6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by QuietEarp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

I am also not sure if the 100,000 unit and point units wipers are adjusted correctly and am confused about the -1 position and zero position.
It seems like that is where the action stops as I am not getting the ball release solenoid and am not getting any 10,000 unit motion.
Any ideas for me?

The reset position of the 100,000 unit is called the -1 position. At the start of a new game the 100,000 unit reset coil fires and its wiper disk unwinds to its -1 or reset position. The 10,000 unit should then advance (not reset) until it reaches its zero position. Once the 10,000 unit is back at zero the 100,000 unit takes a single step to its zero position and the game should be good to go.

During the reset sequence, a normally open (NO) switch on the U relay should close allowing pulses from a NO score motor 1A switch to get to the "Add 10,000 unit" coil. Since the U relay is firing, I'd check the NO switch on the U relay (slate-red to black-red wires) and make sure it's working properly.

/Mark

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

I jumpered the switch so the score motor would keep turning and the 10,000 unit did advance to 0, and then the 100,000 unit steps up. This makes me think that the 100,000 unit is in the correct -1 position.

Ok, so the issue seems to be that the score motor isn't being run long enough to let the game finish resetting. Series switches on the U/Reset and S/Start relays both need to close to run the score motor, as does a switch on the Q/Dance At Reset relay. I wonder if the Q relay gets the motor started briefly as you observed, but that the series U and S relay switches aren't closing to keep the motor running.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dancing-dolls-start-up?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.