Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 476 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Gunnut40
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1700 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1701 (resized).jpeg
    20230128_171231.jpg
    20230128_171142.jpg
    D03D3DC1-D198-4A6A-A210-100A67640D0F (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221219_103716_Gallery (resized).jpg
    DB5C7669-D383-4901-A692-7B31015F0220 (resized).jpeg
    08CE9739-2468-4F38-B7CA-B9B145BFC4E9 (resized).jpeg
    C2382C84-CA2E-4C4D-9B1B-78A2612BD656 (resized).jpeg
    1ED4FA0B-6954-4F4B-B56F-4645BA170AC8 (resized).png
    22AEF4FC-166E-40CA-BD1C-AC1CE1D381C6 (resized).png
    69000402 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    D52BC1EC-9E54-4304-86A4-F2B260734416 (resized).jpeg
    2a549ec9109f813f241c7b0f87dd8abfe776731e (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

The only way I would want more Magic is if the artifacts were real.

Really though having had three brain surgeries and a stroke last year, I no longer care much for video games.

Although I sold out of Magic Ten years ago I am pulled back in. Those Freaking Cards the foils especially are like crack to me. Any suggestions besides run away as fast as possible for a returning player?

#4 7 years ago

Yes I sold my collection about 20 years ago.
    I needed the money badly and it was the smart thing to do but I regret it.

I kept some of the really crazy power nine, those cards are extremely valuable now eh? I am eyeballing the kaladesh masterpieces what is wrong with me. You would think that sol ring actually does something.

Less is more now for me, I guess into longer need them "all".

Let's keep our club going. Does anyone have a favorite box? Also I am interested in key foils.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8 7 years ago

The mythic rates are nothing like the subset cash grabs like the kaladesh masterpieces which are all new art reprints. A subset of roughly a 100 cards that come 1 in every four booster boxes, it's got to be more futile buying boxes than it was back in legends. I picked up a box of kaladesh and got zero masterpieces. They look amazing, though.

#15 7 years ago

The prior crazy subset was lands, zendikar expeditions or something like that. Still insane rarity and cost.

I did make good money off Magic and played through a large chunk of the 90s sold all my cards mostly for a tidy profit at the time.
    Although I am divorced all the money I consistently made in Magic made my ex wife shut up about my Hobbies.

I ended up actually making about an extra grand when all was said and done. Not bad for a hobby that I spent a lot of time playing. The only real regret about Magic I ever had was mass selling off the cards. Oh well. Live and learn.

#16 7 years ago

My friend who played with me back in the day just sold his old collection for almost 4 thousand two weeks ago. 4K he made 2 house payments.

These cards if you have them are probably your most valuable old collectible right now.

#19 7 years ago

From what I've seen anything prior to the dark is gold, dual lands are a lot. I used to hate to get those but eventually learned to love them.

#20 7 years ago

The one thing I really like is you can hunt cards on the Internet.

I target foils I can easily do this on eBay and others.

#23 7 years ago

The older cards are insanely priced now, and I believe it is due to rarity, very few made of the sets.

I sold a perfect set of legends and Arabians back in the day. Alpha beta and unlimited are printed gold right now. I have a couple cards I want to get appraised.

I went through a 10000 comic collection after my stroke and 3 brain surgeries but found out my few Magic cards I kept are worth far more than any of my other collectibles.

Sadly, or fortunately, here I am buying and playing again. I'll go with fortunately.

#41 7 years ago

When I quit I was playing online a lot I had a wonderful prismatic singleton deck that was nearly all foil very nice and fun to play.

When they switched the client I was out. It sucked so bad I think almost everyone quit. It was a slow painful death for Magic online at the time but they survived.

I like the actual physical cards again but I am sticking with selective buying.

#81 7 years ago

I'm building out a bad ass 2 decks plus a commander deck and try to just stay marginally involved.

I noticed there are some good art books each release that almost fully Appeals to me. I really want to find an art book on the old cards.

Also whenever I attend a show like banning or pin a go go I'm gonna throw it out there to play some magic and bring my cards because let's face it I love pinball but will need a break.

