2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 271 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 55 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20181212_224859 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181109_215327 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3799 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3798 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3797 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3796 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3795 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3794 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3793 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3792 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3791 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3790 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3789 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3788 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3787 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3786 (resized).JPG

There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 4 months ago

Anyone have standard playables?

#252 4 months ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I've got a ton worth selling, but my thing has been that I dont need the money for anything, so I haven't been interested in selling. Last time I sold cards, I sold my Chains of Mephistopheles for $50. Its now worth 800.

I know the feeling.

I sold a large box of alpha and beta cards back in 2013 for $3,000.
    Today, that same collection is worth closer to $15K.

Amazing how much Alpha and Beta have grown in value.

Marcus

#253 4 months ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

I know the feeling.
    I sold a large box of alpha and beta cards back in 2013 for $3,000.
    Today, that same collection is worth closer to $15K.
    Amazing how much Alpha and Beta have grown in value.
    Marcus

Yeah, people have caught onto the rarity of them.

#254 4 months ago

I have recently jumped back in hard. I have become the sponsor of a MTG club at our school. Check out this combo that I laid down tonight!

IMG_20181109_215327 (resized).jpg
    #255 4 months ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I have recently jumped back in hard. I have become the sponsor of a MTG club at our school. Check out this combo that I laid down tonight!
    [quoted image]

Nice! Love the revised Elves thrown in there.

3 weeks later
    #256 3 months ago

Anyone biting on the ultimate master set? I want to get a box just to open. Damn you magic, see. They got me.

Anyways, a friend says he had an old box in the basement he is going to send me another guy we used to know gave him. That was too many words. A random box is coming.

Which puts it all in the right timeframe to be something special. Or it might be nothing or picked over. I am excited to get the box either way.

As for selling cards when you don't need the money I say no. Regret.

If I don't need the money I hold em. I bought and sold too many arkham house books before I realized, you just keep them. Forever.

#257 3 months ago

I'll sell every card I have right now. Just been too lazy to Ebay lately.

All bubbles burst

#258 3 months ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Anyone biting on the ultimate master set? I want to get a box just to open. Damn you magic, see. They got me.
    Anyways, a friend says he had an old box in the basement he is going to send me another guy we used to know gave him. That was too many words. A random box is coming.
    Which puts it all in the right timeframe to be something special. Or it might be nothing or picked over. I am excited to get the box either way.
    As for selling cards when you don't need the money I say no. Regret.
    If I don't need the money I hold em. I bought and sold too many arkham house books before I realized, you just keep them. Forever.

I opened 3 boxes of Ultimate Masters already, I love it

#259 3 months ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I opened 3 boxes of Ultimate Masters already, I love it

Damn! Nice.

#260 3 months ago

I hope to get one box this week. Probably Saturday. Patience...

1 week later
    #261 3 months ago

I opened a box and these were a couple of the sweet cards.

Yep, Liliana's a foil. I also had a couple of other $50 cards in the box.

IMG_20181212_224859 (resized).jpg
    #262 3 months ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I opened a box and these were a couple of the sweet cards.
    Yep, Liliana's a foil. I also had a couple of other $50 cards in the box.
    [quoted image]

Rootwalla is nothing special but it's a foil. The buried alive is just one of my favorites in general.

#263 3 months ago

The foiling on these newer cards is so disappointing. On camera, you can barely tell they're foils.

Nice pull though.

#264 3 months ago

I may be alone, but I like the current foiling. It’s like a satin and probably won’t curl as easy.

#265 3 months ago
    Quoted from maffewl:

I may be alone, but I like the current foiling. It’s like a satin and probably won’t curl as easy.

Unfortunately it's still curling, it's not quite as crazy as the cards from original Mirrodin block, which always seem to curl worse than anything else for some reason, but the new ones definitely will still curl badly if you're not careful.

#266 3 months ago

I’m pretty dang envious of all the box openings. I have to wait till after Christmas now.

But I got a new gaming laptop and a new audio device. Just very little magic cards.

I will will live damnit.

I’m an adult now. They are just cards.

I keep telling myself. Is fun though.

#267 3 months ago

The peeps at Wizards of the Coast are genius. They hand out free starter decks and all of a sudden my kids are buying expansion packs, plains walkers, and single cards. I just learned to play, but now I can't keep up with the kids.

1 month later
    #268 55 days ago

Starting to pick up a few modern cards again. I think we all have those stories of missing out or selling too cheap. I remember my friend buying a full playset of duel lands for $400. I thought he was an idiot, but turns out I was the idiot. That was actually the beginning of the end for me. It became less fun when you needed to have hundreds of dollars invested to play with your friends. I liked it better crap like Killer Bees were playable cards, when the theme of a deck was just as important as how good it was. I sold my few dual lands for way to cheap, based on today's pricing. Force of Will was another card that seems to have exploded since I've been away. It's interesting how those very small benefits increase card pricing. Anyway, I'm starting off by buying fetchlands and shocklands. I know they aren't the original duel lands, but both seem like they going to be long term staples in decks (especially fetchlands). They might actually be better then duel lands in my opinion. If anyone has anything for sale at below eBay pricing please send me a PM.

#269 55 days ago

May want to look on TCGplayer. They usually have the best prices. Ebay is much more of a rip when it comes to MTG.

#270 55 days ago

Do you play casual formats or do you play seriously at the LGS/tournaments? If you play casual, maybe consider ordering some nice-looking proxies to save some bucks. I have a cube that we draft out of and have saved a lot of money by proxying. In many cases, you can't tell the difference between a proxy and the real thing.

#271 55 days ago

I've been able to beat TCG player in most cases. I've went a bit crazy the last few days. I picked up a full playset of Blood Crypt, Breeding Pool, Hallowed Fountain, Stomping Ground, and Watery Grave. Average was exactly $7 per card, shipped. I'd still like to grab the Steam Vents, but the meta game seems to be driving their price up currently and I could see that rotating as those decks rotate out of favor. Still, I see shock lands as a long term staple in most decks, plus with them being recently reprinted they are nearing all time lows. I also picked up just a handful of fetch lands, including: Bloodstained Mire ($13), Marsh Flats ($26), Misty Rainforest ($34), Polluted Delta ($10), Scalding Tarn ($56), and Verdant Catacombs ($30). Unless they are reprinted, which they very well could be, I don't see any reason they shouldn't have a steady rise in value. Every single deck, that they are legal in, should be running fetch lands. If for no other reason to thin out their deck. As stated above, I think they are perhaps even better then the original duel lands. Because of that, I'm somewhat taking a gamble that they will not be reprinted. I'm trying to be very selective and only buying where I see long term value.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 275.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 11.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 149.00
    £ 80.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 295.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    There are 271 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside