Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
12-monkeys_2.gif
Hulk2.jpg
Fail2.gif
#1 10 years ago

Didn't know I was meeting him, nor did he know he was meeting me. I responded to his CL ad and stopped by his house after work to check out his Cue Ball Wizard. We played a few games of that and his Grand Lizard which he is also selling.

Dan asked if I wanted to play some other games, and I was like, hell yeah, AC/DC! Wow! What an amazing game! Then we moved over to Spider-Man, another super game, and while bullshitting I asked if he was on Pinside and then asked his handle. He told me, but I still don't really pay attention to handles on here, so didn't make the connection. I told him my handle and it didn't click with him either. I noticed he has Simpsons Party Pinball and I was cracking up when I told him the rash of shit I got from Pinside members because I had the audacity to buy it for $900 and sell for $3000. Hahaha

Dan was like, oh shit! I think you and I exchanged some words today in that Stargate thread! I said, wait, you're the guy who said I drink PBR cause I live in WV and I replied with a pic of me holding a PBR? I think we both nearly fell over from laughing so hard about this coincidence.

We exchanged some funny stories, had a beer and a lot of laughs. He showed me around his gorgeous home and were checking out his pins and bar, etc. Could've stayed a while longer, but had to get home.

Anyway, just goes to show that none of us really know each other except for the pinball/forum side of each other. Glad we met and I'm sure we'll hang out occasionally and play pinball over a beer or three.

Anyone else ever meet a Pinsider like that through a CL ad and then realize you already know each other online?

#2 10 years ago

Here we go

#3 10 years ago

You'd never know it from his posts here...seems a bit of a head case. Ban votes and 2339 penalized Karma points speak for themselves. Point and case...

Highjacked for sale threads

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-iron-man
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nib-tron-le-still-13500-but-will-add-mods-in-northern-nj
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-iron-man-1#post-1130276

Selling a TZ turns into a "look how much money I have"
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ft-twilight-zone-maryland

Quoted from houseofpin:

truly, thank god I can buy whatever I want and I assure you I can

Quoted from houseofpin:

minimum wage isn't my thing

Quoted from houseofpin:

I can afford any prices that come my way

Maybe Dan is a nice guy in person but his posts are epic fails

Fail2.gifFail2.gif

#4 10 years ago

How many hours did he go on and on about the value of his games, price bubbles, how rich he is & how much better than you he is? Must have been a blast! Did HE talk LIKE this THE whole TIME?

#5 10 years ago

In my opinion, the anonymity of the interwebz can bring out the worst in people. The thing is, for the worst to come out it had to be in there somewhere in the first place.

#6 10 years ago

Let's keep this on topic:

"Anyone else ever meet a Pinsider like that through a CL ad and then realize you already know each other online?"

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How many hours did he go on and on about the value of his games, price bubbles, how rich he is & how much better than you he is? Must have been a blast! Did HE talk LIKE this THE whole TIME?

Not at all. We played pinball and shot the shit and he had nothing but great things to say about of few friends he has on here and he's lucky to have their help with fixing and maintaining his games. Wish I had more time to hang out and play Iron Man.

I still can't get over what an incredible game ACDC is!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Let's keep this on topic:

"Anyone else ever meet a Pinsider like that through a CL ad and then realize you already know each other online?"

If that was indeed the point of the topic, you should consider changing the subject line.

#9 10 years ago

Yup -the internet's a strange thing. Nearly all of the people I've met through pinball are great guys. Trustworthy, good to hang with for a few games, helpful, and sometimes even generous enough to offer up their own time to help fix a machine!
Of course, exchanging views on Pinside is another world.
A month or two ago, I got caught up in an exchange on here. So frustrating. Since then, I've tried to at least be a little more respectful in my posts. I will stoop to insults if someone's really being ignorant but for the most part, that's rarely necessary.

What I find funniest of all is that out of the general population, very very few of us enjoy pinball. For that reason alone, I would have thought we'd all be "pin-brothers". More like the opposite: "You like Stern? I like JJP! It's go time!!!"

TO answer your question, we were at a local get-together a while back and complete strangers realized that they knew each other's avatars even though they'd never met in person.
Weird.

