(Topic ID: 68506)

Damn you, Rick Bartlett!!

By Bryan_Kelly

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130526_114214_173-172.jpg
    5899789460_794e33c211_z.jpg
    funny-retirement-money-comic-job.jpg
    147975.gif
    knitting.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 10 years ago
    Quoted from DirtySouth:

I would still value a top end restore of an original game substantially over a remake. JMHO, of course.

But would you pay for one?

#158 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

This is another reason I would prefer an original MM. All this talk about those old WPC 95 boards being unreliable is BS. And even when I do have a problem, they are generally fairly easy to repair. That won't be the case with these new boards.

You're right. That's why you buy a new one. For $40.

#165 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Agreed! There will always be demand for "better than new", for some collectors. And if some of you have never seen what these professional restorers do to a game (in person), you cant appreciate it. They're almost to nice to play.

As HUO has always been plenty good for me, settling for just ordinary "new" will be easy. And will be played.

#166 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

I much rather just replace a few transistors for $5.00. If you're into swaptronics, have at it.

Time is money. But I'm with you. Maybe in a few years those boards will be $5 too. That's usually how electronics works.

#167 10 years ago

You gotta hand it to HEP. Anyone that earns 100% of their living restoring games for a dying (it was once anyway) hobby wheels his balls around in front of him with a wheel barrow.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-you-rick-bartlett?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.