#83 7 years ago

My friend just found a good store that was clearly not trying to rip him off and he made a deal. It was close to him I think card stores and game stores are flourishing right now.

#95 7 years ago

I keep hearing local gaming shops brought up.

I had a stroke and three brain surgeries that sort of led me away from the more traditional games I used to play like wow.

Anyways my local gaming shops, both are amazing. They really elevate thier areas I think. They are very inviting places to play and hang.

#96 7 years ago

Next I'm going to have to re-acquire some of those force of wills. I think I'm going to need 2. Ouch.

#100 7 years ago

I love this!

I never liked the decks that went all infinite either. I enjoyed just building a deck with my favorite cards and playing.

I lost a lot. But how many times did you get out your legends army ants out and stomping your opponent?

#101 7 years ago

Sorry carrion ants!

#112 7 years ago

i just love the art of the cards. I am going to check out the kaladesh book and see if they have nicely printed the masterpieces.

I love the masterpiece art but the cards themselves are just ridiculous to collect. I may collect those stupid things anyways.

2 weeks later
    #122 7 years ago

Thanks I'm going to try elements.

With Magic I was starting to feel like Hank in breaking bad getting better and buying all kinds of rocks. And having them all arrive in boxes.

I am going through an amazingly difficult time now I can totally relate to Hank. I'm being super choosy on the cards now.

#131 7 years ago

I'm hoping to see some cheap force of will foils pop up for me. Patience...

2 months later
    #133 6 years ago

Magic still consumes me a bit but I think I might try some online now. I am disabled.

I want a zendikar expedition set. I keep waiting for those to drop soon. Maybe.

Then I also would like to just open a box of the new set. Dang these cards.

#134 6 years ago

All while saving for saving for an AFMr or original, too. Wtf.

So nice the cards, they call me.

1 month later
    #137 6 years ago

After reading through this thread. I realized.

I am going to start watching for older unopened booster boxes. I might run into a few.

#143 6 years ago

I have played Ascension it is a very good card game. I used to play it a lot but now, I think I may have missed the last release.

#145 6 years ago

I still have a net runner starter with the box it was sold in. Not worth anything much yet...

2 weeks later
    #147 6 years ago

I am staying away from magic cards as much as humanly possible right now. I got no money for them. But. I will be back of course. Kind of enjoying what I have. I do miss my old cards. But I didn't give them away. I need a new sol ring.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Which edition? I have a HP Revised you can have for free if you like

I will of course take that sol ring thank you very much.

#150 6 years ago

I remember opening boxes of revised for sale. Those were the glory days of magic. And I had a full set of legends and Arabians to play with. Really though I liked the art.

Those days are gone eh.

#151 6 years ago

#152 6 years ago

6 months later
    1 month later
    #180 6 years ago

I just moved to Fullerton California and now I have a pretty nice store close to me. I need to build out a few decks and Also I am going to get them playing Cthulhu wars. But the gaming community is pretty robust here in Fullerton. We have cal state Fullerton. The store is nice. I can tell the players are fun here.

1 month later
    #199 5 years ago
    Quoted from wonderpuddle:

OK, I have to thank you guys in this thread. I am like many of you, in that I started playing right around the time of revised and legends. I played off and on for several years before quitting 10-15 years ago and have several boxes of cards sitting in my garage. I checked out this mtggoldfish link and could not believe what I saw. I recognized several cards I have multiples of that I assumed were worthless but apparently are worth up to several hundred dollars a card. I just went through a few of my old decks and put together an initial stack of around 100 of the higher value cards. Based on that site, those cards would retail for $7K. This is insane. Even if I sell them for half that price, this is a crazy windfall. I imagine I feel like people of my dad's generation must have felt when they realized that worthless shoebox full of Hank Aaron cards was actually worth something. Time to figure out how to sell on ebay....

i think they should make unlimited available again, as a reprint set playable.
    It sure would be fun to open.