Congrats though! Meeting a new pin-buddy is a great thing!

#10 10 years ago

I've known Dan since December 2008 when I fixed a few of his pinball machines. I consider him a friend. And even though I don't agree with everything he posts, I am still proud to say I know him.

If you went to his house and knocked on the door, the man that would answer is nothing like what you would expect based upon what he posts.

Dan, if you read this, I think you should have a pinball party and invite all of pinside.

#11 10 years ago

Dann Frank aka Danger Dann. Known him since the late 70's.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Tom_in_NoVA:

I've known Dan since December 2008 when I fixed a few of his pinball machines. I consider him a friend. And even though I don't agree with everything he posts, I am still proud to say I know him.
If you went to his house and knocked on the door, the man that would answer is nothing like what you would expect based upon what he posts.
Dan, if you read this, I think you should have a pinball party and invite all of pinside.

Tom, you're one of the guys Dan was saying was good friend and a great guy. Would be cool to meet you sometime. I 2nd a party!

#13 10 years ago

Richard (i.e. POMC) Thanks for the kind words. You are a really nice guy as well. You are "one of a kind" (in a very good way...lol). I truly enjoyed your visit and wish you could have stayed longer. I do want to apologize on PINSIDE for my behavior toward you on PINSIDE. If people met you in person they would all really like you A LOT like I did.

My good friend Tom (who is the nicest guy I have ever met and probably will ever meet !!!) posted for me to have a pinside party and I will be planning one down the road and I am definitely considering it. So you will get a chance to play IM but you can always just stop by my house anytime !!! Glad you enjoyed AC/DC and it seemed like you enjoyed SM as well. Pinball is a great hobby and truly I have met a lot of nice pinsiders in person and have yet to meet one in person that I have not really liked a lot.

Thanks again for your kind post....it took a lot of "guts" but that is what you are ALL ABOUT and probably why the two of us got along so well in person !!! Also, I did look at that bar you built and HOLY SH** you are so talented it looks so nice. Hopefully, someday when I am out that way (which happens now and then) we can have a beer (Pabst, Blue Ribbon is fine with me....LOL) and continue what I hope will be a good friendship as you are a GREAT GUY !!!

#14 10 years ago

This is a bromance made in heaven!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Different guy. Is he even on here? His business is "House of Pinball", not "pins"...
Bought my first game from him.

#16 10 years ago

house of pins is a real person? well I just lost 10 bucks

#17 10 years ago

Erik......my wife sometimes wonders "if I am for real"....LOL. The woman is a saint to say the least.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Different guy. Is he even on here? His business is "House of Pinball", not "pins"...Bought my first game from him.

I did too. A "sample" IJ (billed as a "prototype"). I overpaid then but I know better now. Fun game and I had it five years.

#19 10 years ago

I imagine most anyone here would enjoy hanging out with most everyone here in person talking about and playing pins. We all share the same passion. I am looking forward to meeting some of you at the York Show in October. Have already met and hung out with PoMC and he has been nothing but helpful to me where my pins and arcade are concerned, and a cool dude to hang out with. Who knew when I bought my MAME arcade in July, I would make a new friend in the process. I am sure many of you have had the same experience over the years.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

He's in Phoenix, right?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from KenH:

He's in Phoenix, right?

Danger Dann is in Scottsdale AZ.
Great guy!!

#22 10 years ago

POMC is a really nice guy. No surprise he helped you out VLADTHEIMPALER.

There are some really nice local pinsiders I have met as well. This is a great area and there are a ton of nice pinsiders in Virginia where you are located. You should go to the Fairfax tournament they have in February or March. I hear it is fun and will probably go myself this year. I did stop by and met Trent (big distributor) as I wanted to meet him before I gave him a nice check....LOL !!! Trent one the tournament and I told my wife I was going to go next year and play in it....HEY, someone has to come in LAST and that will be me....I stink at pinball but it is so much fun.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

