Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 476 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by Gunnut40
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1700 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1701 (resized).jpeg
    20230128_171231.jpg
    20230128_171142.jpg
    D03D3DC1-D198-4A6A-A210-100A67640D0F (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20221219_103716_Gallery (resized).jpg
    DB5C7669-D383-4901-A692-7B31015F0220 (resized).jpeg
    08CE9739-2468-4F38-B7CA-B9B145BFC4E9 (resized).jpeg
    C2382C84-CA2E-4C4D-9B1B-78A2612BD656 (resized).jpeg
    1ED4FA0B-6954-4F4B-B56F-4645BA170AC8 (resized).png
    22AEF4FC-166E-40CA-BD1C-AC1CE1D381C6 (resized).png
    69000402 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    D52BC1EC-9E54-4304-86A4-F2B260734416 (resized).jpeg
    2a549ec9109f813f241c7b0f87dd8abfe776731e (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ns2973.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#182 5 years ago

Some of us a while back realized that with a small supply and a reserve list, we could buy out reserve list cards that were playable and create artificial price spikes, it's the new junk bond.

I'm getting out, think its going to ruin the game.

#185 5 years ago

Originally we thought we could force wotc fo get rid of the reserve list. Still think it may happen but the prices stuck.

#187 5 years ago

Because I like to play, and my favorite formats are dying because wotc cant monetize a card set they will never print again.

Legacy and vintage used to be amazing, but with such a high barrier to entry, modern and standard are the only supported formats. Which is magic on training wheels.

#190 5 years ago

The only way wizards will support the best formats is if they can make money, that's why the reserve list needs to die.

#192 5 years ago

You reprint with new borders. Guys like me that have all the cards already object to the appearance and the collectors will always want first printings.

Legacy wint become modern. It's the most diverse format in the game and playing it is excellent. Letting more people play more decks helps formats.

1.5 was my favorite as well, but letting me play workshops in a format without fast management was unfair.

#194 5 years ago

They make a ton of non standard and modern legal sets now. Conspiracy is one of them that is actually quite cool.

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

I think reprinting a special edition set, that was tinted with a special back, sharp corners, and platinum border would be an easy way to circumvent the "no reprint" promise. And then start a new block format called "Old School". Only physical cards from the Old School set are eligible. Remove the Ante cards as needed.
    The Special Edition set could include each card from Beta cards, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, Dark and Fallen Empire.
    Sell an "Old School" Starter Deck (all cards random): 6 Rares (one from each set), 12 Uncommon (at least one from each set), 24 commons (at least one from each set), 18 basic lands -- $30
    Sell an "Old School" Super Booster: 2 Rares, 4 Uncommon, 8 common, 2 lands -- $10
    Sell "Old School" complete sets - $300
    If WOTC did this, I'd buy the cards just to be able to play them.
    Marcus

There actually is a format called old school. Its caused the prices of even less powerful cards to skyrocket. But it's the best magic you can play

#202 5 years ago

They are out of print. There has been several buyouts already, none of which I was a part of, but tripled pricing.

The small size of magic inventory makes speculation too easy

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

All good advice. I like targeting selected cards now. I like foils. Fewer is better for me.
    There is not any fun like opening boxes to me, still.
    I also enjoy building decks.

I'm selling my modern jund deck, fully foiled if youd like!

#220 5 years ago

They have already changed the reserve list once. Its fully feasible to do it, will they? Who knows. Confidence in the value and collectibility definitely has value

#222 5 years ago

Hearthstone is checkers. Magic is chess, they have magic arena which copied their ui but kept the game but that may still be in beta.

1 month later
    #236 5 years ago

Hahaha some of those guys are friends of mine. They had a blast. Seemed fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ns2973.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-you-magic-the-gathering?tu=Ns2973 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.