#201 5 years ago

I had heard about upcoming changes to masterpiece sets. Aren't they technically out of print now.

Zendikar expeditions, and the other two? I don't have any of those. I meant to ask about this.

#205 5 years ago

I ran into a friend and found out last night he has played magic like I have since the beginning almost, but got rid of all his cards. Like I did. Before.

I am going to make two decks for us to play old school. The ticket for me now will be having multiple decks built for multiple players.

It almost seems like I should just make a cube. Of my cards now. This particular person would enjoy building his own deck out of my cars now, but I think most of my opponents would prefer a built deck. I'm going to start carrying around my decks to all my pinball tourneys.

#213 5 years ago

I really love that our comic stores and game stores are now pillars of good commerce.

The best of tenants for property owners and great places to hang out.

It doesn't suprise me but it is nice to see.

A friend of mine showed me this website I bought a vault set off it because they are always gone. Locally.

It is also great gauge when in the field and you saw something you don't know if you should buy it.

https://www.tcgplayer.com/

Mtgoldfish aready mentioned too.

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

WaddleJrJr is right on. A local game store will give you these for free. Also, they can help you learn the game with tournaments made for new players. Below is a store locator for Carmel, IN. It appears you have quite a few options.
    http://locator.wizards.com/#brand=magic&a=search&p=Carmel,+IN,+USA&c=39.978371,-86.1180435&massmarket=no
    Edit: I would also suggest that if you are wanting a deck, similar to my comment above, I would recommend getting a Challenger pre-constructed deck. These are really well-built and competitive out of the box. The value of the cards alone is close to the $30 price depending on which one you buy. And, if $30 seems too much, MTG may not be the game for you.

All good advice. I like targeting selected cards now. I like foils. Fewer is better for me.

There is not any fun like opening boxes to me, still.

I also enjoy building decks.

#223 5 years ago

I got an invitation to try that beta. Arena I think. I plan on trying it this week.

I was once heavily into online with a singleton deck. That the most fun I ever had playing magic, some of it. I used to play all night. That was the first version of online.

1 month later
    #242 5 years ago

You may have something else we could not see. Dual lands in that timeframe are very sought after.

5 months later
    #256 5 years ago

Anyone biting on the ultimate master set? I want to get a box just to open. Damn you magic, see. They got me.

Anyways, a friend says he had an old box in the basement he is going to send me another guy we used to know gave him. That was too many words. A random box is coming.

Which puts it all in the right timeframe to be something special. Or it might be nothing or picked over. I am excited to get the box either way.

As for selling cards when you don't need the money I say no. Regret.

If I don't need the money I hold em. I bought and sold too many arkham house books before I realized, you just keep them. Forever.

#260 5 years ago

I hope to get one box this week. Probably Saturday. Patience...

1 week later
    #266 5 years ago

I’m pretty dang envious of all the box openings. I have to wait till after Christmas now.

But I got a new gaming laptop and a new audio device. Just very little magic cards.

I will will live damnit.

I’m an adult now. They are just cards.

I keep telling myself. Is fun though.

5 months later
    #273 4 years ago

I bought a single war of the spark today Japanese. This was my rare. Sweet.

#274 4 years ago

If it had only been foil but I will not complain!

1 week later
    #306 4 years ago

I have started playing arena too. Iam azmodeus in the game.

I am enjoying it. But I also agree it won't kill paper.

I also agree with holding cards for your cube. I have seven of the power nine in there including an unlimited black lotus.

I regret for example selling my time spiral card. Now I have to get another for 60 bucks.

My revised dual lands all sold. Good money if your selling.

#311 4 years ago

Don’t sell em cheap the market is high on those cards. To the shops I mean.

Sellers market on those!

#312 4 years ago

If you don’t need the money, I might save the twister. Never going down. IMO.

1 week later
    #315 4 years ago

Arena is great for me right now.

I highly suggest you try it. It’s free. Also there are codes online to unlock a couple packs for free too. Solid

2 weeks later
    #329 4 years ago

I am really enjoying arena. Very nice to see it take away some of my desire to play world of Warcraft.