POMC is a really nice guy. No surprise he helped you out VLADTHEIMPALER.
There are some really nice local pinsiders I have met as well. This is a great area and there are a ton of nice pinsiders in Virginia where you are located. You should go to the Fairfax tournament they have in February or March. I hear it is fun and will probably go myself this year. I did stop by and met Trent (big distributor) as I wanted to meet him before I gave him a nice check....LOL !!! Trent one the tournament and I told my wife I was going to go next year and play in it....HEY, someone has to come in LAST and that will be me....I stink at pinball but it is so much fun.

yeah, I look forward to meeting all the local pinsiders at some point. I will definitely go to that tourney, and you and I can compete for last place, how about that??? Is Trent from Ohio? I seem to remember seeing something somewhere about someone getting a Metallica Pro from him. Maybe I can swing getting one by February or March and get him to bring it with him when he comes to Fairfax.

#24 10 years ago

He should sell me his Grand Lizard

#25 10 years ago

Houseofpin is the only member I ever had an argue on pinside. The only one. Have not been here for long but it got nasty one night a few months ago. So easy to type anything on the internet. So easy to take things the wrong way too sometimes.

If you had a good time, happy for you and makes me wonder if the internet really helps judging caracter. For me this is a place to have fun. I don't like being upset and people don't like me when i'm angry. Take care guys.

#26 10 years ago

I also met Dan recently. Bought a Tron Pro from him. Great guy and fun to hang out with. Went out of his way to deliver the machine to my house which is over an hour away (which he didn't charge me a dime for). Met his wife and kids and they were all great. I consider him a friend. My brother and I look forward to hanging out with him sometime soon.

#27 10 years ago

Does good guy Dan ever get annoyed at Internet wizbang houseofpin?

Does houseofpin sometimes purposely troll good guy Dan and other Pinsiders?

#28 10 years ago

Did the TZ ever sell?

#29 10 years ago

people don't like me when i'm angry.

Hulk2.jpgHulk2.jpg

#30 10 years ago

Wild E (aka Robbie) thank you for the nice post. Truly, you are one of the nicest guys ever. I love the jukebox as well !!!! You are always welcome to come over and bring your brother. He is a funny guy who truly thinks the world of you.

You are one of the many nice pinsiders I have met. Unfortunately, some of my posts are made to "get under the skin" of some people on here that love to try to entice an "HOP MELTDOWN". LOL !!!! They love to do it and look for opportunities so when I post to aggravate them it is read by everyone and they don't understand the intention behind my post (nobody knows the history between myself and a few of the pinsiders on here who get satisfaction by "getting my NY Italian blood going". Most of them would not try to upset me in person but behind their computers they enjoy it.

I was a JERK with POMC who started this thread. He is the nicest guy you would ever want to meet and I took his posts the wrong way and took some "cheap shots at him". For that I am VERY EMBARRASSED and truly it taught me a valuable lesson. However, when he came over and told me about this guy who was taking shots at him he will tell everyone that once I figured out who he was I TOLD HIM I WAS House of Pin and it was me who said a lot of those things. I truly wonder how many others would have come clean but that is who I am. Anything I say I would say to someones face and take the consequences. HOWEVER, with POMC I was EMBARRASSED and wrong and I am glad he FORGAVE ME. I benefitted as I WAS THE JERK in that situation. Yes, I make mistakes about people and things on here can be taken out of context.

However, my true pinside friends (which I do have a bunch....lol) know what I am about. I would do anything for a nice person as you know....LOL !!! They don't come much nicer then ROBBIE and I appreciate your kind words.

I learned one thing through the e-mails, phone calls and posts that I even have more pinside friends then I knew about.....was very humbling to be honest. So for my TROLLERS (you know who you are) and HOP haters (you know who you are) don't be surprised if I know more about you then you would ever believe was possible. Maybe the "pinside friends" you know are also good friends of mine.....that is the case in with some of you and I am sure our paths will cross someday.....LOL !!!!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

So for my TROLLERS (you know who you are) and HOP haters (you know who you are) don't be surprised if I know more about you then you would ever believe was possible. Maybe the "pinside friends" you know are also good friends of mine.....that is the case in with some of you and I am sure our paths will cross someday.....LOL !!!!

disturbing

#32 10 years ago

LOL...why would that be disturbing. My point is everyone likes to hide behind their computer and it is a "small world" as myself and POMC found out. My point was I wonder how many people who had nasty things to say to me would say it to my face. I came clean with POMC and was EMBARRASSED by what I said after I met him. I was wrong and I truly felt bad and like the guy.

