• Latest reply 10 years ago by lladnip
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Found a BOP for $1000. Just signed off on a new house and haven't sold my old one yet. Even mentioning pinball around my wife would be suicide.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Found a BOP for $1000. Just signed off on a new house and haven't sold my old one yet. Even mentioning pinball around my wife would be suicide.

Buy it!

#3 10 years ago

Buy it, put it in the new house and say 'honey someone left a BOP in the basement!'

#4 10 years ago

I think it would be more "murder" than suicide, so religiously, you would be fine. I think it would be better to just ask the wife if she would like you to be happy with another machine, or happier spending life in jail since that is what she would get for killing you.

There is always two ways to look at things.

#5 10 years ago

What is a wife?

#6 10 years ago

There is no way to pass that up...

#7 10 years ago

Lol. Isn't that always the way?

#8 10 years ago

At least let her know what you're passing up for her!

#9 10 years ago

Do you have a friend that could buy it and store it for 6 months?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from ghostrachel:

Do you have a friend that could buy it and store it for 6 months?

You mean, do you have a friend that could store it for 6 months?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from rockinganker:

You mean, do you have a friend that could store it for 6 months?

Basically.
But if money is too tight right now, maybe he has a friend that could buy it and store it. Then there would be no missing $. Maybe he could kick in a little extra to his friend when he buys it off him in a few months.
I believe what I'm doing is called enabling.

#12 10 years ago

I know buying a house sucks, because you can't do much with your credit and there's lots of moving expenses. But in general, women can't pass up a great deal. Make a case, show her the potential for profit, and see what happens. There's no way I'd turn down a $1000 BOP, but then again I'm infected with the pinball virus. (For which there is no cure. Heck, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to get another game to fix up/shop because I'm done with the ones I have and bored. lol)

#13 10 years ago

Timing is everything.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I know buying a house sucks, because you can't do much with your credit and there's lots of moving expenses. But in general, women can't pass up a great deal. Make a case, show her the potential for profit, and see what happens. There's no way I'd turn down a $1000 BOP, but then again I'm infected with the pinball virus. (For which there is no cure. Heck, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to get another game to fix up/shop because I'm done with the ones I have and bored. lol)

Yeah, me too. Have four but that's about 10 too few. Save enough, find out A/C died. Save more, now shrubs need trimmed and mulched. Save again and see some siding needs replaced. UGGG

#15 10 years ago

Yeah two mortgages is going to win that argument. But, I'm glad you're all on my side. The owner of the BOP says all it needs is a new "spring". I don't know what that means but unless it's a $700 "spring" I'm thinking it's a good deal.

Alas... it's not in the cards.

#16 10 years ago

Tell me about it. Just got back from our honey moon and a nice JP pops up for a good price on craigs list....been waiting. UGH.

#17 10 years ago

Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

#18 10 years ago

SHE WILL GET OVER IT.

#19 10 years ago

F-Her !

then take a Quick shower after, and get in the truck and go pick up your new pin...

Its just money you can always make more...

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

F-Her !

then take a Quick shower after, and get in the truck and go pick up your new pin...

How could anyone argue with that, every day should be like that.

#21 10 years ago

buy it, put it in storage/friends house if avl and once all settled tell her you found a nice BOP for a good price and go pick it up from the storage unit/friends house

#22 10 years ago

1 Vagina is NOT worth unhappiness !

There are too many spare ones floating around..

#23 10 years ago

That is a steal in this part of the world.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

What is a wife?

New modern day term for slave master. (Just kidding honey if you read this - really, I mean it, please don't walk over and hit me.)

#25 10 years ago

Get it!
As long as your intention is only to play pinball with it

image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 10 years ago

maybe the timeing is not that bad after all???? when your anniversary- you need it to be a gift for her...... im sure its what she always wantted

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 27.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.99
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-you-crappy-timing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.