That right there shows its excellence. IMO.

If you are at all into magic. Try arena. Free. Slick too. I am azmodeus online.

It's a players game. Wildcards are involved to create cards for your deck.

I play a modified jace deck with 4 hydroid Krasus for fun.

4 months later
    #332 4 years ago

in the spirit of damn you magic. it never goes away! They took my money!

#333 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #336 4 years ago

I bought a small handful of cards. Arena is where I play though. Great game.

#337 4 years ago

The small handful of cards I bought was 150. They are keepers though I only buy foil of what I want mostly.

#338 4 years ago

Questing beast foil.

DA0BFC7B-EB3F-4F7D-A6FE-9C07387006DF (resized).jpegDA0BFC7B-EB3F-4F7D-A6FE-9C07387006DF (resized).jpeg
    #339 4 years ago

Turn four questing beast makes me smile.

4 weeks later
    #341 4 years ago

I hope you all are trying arena. My combos would be annoying in real life.

Rising tide. I love this game. My deck is elemental destruction. Once it gets going it is like a wall of death for my opponents.

Of course they are also playing great decks. What a game!

Last month I hit platinum. No sidebar anymore it is a one game or die. Nice!

#344 4 years ago

Yes theros is next and they have very good pre order incentives. It's totally a players game. I'll go play in a few minutes. I'm hooked.

4 months later
    #349 3 years ago

Today the full package goes on sale.

#350 3 years ago

I'm not sure i mentioned this;

A friend I have had since I was 12 told me someone gave him a box of magic about ten years ago.

It's mine, if I want it.
    I want it-I promptly stated.

So it's a mystery box. A real ass mystery box. Right from the proper time frame.

We shall see. I won't see it until atleast September. Might just be a bunch of commons from revised but could be better.

The time capsule I will get to open. I will share the experience when it happens.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/guy-opens-old-magic-the-gathering-deck-stumbles-on-27000-card/

#351 3 years ago

27,000 becomes much larger over time on this item. As you know.

The black lotus, its a long shot, but I told my friend, we are splitting anything I might make off the box.

I told him just the other day. Make sure that box is stashed away. It is. (I want to open it)

#353 3 years ago

Don't worry my friend, you will not burst my bubble. My timeframe might be a little off, but this collector who have them to him. My time frame. Exact years I'm not sure.

We will get an exact total on the value when I get it and yes, it might be zero.

I got my own collection including 1 lotus, I'm fortunate. I'm just excited about the prospects in the box. I would imagine it's mostly commons, but I would be suprised if there in anything later than urzas saga.

Because that is when I first dropped out.

But I don't see anyone giving anyone a black lotus, even back then. Let alone in a box of unwanted magic given to a friend.

However, however, however. Mystery box!

#354 3 years ago

I think I got a power seven by the way.

#355 3 years ago

They are in play decks except the lotus.

#356 3 years ago

I opened a box of ikoria collectors boosters and I was very happy with the contents.

I got a foil fiend artisan and a mothra non foil showcase.

I'm scoping the double masters. Anyone lucky enough to get a box of these in the future?

I can only afford some packs. Too much magic.

#361 3 years ago

I have my few cards in xenoskin binders now.

I have been waiting for my secret Lair drops to come patiently.

The women’s day secret lair I ordered included a full theros collectors booster box. That was cool to open and not have to buy.

Best card was a foil of this.

D52BC1EC-9E54-4304-86A4-F2B260734416 (resized).jpegD52BC1EC-9E54-4304-86A4-F2B260734416 (resized).jpeg
    #365 3 years ago

Selling your cards seems fairly easy on the tcg gamer app. Including scanner function. I got a guy at Frank and sons out here I would deal with myself. 2-5 actually.

I would like to see a cgc graded comic market that works as well as tcg players market. I would use it.

#366 3 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Maybe I will eventually try online.

Free to play. Arena, I cannot recommend this enough.

#367 3 years ago

I play everyday.

4 weeks later
    #371 3 years ago

Wizards hooked me up recently. The late women’s day drop included an extra gift.

