Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dvandentop
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FT_Red_eYe_d_Fish.jpg
    Fish_Tales_Led_d.jpg
    Fish_Tales_aerial_shot.jpg
    2011-09-08_23-03-44_966.jpg
    2011-09-01_18-44-54_577.jpg
    P1010146.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

woulda been a fun afternoon of doing fish tales LED conversion and then some repairs as well to broken lane guides and star post.

#2 12 years ago

and Monday is a Holiday ,,, Tuesday or Wed- will be here soon

#3 12 years ago

crap it is?? USPS is off monday?? that is the 10th you are thinking of?

#4 12 years ago

I hate when I order early in the week and my stuff doesn't arrive by the weekend!

CT and Marco are usually good to me... another company which shall remain nameless are the slowpokes.

#5 12 years ago

What did you decide to go with? Supers? Frosted? Upload pics/movies!!! I am planning on getting super flashers to finish my FT up soon. Lots of overtime this past week and next for funding.

#6 12 years ago

i didnt order til late thursday night i think so prob all shipped friday priority mail

shane i went with frosted and minis as your sugestions ordered for backbox and flasher for it as well.

ended up ordering a crap ton of bulbs so will see how it all looks, will have some left overs i am guessing

here is what i ordered, got some extras for my HS2 which i would prefer some different color got GI compared to the green that is in there now, hope i ordered enough of everything LOL

Qty | Item # | Description | Price Each | Total Price
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4 | 4+1HP555R | 555 RED 4leds + 1High Power | $1.69 | $6.76

75 | W555F | 555 WHITE Frosted | $0.69 | $51.75

2 | SUPER 89 GREEN | SUPER 89 GREEN | $4.49 | $8.98

1 | SUPER 906 COOL | SUPER 906 COOL WHITE | $3.99 | $3.99

1 | CW555HP5 | 555 COOL WHITE 5 High Power | $2.49 | $2.49

3 | 555 Mini Orange | 555 Mini Orange | $0.69 | $2.07

3 | 555 Mini Purple | 555 Mini Purple | $0.69 | $2.07

3 | 44 Mini Purple | 44/47 Mini Purple | $0.69 | $2.07

3 | 44 Mini Orange | 44/47 Mini Orange | $0.69 | $2.07

10 | 555 Mini Yellow | 555 Mini Yellow | $0.69 | $6.90

8 | 555 Mini Red | 555 Mini Red | $0.69 | $5.52

3 | 44 Mini Red | 44/47 Mini Red | $0.69 | $2.07

26 | 555 Mini Green | 555 Mini Green | $0.69 | $17.94

4 | 44 Mini Green | 44/47 Mini Green | $0.69 | $2.76

4 | 555 Mini Blue | 555 Mini Blue | $0.69 | $2.76

6 | 555 Mini White | 555 Mini White | $0.69 | $4.14

25 | CW44F | 44/47 COOL WHITE FROSTED | $0.69 | $17.25

17 | 906CW | 906 COOL WHITE | $2.49 | $42.33
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subtotal $183.92
    Less Coupon PINSIDE ($18.39)
    Subtotal $165.53
    Tax $0.00
    Shipping (Standard) $6.05
    Balance Due $171.58

Post edited by dvandentop

#7 12 years ago

Many will probably disagree, but overly bright inserts are a little too much. Supers are a little harsh in inserts... especially close to the flippers. It is hard to track the ball in my opinion. Hopefully you will like the results. If not, sell them to me. I can use them!!!

And the green flashers behind the casters club and under the reel will look COOL!!!

#9 12 years ago

Nice order.

I can't find the right GI for a few area. Tried frosted whites and retro whites but they are both blinding! Need a real mellow white.

#10 12 years ago

You need to make plans to visit Central Iowa for a day or two.

Between personally owned and Arcade owned, you can play MM CC LOTR SM IM IJ Congo NGG SS AFM SWE1 CV and a few others.

The home use guys try to get together on Thursdays. I just met them. They are great people and even better players...

#11 12 years ago

This is about what you will end up with... I didn't see flashers for the backbox or for under the boat on your order... I don't have them yet either. Soon.... P1010146.jpgP1010146.jpg

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from shanetastic:

This is about what you will end up with.

Makes me miss that game, Shane. Very niiiice.

#13 12 years ago

Here is the before/after using the cointaker frosted in the backbox over standard bulbs. I think the colors just pop out. I also think as I am writing this that I may have the pinball sickness!!!

2011-09-01_18-44-54_577.jpg2011-09-01_18-44-54_577.jpg 2011-09-08_23-03-44_966.jpg2011-09-08_23-03-44_966.jpg

#14 12 years ago

Here's my FT ,, I used alot of Super and Frosted's .. I later changed the Red-eYe to Orange ..

Fish_Tales_aerial_shot.jpgFish_Tales_aerial_shot.jpg Fish_Tales_Led_d.jpgFish_Tales_Led_d.jpg FT_Red_eYe_d_Fish.jpgFT_Red_eYe_d_Fish.jpg

#15 12 years ago

BR, you need another FT!!!

#16 12 years ago

crap those are flashers under the boat?? I did order flasher for the head on my unit atleast I hope I did lol if not I meant too.

damn both machines look great my ft looks like crap now compared to hs2 with led's now!

#17 12 years ago

There is a 555 and 906 for each insert in the boat....

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from shanetastic:

There is a 555 and 906 for each insert in the boat....

i got 555 but no flashers, oh well those can wait probably.

how does CT usually ship? usps priority i hope

#19 12 years ago

Yeah, I held off on those flashers because I ran out of money. I am also trying to decide if I should go with all white, or match the insert color for the boat flashers.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Between personally owned and Arcade owned, you can play MM CC LOTR SM IM IJ Congo NGG SS AFM SWE1 CV and a few others.

The home use guys try to get together on Thursdays. I just met them. They are great people and even better players...

sounds like a good group my wife would love it too!

#21 12 years ago

Good choice on the minis. I actually have not tried the supers simply because I know they would be too bright for me.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I can't find the right GI for a few area.

Same here. I installed all CT frosteds into BR, and went back to plain 'ol incadescents within two days, even the reds. It was just too much light.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Quoted from dvandentop:

sounds like a good group my wife would love it too!

If either of you guys find yourselves in SUX shoot me email. We can get together for some pinball and steaks!

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

If either of you guys find yourselves in SUX shoot me email. We can get together for some pinball and steaks!

for sure would love to check out whirlwind, taxi and f14

#24 12 years ago

CRAAAAP cointaker LEDS still not here today! how do they usually ship?? i ordered from macro on thursday night and that stuff showed up yesterday priority mail, hope it shows tomorrow!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

cointaker LEDS still not here today!

usually a little slow. always very worth the wait...once it's OVER!

Quoted from ssathre:

DEAL. and when you want to ditch Whirlwind or TZ, please look me up?

#26 12 years ago

SSathre said SUX

How do you know your airports 3 letter ID?

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

DEAL. and when you want to ditch Whirlwind or TZ, please look me up?

you aren't the first one that has asked that. Whirlwind has been declared "off limits" by the other half. If that ever changes I'll be sure to post here first. I can't even bring myself to think about getting rid of TZ, yet. I really love that machine and since the restore I have been having my way with her every night!

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

SSathre said SUX

How do you know your airports 3 letter ID?

that's been something of an embarrassment for my town since it was assigned. the city has petitioned to get that changed for decades and it just isn't going to happen. now there has been an acceptance of the title and the airport has a marketing campaign that proudly advertises "Fly SUX". they have all sorts of swag made up, I even own a tshirt. Of course we have been referring to this town as "The SUX" ever since I can remember... but for different and obvious reasons. it's not like there is a lot going on here.

#28 12 years ago

hey atleast you have a 5 guys hamburgers!

#29 12 years ago

I think that the way the airport, town, and civil servants impressed the world on july 19, 1989, would make any person thinking about the airport proud...sux or not!

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

hey atleast you have a 5 guys hamburgers!

true, but I would trade that for a chipotle any day. YUM!

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I think that the way the airport, town, and civil servants impressed the world on july 19, 1989, would make any person thinking about the airport proud...sux or not!

That a was a scary day indeed. I actually watched that happen and will never forget it. It's amazing that anyone survived at all. The first responders and hospitals did an amazing job.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

That a was a scary day indeed. I actually watched that happen and will never forget it. It's amazing that anyone survived at all. The first responders and hospitals did an amazing job.

It was my first day in Oklahoma City training to be....an air traffic controller!

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

It was my first day in Oklahoma City training to be....an air traffic controller!

that made for a memorable first day. I was wondering how you knew that date so well.

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

I was wondering how you knew that date so well.

#35 12 years ago

they have arrived! let the games begin!

#36 12 years ago

damn gonna end up a few short of the 44 style on the top end!

almost starting the bottom section

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/damn-wish-my-leds-from-ct-and-parts-from-macro-woulda-came-yesterday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.