(Topic ID: 68506)

Damn you, Rick Bartlett!!

By Bryan_Kelly

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130526_114214_173-172.jpg
    5899789460_794e33c211_z.jpg
    funny-retirement-money-comic-job.jpg
    147975.gif
    knitting.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tortelvis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 10 years ago

The remake of MM is really fascinating when you stop and think about it. I think when all the consequences work their way through the hobby, this will effect a very large percentage of the people involved with pinball, if not just about everyone in the hobby. As the op stated, there are going to be people, at least in the short term, that are not going to commission projects. Plus some of the people that do their own restorations are probably not doing some. This has got to effect sales of things like replacement decals, plastics, playfields, ramps, etc. If I had a game that was players quality and was one of the ones rumored to have a chance of being remade, there is no way I'd buy something like a new playfield for it. If now sales of playfields for games like MB and AFM grind to a halt, what is that going to do the company that invested in making them? Could that discourage future growth in other parts offerings in the future?

Overall, I am glad to see these games being remade, and I am sure the people involved like Rick had no intention of harming anyone, but when this much money shifts in one direction, there are consequences. Definitely winners and losers in this. I think we are all glad to see flippers go into the losers category, but I think pro restorers, playfield restorers, decal suppliers, playfield reproducers, powder coaters, chrome platers, Stern, boutique makers, etc. are all going to be hit in the pocketbook from this. Hopefully long term everyone survives this, but who knows?

Interesting times to be in the hobby for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tortelvis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-you-rick-bartlett?tu=Tortelvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.