• 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jaytrem
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

no-soup-for-nvrgjp (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFixin:

This seems weird to me. I emailed Dan Tiemeyer on Mr Pinball asking about a classic stern "lockdown rail". Here is the email conversation:
------------------------------------------------
Me: You have a classic stern lockdown rail for a widebody. Are you referring to the lockdown bar, or the lockdown receiver?
Dan: The lockdown rail bat.
(3 hours later) Dan: I'm referring to what I described. Anything else would be stupid and retarded.
Me: I've never heard of a lockdown rail bat. Nothing on the internet comes up as such. You should heed your own response of "Stupid and Retarded", because that is you.
Dan: Lockdown rail is it locks down and is a rail. Nevertheless, you have been disowned. Please include your address, so you can't have a neighbor, or, anyone else in your town order for you. Rather fill landfill. Ha ha ha
(3 mins later): Dan: If I were a judge, you'd get 1 MILLIiON YEARS in jail.
(1 min later): Dan: Or a million swats with a paddle with holes and nails.
-------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know this Dan Tiemeyer guy? He appears to be an operator that does auctions, and someone else posted that he scammed them out of a Bally Paragon on these forums. Yeah, I could have said my second response better, but he was totally rude, like he doesn't even want to sell his parts. I emailed Dana just letting him know, that users of his site shouldn't have to deal with completely rude and harassing people via email. I just thought everyone should know, he seems like an interesting character who I would never do business with.
-Pat

I know the man. Chased a couple of pins with him. Did a 70 mile round trip with him; It was a long, real long 70 mile ride. I have been in his house. He has been in mine.

Here is what he is not:

He is not a conversationalist. I would assume he got thru high school but that is guess. Phone calls with him can be torture.

He is not a crook, at least to my knowledge. When you say someone said he scammed them out of a Paragon, I have a little trouble believing that. but I have not done business with him. I do know that he seems to get max dollar out of what he sells. At least, this is what I pick up for his conversations.

His not not anyone I want hang with.

Here is what he is.

He is a nice guy, but as noted, not a great conversationist.

He is a controller. Wants to be top dog. But his limited conversational skills and limited education drives him to be in control of the conversation by shifting the conversation to things he knows about. This is why we all get to hear his stories about how he bought a Stern Catacomb for $300.00. With a little bit of probing, you discover he is talking about something that happened in 1995. Or 1990. Or 2001. etc.

One thing about controllers is that to puff theirselves up, they have to put you under their thumb.

He is a hustler. He has never had a paycheck, that I am aware of and works for his money. No benefits. No pension. I had employment benefits and a now a pension. I respect him in that he manages to keep going. The gears in his mind are always clicking on working the next deal.

I don't know what his attitude was about with you other than you questioned him and made him be not in control.

I think you are talking about the Stern wide body lockdown bar he told me he put on Mr. Pinball a few months ago. His asking price took my breath away; Fortunately, I have my Stern lockdown bar needs met and did not have to pay up.

Anyway, if you are interested , I might be able to feed him a line of shit and get the lockdown bar and ship it to you. If this interests you, send me a PM with a link to the Mr. Pinball ad so I can figure out what is going on and I can see if I can help you out.

Back you you.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFixin:

Thanks I appreciate it. I don't stoop down to "their" level to deal with them. No one, in my life, deserves that from me. I can find the lockdown rail bat somewhere else. So, once again I appreciate the offer, but seriously, I am never dealing with the guy again, in fact I'm hoping I never see him or have to speak to him, ever.
You don't be an asshole, like he was, to people you don't know, ever. Most everyone I give second chances to, but not people like that.
-Pat

Quoted from Mbecker:

Are you sure though, really?? I have a strange feeling this may be your only opportunity to purchase a lockdown rail bat. I believe they’re quite rare, from what Ive heard.

I have been in sales. I used to be in business. You learn rather fast in business that you are going to eat some shit as you try to cover that monthly nut.

I get where you are coming from, but if someone has what you need at a price that you can afford, you eat the shit and hand over your money. It is not like you have to sit down and have pizza and beer with him.

Hell, in this case, you don't even have to worry about him since I am making this offer. Stern lockdown bars are getting R-E-A-L hard to find. Stern wide body lockdown bars are moving into unicorn status.

You are lucky that I did not need that wide lock bar or you would still be looking.

It is not like you are giving money to a mass murderer or child molester. My offer to you means you don't have to see him or speak with him. And I am not even trying to cut myself into the action. May offer is a freebie. Think about it real hard.

PM me with the relevant info. if you change your mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 199.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dan-tiemeyer-beware-mr-pinball?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.