Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by BC_Gambit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Last night after we had FT moved indoors, I took the opportunity to share my games with the fellow that I bought it from. He's a part time operator (I think he has 4 games on route at a single location) and I know he is one of those people who enjoy taking the chance to play and appreciate games.

He went directly for my IM. Put up a two player game, we both did, predictably, terrible. I don't think either of us broke 5 mil.

Second game...first ball we each did OK, I was a few mil ahead of him. Second ball...next thing I know he says "it's telling me Do Or Die, what am I supposed to do?"

Damn him...second ball, second game, he put up 52 million!

Smacked any score I've gotten on it by far....not sure if I should be impressed or ticked

#2 7 years ago

I had a cool shot on IM yesterday, which I will never do again. Had a ball cupped on each flipper and shot both into the center spinner simultaneously.

I find that now that I am understanding the game and how to score higher, I have done worse than when I was just played the game. That happens to me on every game. Eventually it all comes together again. I had several games in the 120s when I first got the game. Now I am doing well at 50-70 million.

The game has been freshly waxed with more powerful slings and harder Monger settings, so it is a harder game for sure.

Dan

Dan

#3 7 years ago

Iron Man is awesome!

#4 7 years ago

52 million is a pretty small score for a great IM game.

Try setting up 2x scoring right before the DoD shot opportunity opens up. Hard/rare to do, but it sets up a monster score that is tough to beat otherwise. I have come close to beating my DoD 2x scores.... but its a tough hill to climb. Especially for bums like me who haven't updated their firmware to the new one that has DoD set to 35mil rather than 50mil.

If anything take this as good news... it shows how much you still have to grow/improve/learn on this game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside