.