Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by frunch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi, I just picked up this D&D ... Everything "seems" to be working properly when it is turned on > however, it will not start the game. I have tried dropping 2 quarters in coin slot > makes sound but screen never says 1/2 credit or 1 credit ... and when press START/COIN DOOR button > nothing happens ... also tried setting to FREE PLAY (65 and hit ENTER on Key pad) ... and nothing (BTW > Screen never said FREE PLAY) ... the only thing I have done to game is replaced the broken GROUND STRAP from coin door to cabinet with a thick piece of wire ... Fuses look good but haven't checked them ... Could it be a fuse? or could the START/CREDIT button on coin door be bad (or that diode on that switch got fried?) ... Coin door switch is definitely making contact ... THANKS

#2 4 years ago

I always pull all the fuses on any new game--not only to test them, but to verify they're the correct type and rating. If fuses look good, try the switch test and see if it recognizes when you push the start button (make sure the balls are out of the game when you do this)...come to think of it, do you have the correct amount of balls in the game?

#3 4 years ago

CORRECT NUMBER OF BALLS > It should ... I worked for years (according to guy I got it from) ... I will check that tho !! BTW > Boards look good ... remote mounted battery ... probably dead ... (guy had it for 15 years but hadn't played it in few years) ...

ALSO > will try SELF TEST and then check fuses

THANKS !!

#4 4 years ago

has 4 balls (game has 3 ball multiball) ...

It does say FREE PLAY on the display (after I program that setting) ...

tried self test > couldn't get to test credit switch ..?

took out all fuses and tested (all good) and cleaned ends with a Scotch Bite pad > GAME WORKS !!!!! WOO HOO !!

@ FRUNCH > THANK YOU !!!

#5 4 years ago

Nice!!! Enjoy your game!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dampd-won-t-start-game-gt-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.