The drop included an unopened booster box of collectors boosters from theros.

So 12 free collectors packs with my 50 dollar order. It was a nice surprise.

In those packs I got A uro foil and one other higher val card. Plus all the others free.

I was going to complain about the inability to buy the secret lair fetch land release.

After this I said, who cares. I’m good.

#375 3 years ago

A friend of mine was at the original gencon where they launched magic back in the day. His collection includes all power nine signed and I think a great deal of other valuable cards.

He asked me about them and I said. Grade those right away was my suggestion. I will get back to you all as I think I'm going to help him get them processed to Beckett or who ever it is.

When he told me about his collection I thought it might be a million dollar collection. Lucky guy...

#376 3 years ago

He had the forethought when he bought cards, also some means. I think he had originally bought 14 boxes of legends and later sold them at a massive profit.

I don't get all excited about most hobbies like I do about magic. Like most people go gencon what ?

But I thought his gencon story was cool, adding to the overall interest of his collection to me.

3 weeks later
    #378 3 years ago

I have slowed on any buying. The recent collectors core21 packs did not impress me.

I was much happier with everything that came before it including ikora collectors packs which I felt kicked ass.

Secret lair continues to impress me.

But I am very on the fence on double masters. Currently I have not pre ordered.

Anyone else have thoughts?

#383 3 years ago

I think I'm going to get one vip box and call it a day on double masters.

I am going to cherry pick singles a while after that. Having a great time on arena.

#387 3 years ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

A VIP box? I'd just buy another pinball machine with that kind of money.

The small box not a case of cases. The price was dropping last time I looked it was about 99 for 1 with shipping.

#388 3 years ago

So 1 of these and call it a day.

3 weeks later
    #398 3 years ago

Anyone feeling the glut of magic cards? I mean double masters vip looks good but the box openings appear to be tampered with.

Drop commander and more and more and more.

Not that these products don't look good, I just can't keep up. (Less the tampering issues)

I thought about selling a few old cards from the first few sets...

I realized, maybe I'll just take a break and sit on what I have. The values of my early cards pale the most expensive new cards.

I love collecting cards but a break is needed. Financially.

I've been known to enjoy what I have. I hope to buy one of this and one of that.

But what I really want is cases. Cases of collectors boosters.

One here, one there.

It's a small horde, but is my horde.

On the flip side the etched foils look amazing...

And arena is my go to.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/commander-legends-spoilers-august-22-everything-we-know-so-far

4 months later
    #402 3 years ago

The prices on old unopened product is insane.

Certain keycards are now so high I am reviewing my meager collection for sales potential.

Even with the pandemic, it seems these cards just grow in value. I know there are limits to this.

I find it interesting that local gaming stores are are not able to play magic, but physical cards still grow in value.

I called a buddy of mine when 1card went from like six dollars to thirty in Jan. I’ll find the example.

Final fortune.

https://www.mtgstocks.com/prints/14076-final-fortune

#405 3 years ago

I was poking around looking for cards to sell when I came upon a legends abyss.

I knew I had it but just look at the cost.

22AEF4FC-166E-40CA-BD1C-AC1CE1D381C6 (resized).png22AEF4FC-166E-40CA-BD1C-AC1CE1D381C6 (resized).png
    #406 3 years ago

It’s time to sell that one now, IMO.

2 months later
    #410 3 years ago

I got a single box of timespiral remastered. I got a real nice selection of cards

1 big deal sliver
    2 tamargoff
    1 damnation

Also, Quite a bit of other key cards I wanted. Everything is sellable.

I also got two time shifted foils. Nothing special but $40 and $80 respectively.

I was going to sell a couple and decided against it and I’m keeping all contents and going to buy a gemstonecavern on the side.

I would have liked to get another box or two. But I could only secure one at a good price.

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

When I sold my old dual lands I thought I was doing good getting about $50, that was like 18 years ago now. I remember always seeing Black Lotus for $100 and moxes for $50. I really wanted them but just couldn't justify spending that much for one card. The prices for some of these cards is just amazing.