Everyone on here thinks they know the other person by what they post. The people that truly know me I feel like me a lot and I like them. I would just say sometimes you get confirmation about someone else by someone that might know them personally. I have no doubt most people (I would like to think everyone but you never know) that know me personally would tell someone who asked about me nice things. That was my point. It wasn't meant to be "disturbing" it was just meant to prove a point that PINSIDE is a small world and you would be surprised how many people know each of us when we talk in person. There are a lot of people who know me that have met me and vice versa and I find it interesting what some of them think of the "other guy" was my point.

I have NEVER nor will I EVER talk about my pinside friends. I do this because I know at times "I go overboard" and most of my pinside friends are not that way. They understand knowing me why I do it (i.e. I attack when attacked....most of them take the other approach and I respect them for that). That is why I never act like I know any of them as the last thing I want is for any of them to be "tarnished" by my actions. That is why I have been surprised at some of the support I have gotten and truly amazed. That is true friends....when someone is my friend I would DO ANYTHING for them and I believe anyone that knows me becomes aware of that quickly.

I truly apologize as "disturbing" it was not meant to be. Taylor you just don't understand some of the posters who have TROLLED ME (not that I care all that much it just tells me they have no life)....they love to start up and then I get in trouble and get me to type something so they can contact one of their "moderator friends" and get me a Ban Vote (in the moderators defense they don't know the history between each pinsider and what might have been said in the past so I don't blame them)....hey, I am not INNOCENT but they love to "pull my chain" and I just wonder if they would do it in person was my point. I truly doubt it. Enough said. Wasn't meant to be a threat either but a few people ruin it for the rest of us. POMC also doesn't take "SH**" and he is a really nice guy. People (just like me) wouldn't know it by his posts sometimes but sometimes their is a HISTORY between posters that people reading the posts are UNAWARE OF. There is a certain poster in Northern Virginia who truly I never bother who loves to pull my chain. So I guess that makes me the A**HOLE when I give a "wise A**" response back to him that everyone reads. I am sure he loves it when he comes across as the "good guy".....LOL. I just laugh to myself.

Again, I apologize if it came across the wrong way. Their were a couple of guys late one night that said some really rotten things about my daughter. TRUST ME, I never forgot as they are in states far away and she is 16 and they know nothing about her. But they said things over the internet that I promise you they would have never said to my face. So nobody knows the history of any of us on pinside is my point. When those individuals "troll my post" sure I come across cocky but it is the best way to "get to them"....even if I upset others without meaning to.

Enough said.....I am done getting BAN VOTES so I try to keep things civil now as I do enjoy the site and MOST OF THE PINSIDERS are REALLY GOOD PEOPLE. Robin is a nice person and has a great site. I owe it to him and my pinsider friends to keep it friendly even at times when I truly don't want to. THIS IS A GREAT SITE loaded with a lot of SMART AND NICE PEOPLE.

I APPRECIATE ROBIN letting us have fun in her HOUSE......THANK YOU ROBIN !!!!

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

HOWEVER, with POMC I was EMBARRASSED and wrong and I am glad he FORGAVE ME. I benefitted as I WAS THE JERK in that situation. Yes, I make mistakes about people and things on here can be taken out of context.

Thats very admirable. It does say a lot and probably why folks are saying good things about you. Great to hear.

Quoted from houseofpin:

So for my TROLLERS (you know who you are) and HOP haters (you know who you are)

No hate. I do think you should not post 8 times and 6 paragraphs long in for sale posts. Over and over it happens. I never cared if you bought my pin. I sold it. I cared that your posts are not appropriate or relevant at that time. I truly believe you don't mean it but you don't seem to care as well.
On the flip side I have agreed with a lot of your recent opinions and found them relevant .

Quoted from houseofpin:

Maybe the "pinside friends" you know are also good friends of mine.....that is the case in with some of you and I am sure our paths will cross someday.

