• 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jaytrem
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

no-soup-for-nvrgjp (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doghouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

I have to say that my dealings with Dan Tiemyer were likewise strange and kind of crappy. I posted an ad on Pinside looking for an Ice Fever cabinet, as a very nice Ice Fever with a badly water damaged cabinet was donated to The Pinball Asylum, our non-profit pinball venue here in Florida.

A friend of Dan's replied here via DM and gave me his telephone number saying that he spoke with Dan and Dan said he'd sell us an empty Ice Fever cabinet for $200.

I called Dan and he literally talked my ear off for over 40 minutes, telling me a dozen different pinball stories, beginning in the 1970s up until the 1990s when I told him I had to leave to run an errand. He was very friendly, though definitely pretty odd. I love eccentric characters, especially the many I have met in this hobby, so in the end we made a deal at $250, which included him strapping the empty cabinet to a pallet, and me having the cabinet picked-up at his place.

I mailed him a check as he suggested in early July. I didn't hear back, so I texted him July 30th. Here's a cut and paste of the text exchange.

July 30 (David)
Hi Dan! This is David from the Pinball asylum. Did you get our check?

July 30 (Dan)
Yes. I returned it. I would lose a lot and work a lot. Included the page you sent, with added info.

July 31 (David)
That's a bummer. I thought we made a deal and I was counting on having that cabinet.

July 31 (Dan)
By the time I get it out, pack it, which don't have supplies, would take hours and running around. Plus, pay ship bill, too. Be cheaper and time saver to just ditch it. I bet I wouldn't break even. Have to stop all other work, possibly for days. The price we agreed on was for cabinet. Sometime soon, will wanna relocate. A lot of NICE stuff will be left. I've been here 33 years. That's long enough. Both parents gone, now. I decided, instead of lose time and money on this mess, to return your check and get other things done. There's no way I could come out. There's no way to break even. If you wanna pick it up, give me a few days notice to dig out, and I'll even give you a STAMPED envelope. I don't even know if worth 200 to dig out, but must, someday.

August 2 (Dan)
I mailed the check in an envelope, and it came back "return to sender". It appears your return address was invalid, because that's where it was sent.

**** Note that I was paying for shipping, and that I paid him an extra $50 for palletizing. I never did receive the check back, but at least he didn't cash it.

Strange dude.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
$ 199.95
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 10.00
Lighting
Yoppsicle
Lighting
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes
Cabinet parts
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doghouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dan-tiemeyer-beware-mr-pinball?tu=doghouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.