Back then I did the same thing. I should have bought ten black lotuses.

Magic cards are still a hobby that gives back. It’s getting a bit pricey though.

1 week later
    #413 3 years ago

I am getting 1 box of collectors boosters strixhaven. I am also going to get a second case of four vip double masters.

My local game store has Wednesday night commander. My second shot is in two weeks. Then as the months progress, I’ll play there wednesdays.

I really like the way magic has become so easy to sell.
    TCGplayer, etc.

I am holding though. No sales now, myself.

They are pulling the money. Hasbro has seen what can happen. $. Big $.

I will pull back if overwhelmed. If I never got one more card in my life I would be ok. Holding almost all.

#416 3 years ago

I thought of a magic card meme.

You find a box of magic.

Score!

It’s fallen empires though...

#417 3 years ago

https://www.mtgstocks.com/sets/56-fallen-empires

Reason was I found a small stack the other day. It was fallen empires though.

2 months later
    #419 2 years ago

I am saving in the back of my head for a complete set of the masterpieces and inventions.

My lgs has both, I can wheel and deal!

1ED4FA0B-6954-4F4B-B56F-4645BA170AC8 (resized).png1ED4FA0B-6954-4F4B-B56F-4645BA170AC8 (resized).pngC2382C84-CA2E-4C4D-9B1B-78A2612BD656 (resized).jpegC2382C84-CA2E-4C4D-9B1B-78A2612BD656 (resized).jpeg
    #421 2 years ago

I fully agree. Wotc may reprint. That’s why I’m going to drive my guy down. Down baby down down.

I’m going to strike a deal on both at one time. That’s is my plan!

1 month later
    #426 2 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Where do you all think the bottom will be on enemy fetchlands? I picked up one playset already, but I'm debating about picking up a few more. They are such staples for all formats and it seems like availability is at an all time high. I just think that today's prices will seem like a bargain in another year or two.

I am enjoying pulling the fetches out of modern horizons two collectors boxes. Opened two so far and I must say I was very happy with the contents. I kind of want to get a third.

So in terms of fetches I would say yes get some more. I’m not sure we will ever see any reprinting of fetches further than sets.

They made a shock land secret lair, but I just don’t see them doing fetches in this way. I could of course be wrong.

I can remember the same types of budget things I thought about when legends packs were 20 dollars each. Today’s prices, tomorrow’s prices. I need more money.

1 month later
    #428 2 years ago

Got my recent summer super drop and it contained two different of the sketch bonus cards.

I’m watching my budget but wizards. They are watching my budget too.

08CE9739-2468-4F38-B7CA-B9B145BFC4E9 (resized).jpeg08CE9739-2468-4F38-B7CA-B9B145BFC4E9 (resized).jpeg
    6 months later
    #429 2 years ago

5 year old topic alert.
    Getting a box of these tomorrow.

Essentially it’s four cards per pack I’m interested in. Those lands are nice too, they’ll be foil.

DB5C7669-D383-4901-A692-7B31015F0220 (resized).jpegDB5C7669-D383-4901-A692-7B31015F0220 (resized).jpeg

I will post results.

7 months later
    #434 1 year ago

The magic product choices are overwhelming. The basic price went up on timespiral remastered and they have held the line on price increases big time.

I will say, if you don’t need to own everything I can pick and choose from some great stuff.

Commander war hammer decks surprised me. I had no intention of buying any and they did such an amazing job I picked up the set of four.

I was able to snag one copy of the 30th secret lair before it sold out.

I am enjoying the game, but hasbro is making poor choices, imo.

#435 1 year ago

I picked up one collectors box of dominaria united only. I got a headless horseman common from legends in there.

I am watching the market and I want a complete set of bothkaladesh inventions and theinvocations.

Last time I looked it was about 6k complete for both. I would like my two sets for 2k. Or less. Maybe by summer. The price will go down, then I will try to work some additional magic on the end price.