Not admirable. I know we know the same people and not sure if thats a joke or a threat. If its the second lets not trash our friends home. Come see me at my Dojang and we can grab some time on the mat ; )

Our friends homes are for beers and pins : )

#34 10 years ago

I agree and it was not a threat. My point was truly I am here to help regardless of what people feel. That has always been my intention and always will be. As with the "flippers" truly I feel bad for a lot of pinsiders that could use a good deal. I know both myself and you don't need a good deal as we are both similar more then different in that respect. However, and I will not name names I have met so many nice pinsiders that are not as fortunate as a lot of us. I get mad on their behalf to be honest. Damn, I didn't get one great deal (maybe some good ones) over my buying spree. However, I was fortunate enough that I was still able to buy and many are not.

I truly feel for them as I am very lucky and know it. Well, I truly have to leave and pick up some lunch for the guys heading out and then head to the course to meet some friends and then rush to the Capital games.

I appreciate your post. Life is too short. Does anyone think it was easy for me to come back after my ban. Unfortunately, nobody knew why I got so upset and acted so badly. I can tell everyone that some others crossed the line before me. I WAS STUPID to use my sons account (which he only posted like 5 or 6 posts) to make one STUPID POST which said "I MISS HOUSE OF PIN...."....it was meant to be a joke after TDA told me to stop posting. Before you knew it the posts that were made by that other name (my sons account that truly I believe their were like 200 karma points...lol) were me "supposedly trying to manipulate prices".....it was embarrassing as it truly was meant to be a JOKE !!!! That is why I did not get a PERMANENT BAN because I believe the "powers to be" saw that I truly was not trying to use that second name to cause any issues on PINSIDE (because I wasn't). I give Robin a lot of credit as HE IS VERY FAIR and truly I hope someday to meet him.

Enough said....I know I ramble but that is me. I have to run and be done.

Thanks for your nice post. I am taking the Dojang (whatever that is) comment as a JOKE so we can both move on. Truly, I always like to meet people and let them know me before I come to any conclusion and have a "short memory" as I feel life is too short to not try to make everyone your friend. I live by that as I try to like everyone I really do. However, the guys who made those comments about my daughter crossed the line and it is really THEM I was referring to as anyone can say anything about me BUT LEAVE MY FAMILY out of it. My wife will not even tell me anymore if someone says anything to her or the kids....she is tired of me going to court for "peace orders" as that is the only time I become a TRUE NUT is when my family is attacked. The wife knows that all too well as she got tired of going to the Frederick Court house....LOL !!! So now she keeps those things a secret and hopes I don't hear them...again the Italian NY in me (I was brought up better to take a beating then to lose your pride.....my father when I was a young kid once beat the SH** out of me because I didn't stick up for myself and told me "a beating only hurts for a few days but I coward has to live with the embarrassment the rest of their life". Lets say I had to take a lot of beatings so I got used to them......damn, I wouldn't know what to do if I ever won a fight....LOL !!! Plus, I have never met someone that can hit as hard as my Brooklyn, NY dad !!!! I always told him "thanks, for making me intolerant to pain"....LOL....but the truth.

Thanks for the "overall" nice post.

#35 10 years ago

LOL....also, one last thing. Trashing our friends homes would cost us too much. Neither of us would be able to buy any pins as we would have to replace theirs.....so I like to think both of us would never be that stupid....I gotta run !!!

Yeah, I can see it now.....great....you just threw me through a CV.....that would be not good for either of us.....neither of us would get invited back and both of us would have one less friend.....I would opt for the Dojay mat whatever that is (sounds less expensive). LOL !!!!

Have a nice day...I really am running late but you kinda made my day so thank you. I just need to figure out what a Dojay mat is......maybe my friends can tell me on the course.....and I know you are joking or at least am taking it that way as your post was overall very nice.

#36 10 years ago

12-monkeys_2.gif12-monkeys_2.gif

#37 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#38 10 years ago

Someone likes to type.

1 year later
#39 8 years ago

Does anybody know where in Arizona I can find Dan Frank? Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dan-aka-houseofpins-good-guy-met-him-last-night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.