Ultimately, this is one of my 3 favorite hobbies. Magic, comics and pinball. I imagine I am not ever leaving the game. But how much I spend will probably go down in the future. And that is just fine for me.

1 month later
    #436 1 year ago

I can’t wait to see the financials on hasbros mtg. They are gutting the fans wallets. I am taking a break from buying anything this next 12 months barring a couple releases.

Once a regular secret lair bundle buyer, now turned single lair buyer.

The $1000 four packs of reprinted beta destroyed my interest.

I love the game and play regularly, but wizards has lost major confidence in the brand through hasbros era here.

The 30 card secret lair was a hit with me. I scored a foil mox.

The commander warhammers were amazing in my opinion.

So it’s the things like those I would still pick up next year. I am going to support my local game store differently in 2023 and moving forward.

Wizards began the reprint cash grab in timespiral remastered, began edging out LGS.

Partnering deeply with Amazon and raising boxes from roughly 100 to 250. Regular draft boosters remained at 100. That was the beginning.

I told my LGS. This is a sign of the future. Wizards does not care at all about your local game store.

I could easily see them making a dedicated store concept like warhammer.

Ramblings over…

#437 1 year ago

There will never be another game like mtg, I realize.

#447 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

I'm sitting on a small fortune, starting out in late '93 and ending around '96/7. Haven't played in a long time. I've given many unopened packs away over the years to friends that still play, but now they have more or less exited the game/stopped buying.
    Have a number of unopened revised boosters/starter decks, unlimited boosters, some unopened legends/dark, and binders with unplayed stuff. I do not have any lotuses or moxes anymore, but have a ton of dual lands, and multiple complete sets of revised, and a TON of A/B/U in various conditions.
    What's my best avenue to convert these for cash to buy more pinball machines?
    I'm guessing the unopened unlimited boosters are where the real money is, and maybe (for the dual lands) the unopened revised?
    I wouldn't mind selling as a lot to avoid the cherry pickers, but I'm guessing I need to tabulate a value of rares/uncommons that are actually worth something, then tabulate a fair market price from there, and unload the unopened stuff separately?

If you want to talk to an excellent buyer at frank and sons in California please tell me. I would sell my collection to no one else.
    I will update with exact co info. Tell him Mike Bodak sent you! I’m the Guy with a cane.

I will update with the information on the company. He buys expensive collections, and when I die he will be buying mine. I already introduced him to my fiancé.

I told her, when I die sell all my magic to Rick, no exception. (I did this with both of them in my presence) And I am serious. Of course there are other great buyers I’m sure. But I will guarantee Rick will be one of your best options.

#448 1 year ago

One of my friends who collected and played with me sold out his collection a few years ago and got 8-10 grand cash. They have gone up quite a bit since then. The old ones.

For me buying and selling gets to be fun now.

#449 1 year ago

[email protected]
    Rick is the owner. F y I .

1 week later
    #457 1 year ago

They need a shake up at hasbro/wizards.

Don’t sell now because of it though imo. The company may be making massive bad decisions, but what you have already is still full of value. Not to mention playability.

I am holding and playing. Honestly someone needs to be fired at hasbro/wizards.

The community is strong and smart. It’s a great game. The community is the shining Star right now. Imo.

D03D3DC1-D198-4A6A-A210-100A67640D0F (resized).jpegD03D3DC1-D198-4A6A-A210-100A67640D0F (resized).jpeg
    8 months later
    #463 7 months ago

I play arena a lot and commander when I can. Wizards has given the hardcore fans the absolute middle finger, myself included.

It started with the magic 30 reprint fiasco, but they have doubled down really showing me, I am somehow not their target audience. When I absolutely am the target. This irritates me when a hardcore audience is somehow stated not to be the target audience.

As a financial impact I was up to about 2k a year in new product. This year I am at $200 and holding.

I love the game and will always play. But they really are destroying their loyal base.

IMG_1700 (resized).jpegIMG_1700 (resized).jpegIMG_1701 (resized).jpegIMG_1701 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-you-magic-the-gathering?tu=azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.